Mats Zuccarello pt. II - Thanks for signing a contract edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't know what a player has to do. Busted his ***** for this team. Was the best forward last year. Plays good defense. Plays hard. Yeah let's play Glass. This organization is embarrassing itself with these ****ed up moves. EMBARRASSING. I'm glad I didn't spend a cent on tickets this year.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
**** that **** right off, Glen. You stupid SOB.

Zucc for Vermette will be a bust of a deal, just like Glass.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Seriously, which contending team trades its 2nd best winger, who wants to stay here, in the midst of arguably the most successful season they're having ever?

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
From the Twitter machine;

2/28/15 | 12:18PM: The Rangers are “actively†shopping Zuccarello after contract talks broke down. (Brooks)

12:13PM: Zuccarello says that he has no reaction to the rumors and that he has a game to play tonight. (Zipay)

12:08PM: The Rangers are listening on Zuccarello (Dreger)

It will take a win-win deal to move Zuccarello. (Weekes)

11:38AM: Kevin Weekes says that he has been told today that the Rangers are open to moving Zuccarello as the talks on a contract are going above what NYR want to pay. (Weekes)

jskramer83

Nov 11, 2011
I'm sure Zucc will take 4 or 5 years @ 4,5 or 4,6, get it done Mr. Cigar, get it done now.

Do we really want a 30,31,32 year old Mats Zuccarello with at 4.5 Cap hit on this team? I could think of many other risks I would rather take over that time period.

Right now this is the most production you are likely to get with him, his production will likely only decrease after next season. are you all going to be happy with that when he turns 30, and becomes and untradeable asset at 4.5 mill? No problem selling while his value is high

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I don't know what a player has to do. Busted his ***** for this team. Was the best forward last year. Plays good defense. Plays hard. Yeah let's play Glass. This organization is embarrassing itself with these ****ed up moves. EMBARRASSING. I'm glad I didn't spend a cent on tickets this year.

Yeah really embarrassing being at the top of the division.

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
Do we really want a 30,31,32 year old Mats Zuccarello with at 4.5 Cap hit on this team? I could think of many other risks I would rather take over that time period

We seem content with a Girardi who is getting older. Not that I think he's bad, I don't think he's worth his contract.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Do we really want a 30,31,32 year old Mats Zuccarello with at 4.5 Cap hit on this team? I could think of many other risks I would rather take over that time period

I guarantee you he can be moved with a cap hit of 4.5 @ 30-32 years old.

Unless he asks for a NMC I dont understand the issue here

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon

Are you really going to bring this point up, when we have Hank signed at 8mil until he's 41?

A 31-32 year old Zucc is still legit, easily.

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
I'm going to keep emotions in check and see how things play out. What's sad is that based on the crap that the franchise has pulled before, I could very much see this trade happening.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Pat Leonard spoke briefly with zuke;

Zuccarello: "I've got a game today. Nothing I can do. It's out of my control." Wants to stay a Ranger, nothing has changed there.18:08 – 28. feb 2015

- I don't like the "out of my control" line at all.

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
http://nypost.com/2015/02/28/rangers-stunner-zuccarello-on-the-trading-block/

It is believed the Rangers have offered Zuccarello a five- or six-year deal worth $4.5 Million per, while the winger is seeking well in excess of $5M per, perhaps up to $5.5M. Zuccarello may be able to clear the $5M bar as an unrestricted free agent — or may be able to get the equivalent from a team in a no-tax state, such as Florida — but it is clear he is not going to get that to remain in New York.

jskramer83

Nov 11, 2011
We seem content with a Girardi who is getting older. Not that I think he's bad, I don't think he's worth his contract.

Agree, I feel the same way about zucc. He is a good player, and I think he will get a 5 yr 4.5 - 5.5 mill per year contract somewhere, I just don't want it here. Would rather have a player with a higher potential ceiling playing.

With that said I am only trading him if the trade helps us both this year and the future, otherwise just keep him and part ways at the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia