Player Discussion Mats Zuccarello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I just heard that Zucc has no interest in a reunion with the Rangers. Let's leave it there.

That means there's a bigger chance he'll sign here. There's love in the air, and Dallas has already proposed ;)

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I just heard that Zucc has no interest in a reunion with the Rangers. Let's leave it there.

That means there's a bigger chance he'll sign here. There's love in the air, and Dallas has already proposed ;)

Do you have any media source or speculating?
I doubt that decision is set in stone yet to be honest with you @Webster - and Zucc might be going UFA for his first time in his career has advantage as well based on Zucc`s own economy reasons.

And finally it`s a sport reason which is essential for most of the NHL players who want to play meaningful games like playoffs hockey. I believe that Dallas Stars can manage playoffs next year, but my point is there are a lot of factors and other NHL teams who are interested as well like: Flyers, Canucks, or maybe even Rangers with a top #2nd oa pick in 2019 either Jack Hughes or Kakko - especially if Rangers is going for it and sign Panarin in this summer window, and Rangers have a better defense now with the A. Fox signing recently.

Last edited:

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Judging by his interview and nills I would be shocked if zucc isn’t resigned . The whole fit like a glove thing from nill and zucc saying when a team trusts in me I like that or whatever it was , i don’t think they’d say those things if they weren’t planning on resigning .

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
He wants to target a team where he thinks he has the best chance to win a Cup before he retires, if he thinks that team is Dallas remains to be seen. A reporter close to him said today that his agent is going to negotiate with several teams. (facebook post in Norwegian).

MrHockey36

Feb 26, 2019
Murcia , Spain
He wants to target a team where he thinks he has the best chance to win a Cup before he retires, if he thinks that team is Dallas remains to be seen. A reporter close to him said today that his agent is going to negotiate with several teams. (facebook post in Norwegian).

Kvatningen says alot of stupid things. There are not many teams interested. Probably 2-3 teams at most (because of his age). He is staying in Dallas, he wont get better paid anywhere else

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I think we need to be a little realistic here. This will probably be his last contract, and as an unrestricted free agent he can control where he wants to play in the future. He will make himself available to the entire league, and that's of course something he should do.

And when it comes to reliable sources, can't be better than people who are in contact with Mats like this Norwegian journalist.

That being said, can't rule out that Nill will be able to sign him before July 1, if he comes up with an offer that Mats just can't resist.

Pucktrader

Dec 30, 2010
Beyond Hell
I think we need to be a little realistic here. This will probably be his last contract, and as an unrestricted free agent he can control where he wants to play in the future. He will make himself available to the entire league, and that's of course something he should do.

And when it comes to reliable sources, can't be better than people who are in contact with Mats like this Norwegian journalist.

That being said, can't rule out that Nill will be able to sign him before July 1, if he comes up with an offer that Mats just can't resist.
I dont think hes so much interested in money, something his two last contracts shows. He knows how its like in Dallas, other teams could be completely different stories, hes aware of that. I think if Nill comes up with a decent contract he'll go for it.

Last edited:

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Kvatningen says alot of stupid things. There are not many teams interested. Probably 2-3 teams at most (because of his age). He is staying in Dallas, he wont get better paid anywhere else
Maybe, but he is probably the one who has the most info concerning Zucc. According to him, Vancouver has shown serious interest.

Last edited:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Gotta wonder if, given the animosity between DAL and VAN, if they are putting in a bid just to screw with Dallas and jack up the price? A rebuilding team doesn't need a over 30 winger, do they really?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Gotta wonder if, given the animosity between DAL and VAN, if they are putting in a bid just to screw with Dallas and jack up the price? A rebuilding team doesn't need a over 30 winger, do they really?

Can't put in a bid before July 1, that's not allowed. Only the Stars can do that. But interested teams can call his agent to say they would like to do so when/if time comes. In the second half of June they are also allowed to interview pending UFAs.

I think Zucc's stocks went up after his good playoff run with the Stars, and despite a bad arm. His leadership skills and the way he helps the younger guys also makes him attractive to rebuilding teams. The Rangers may even regret trading him.

But now we'll see if Nill can sign him, or if he goes to free agency.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
I keep hearing 5 years at 6 million a year. That seems a bit high and I’m not sure it’s worth it at that point. I would rather Dallas take a run at the top guys and miss than go that high for Zucc. Love the guy but there is a limit. Skinner is about to get 9 million a year and that’s too high for him. It’s like it is over payment time.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
IMO for what Zucc brings to the table, the radulov-contract would be very fair.

might have the extra year when he could look off potentially, but that's about it

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’d rather go a bit higher on the yearly salary and try not to have that 5th year. At the end of the day I don’t want to overpay for anyone so if the ask is to high we should let Zucc walk. I hope they can reach a fair agreement though.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
$30 million over 5 years with a nmc. It will be something like this, and it's a fair deal for both him and the Stars. Nill basically said he doesn't care about the 2020 1st they will lose.

I'm not worried about a lack of production because of Zucc's age. He's like a fuel rod in a nuclear reactor, his energy level is off the scale.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Over 2 weeks since anyone has commented on this. Kinda surprised. Am I crazy thinking he's more likely to hit the free agency or has there been more news? I've read the last 5 pages of this thread and nothing sounds certain at all.

I keep hearing 5 years at 6 million a year. That seems a bit high and I’m not sure it’s worth it at that point. I would rather Dallas take a run at the top guys and miss than go that high for Zucc. Love the guy but there is a limit. Skinner is about to get 9 million a year and that’s too high for him. It’s like it is over payment time.

It is high, but there are so many players out there that are on much worse contracts, so I don't think it's far from unrealistic. Truth be told I wouldn't be surprised to see another team sign him for 7M per season.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Over 2 weeks since anyone has commented on this. Kinda surprised. Am I crazy thinking he's more likely to hit the free agency or has there been more news? I've read the last 5 pages of this thread and nothing sounds certain at all.

It is high, but there are so many players out there that are on much worse contracts, so I don't think it's far from unrealistic. Truth be told I wouldn't be surprised to see another team sign him for 7M per season.

Elliote Friedman reported recently they're discussing an extension right now and that there's mutual interest to extend, but that they must go through the process and there's no guarantee a deal gets done obviously so it'll be interesting. Personally I think he ends up hitting free agency. I have a bad feeling about it even though he claims he wants to re-sign and they want to re-sign him

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
You know Zuccarello is kind of special, he doesn't care about the money as a long as he has fun playing hockey. And he loved it in Dallas, it wouldn't surprise me if he accepts something like $4.5 mill x 4. His agent wouldn't like that though, I think he's pulling the strings right now.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
C’mom Nill, sign the man. He’s already shown, even though it was a short term, he fits. We finally had two lines that could score.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
After Skinner and Hayes deals, Zuch's agent needs to be at or over $6M. And, no reason he shouldn't get what Radulov got, is there? No way first number isn't at least a 5...….

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I think the problem is the no move clause that Zucc wants. But then the Stars could lose Hintz to Seattle + that 1st to NYR. Zucc could become very expensive to sign. The Stars basically have a choice here, so what should they do?

Zucc probably has better options elsewhere when it comes to $$, so he has no reason to lower his demands. I believe the NMC is very important to him, he doesn't want to go through this trade mess again.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Not sure how we could lose Hintz by signing Zucc. There are 7 forward spots to protect and only 3 of them are certain as of now.

All assuming Hintz maintains his level of play, as well.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Seguin
Benn
Radulov
Zucc
Hintz
Dickinson
...maybe gurianov or dellandrea?

Yeah an NMC would be no issue, but then they couldn’t give out one to a D for the next couple years.

I’m starting to get a little nervous about this. That Hayes contract probably pushed the price up. Hopefully Nill can still fit in Zucc and a D, but the FA defensemen are drying up. Stralman might be the best one on the market by free agency..

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Dickinson? Meh.

Faksa, probably. Dellandrea won’t need to be protected.

Reactions: Kuola

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Zuccarello will give us two scoring lines.

I know another top 4-damn is another thing this team needs but... our defense had trouble last season but it did well; a 19 year old rookie, Polak as a top 4, injuries on top of injuries, a rookie head coach, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad