Mats Zuccarello

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 116805

2 point game. .5 ppg now after 4 PO games. right on schedule

Green Blob*

How the **** did Torts only play him 11 minutes in game 3? HOW THE ****?

BUT Pyatt got 13 minutes!! The most useless player on the team gets 13 minutes but our best play maker gets 11 minutes.

Was a fan of torts, but honestly, he cannot coach.

Apr 10, 2012
How the **** did Torts only play him 11 minutes in game 3? HOW THE ****?

BUT Pyatt got 13 minutes!! The most useless player on the team gets 13 minutes but our best play maker gets 11 minutes.

Was a fan of torts, but honestly, he cannot coach.

this was a perimeter game. i hate him, but i don't blame torts for this one. it was the right move.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
played one po game two seasons ago, scoreless.

his total regular season ppg is .5, and so is is PO total

Ah, didn't realize you were talking career. I'd like a little more ice time for MZA, but he's definitely noticeable out there. Torts was sending a message about something in the 2nd that he didn't like, but I missed it, whatever it was.

Green Blob*

this was a perimeter game. i hate him, but i don't blame torts for this one. it was the right move.

Wouldn't that suit Zucc more then? Not that he doesn't get dirty when he has to, but a less physical game would definitely suit him over a overly physical game cause of his size.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
He made 2 huge contributions today that helped the team win the match. Especially the assist on the first goal is the reason why zucc deserves a new contract

Apr 10, 2012
Wouldn't that suit Zucc more then? Not that he doesn't get dirty when he has to, but a less physical game would definitely suit him over a overly physical game cause of his size.

i may be thinking of the wrong thing... basically the game was played on the boards

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
2 points in 3 games looks way better than 0 points in 3 games..

And he should have had 3 points. Assist on Moore´s goal in game one that probably was in.

His pass to Brassards goal was another pure class pass.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
The biggest error considering Zucc is not having him play +1min/PP. Not playing him over Richards on the PP is probably one of the most biased coaching strategies this season.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
sign the guy. must sign. If we don't sign him, we'll have to get another guy to fill the same roles.

SKS

Jan 17, 2011
San Francisco
I just watched the tape after having my own hockey game during the game, and didnt wanna come on here to see the score, so I am a bit late in my response.

One thing stands out to me. Torts does NOT trust Zucc one bit.
He is very good today (he has not been up to usual standard first two, but neither has rest of team) but he gets 11 min of icetime. You may claim this was not a game for Zucc, well how does he look great at every shift, creating things, being on ice for 3 out of 4 goals and nodding two assists then.

Sorry to say, but I do not believe Torts will ever trust Zucca or other great offensive minds and I am so sick of his "gut-feeling" it drives me nuts.

I would go so far as to say we would not win this game without Zuccarello.

I love this hobbit, and I am finally fed up with Torts.. I stood by him for a long time, but no more. Ironic that it would take a win to finally get me to reach my conclusion.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
The biggest error considering Zucc is not having him play +1min/PP. Not playing him over Richards on the PP is probably one of the most biased coaching strategies this season.

How long did it take them to realize Moore > Girardi on the PP? One day they'll catch up with the rest of us ;)

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
Think Zuke made a very good game under difficult circumstances. Yesterday morning he got a notice, though Norwegian media, that he is kicked out of the National team at the worlds (should Rangers exit in the 1st round) due to a sponsor deal he made, and it made him furious. Never heard him (or any other Norwegian international) speak more bluntly about the Norwegian Hockey Association before. He come out of two games below normal standards with declining minutes and people (Rosen among others) are once again questioning if he's got any business in the play offs, he's in the 2nd pp unit for third? game with Limited pp time, plays With Hags and Richards, at least the last one totally out of place and shape, and on top of that Torts clearly doesn't trust him, and even benches him for long stretches totalling TOI 11 minutes. Especially the 2-2 benching when he tried to block the shot and it snuck by him to deflect and roll by Hank must have felt brutal. He did what he was suppose to do, but it snuck by him and Torts had absolutely no patience with him and he didn't come back for the reminder of the 2nd. Didn't think he would be back in the third at all, but then he got a shift and things get going again, and the game winner comes. 2 assists, on the ice for 3 goals (he was for all practical reasons involved in TWO sucsessful PP as the last one just ended but player barely made it out of the door.) He never ceases to amaze me. Great game, and given the above, probably his most important performance for the Rangers, and for him self.:handclap:

Apr 10, 2012
didn't realize his pp time was so low... that's surprising and silly considering richards played 2 minutes more of pp time, but the guy didn't need to be on even strength in this game when we were up a goal.

think i'm just trying to make excuses for torts(even though i hate him), but idk lol didn't seem like a game he needed to play major minutes in. we were scoring

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
didn't realize his pp time was so low... that's surprising and silly considering richards played 2 minutes more of pp time, but the guy didn't need to be on even strength in this game when we were up a goal.

think i'm just trying to make excuses for torts(even though i hate him), but idk lol didn't seem like a game he needed to play major minutes in. we were scoring

That's a good point. When thinking about it, seems a bit like Torts have made up his mind that he will play 5v5 when they are chasing from behind. Played 21 minutes the 1st game, then plummeted to 13 or so at the scoreless tragedey, and then now he didn't play anything after the game winner. Fair enough, but at you kinda need to score when it's a tie too, illustrated by Hank's recent regulation time shut out.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Can't see the Rangers letting him go and it'd be stupid to do so. Players with his skill set is rare even more on this team, we simply need him. He's a player that seems to glue with everyone on this team. If he of some reason isn't here come to next season who will take his spot?

He's still young and have getting better since his first time here, especially physical aspects seems to be stronger, faster witch obviously is important for a small guy. Can he take another step in his game we'll have a brilliant player for a long time hopefully.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Think Zuke made a very good game under difficult circumstances. Yesterday morning he got a notice, though Norwegian media, that he is kicked out of the National team at the worlds (should Rangers exit in the 1st round) due to a sponsor deal he made, and it made him furious. Never heard him (or any other Norwegian international) speak more bluntly about the Norwegian Hockey Association before. He come out of two games below normal standards with declining minutes and people (Rosen among others) are once again questioning if he's got any business in the play offs, he's in the 2nd pp unit for third? game with Limited pp time, plays With Hags and Richards, at least the last one totally out of place and shape, and on top of that Torts clearly doesn't trust him, and even benches him for long stretches totalling TOI 11 minutes. Especially the 2-2 benching when he tried to block the shot and it snuck by him to deflect and roll by Hank must have felt brutal. He did what he was suppose to do, but it snuck by him and Torts had absolutely no patience with him and he didn't come back for the reminder of the 2nd. Didn't think he would be back in the third at all, but then he got a shift and things get going again, and the game winner comes. 2 assists, on the ice for 3 goals (he was for all practical reasons involved in TWO sucsessful PP as the last one just ended but player barely made it out of the door.) He never ceases to amaze me. Great game, and given the above, probably his most important performance for the Rangers, and for him self.:handclap:

Colour me intrigued, what did he say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad