Player Discussion Mats Zuccarello

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Didn't even think about him, but yeah he fits too. Datsyuk is the guy I had in mind.
4933fac9111ab747e27f89f5b83f3ae6.jpg

Seems pretty normal actually...

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
Huh? the longer the stick the better the shot. More flex works against slappers.
The longer stick the better shot? That's must be a joke. I play with an oversized stick, and that is certainly not the case for me. Same goes for "more flex works against slappers" - too much or too little flex works against slappers to my experience. Has to fit the strenght of the player.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Doesn't match what he used in the NHL though, as seen in the image I posted above. This looks like some youth camp he was taking part in...
The image you posted is from bout 15 years ago. Try again

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
A while ago...

Reporter: Mats, how do you play with that long stick of yours?
Mats: Which one?

haha...good answer to a dumb question.

Reactions: A Bundy

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Just a comparison between Datsyuk 15 years ago, when he scored 27 goals and 87 points in the NHL, with Zucc showing stick length differences.

Here's a video from the same time frame. Start around the 30 second mark

Reactions: TaLoN

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
A good piece on Zuccarello on size and a bit on the lenght of his stick. He tries different lenghts. Small but mighty Mats Zuccarello's secrets to making it big
The advantage: It augments Zuccarello's radius and gives him artificial reach. "I always played with a long stick -- I've had it since I was a kid -- so it's something I'm used to by now," Zuccarello said. "I like to change up my stick. I don't remember what length it was [then]. It's probably a little bit shorter now than when I came into the league, but I like it this way."

Reactions: Webster

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Zucc is one of my favorite Rangers of all-time. He's definitely my favorite Ranger of the 21st Century. Really happy that he's had a career resurgence and that he's such a positive influence on and off the ice for Kaprizov. I would expect nothing less from such a talented professional like Zucc. New York misses him.

Norway House: Home To Minnesota’s Norwegian American Community

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
Something happened to Zuke's teeth? (From last pre-game interview. Can't find it now, but looks like he is missing something. Picture as an illustration)
upload_2021-3-17_13-3-59.jpeg

Last edited:

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Oh man, I just about lost it watching this video. :laugh: Thoresen's awesome. That first year he played in the NHL with Zuccarello on the Wild was just magical. Too bad it was shortened by COVID.

Weird Site
Who writes stuff like that? Thoresen had two seasons in The NHL with around 100 games and 25 points total. He had several years in Khl though, winning the Gagarin Cup twice.
Aha, it's an alternative story. Who is the player they actually wrote about on the NHL part of the story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad