Mats Zuccarello pt. II - Thanks for signing a contract edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Wow I hate to read that. Will be a big big mistake. I don't see how they can possibly turn him into an equal player with term, which would be the only return that makes any sense at all. Otherwise just use him as a rental.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Give the Sather bashing a break. He's assembled an excellent team right now. I'll blame him for a dumb trade when he makes it.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Would you move him for JVR if they take Glass? That's like... the only trade they could make that wouldn't infuriate me.

SKS

Jan 17, 2011
San Francisco
Well, Zucc has caved on demands twice. It would make sense to play hardball with him to get him to cave again.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Give the Sather bashing a break. He's assembled an excellent team right now. I'll blame him for a dumb trade when he makes it.

Yeah, seriously. People need to stop reacting so strongly to the possibility of something happening and wait for something to actually happen.

One of the things I despise about this time of year.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Ugh ****, I don't see Zucc performing well outside of the Big Apple. This place gave him strenght and he thrived under it.

Worst part if true, our PP will turn into wet potato mash. Brassgod will have to find new chemistry too.

On the other side, we get rid of a small - granted fearless - body about to be probably payed too much.

Zucc can be streaky, but when hot he is hot. His two-way game is solid.

I'd certainly rather keep him, than deal him atm. But again 4.5 resign is optimal, not a deal atm.

Am I too worried about chemistry? I think Zucc is essential to the teams heart. Specially since he was brought up in the swedish leagues and he sure is cool with our other swedes.

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
I will blow a gasket if he's not resigned.

****ing ridiculous.

Sign Boyle to a 2 year deal and Glass to a 3 year deal to make resigning Zucc and/or Hagelin/MSL IMPOSSIBLE to sign?

****ing Sather.

im mad too.. signing glass was idiotic, but at the time he signed these guys, the cap was expected to be in the 72-73 million range, now we're looking at the same number as this year.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
At a wild guess both parties have to go $500k in each direction and its probably done ? But yeah lets trade him.

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
And this is why as an employee or player you never help the team when it comes to $. Zucc has helped the team out on several occasions only to have his employer possibly screw him.

There is a life lesson here people

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Not the kind of "news" I was looking for...

Tonight could be his final game as a Ranger...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he's not listening to money crab agents...

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
The only thing giving me a slight bit of hope is that the only people saying anything about this today are Strang, Leonard and Zipay. And god knows we know first hand how slow and unreliable they can be.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
The only thing giving me a slight bit of hope is that the only people saying anything about this today are Strang, Leonard and Zipay. And god knows we know first hand how slow and unreliable they can be.

There also already backpeddaling. Now it's "well, they're seeing what's out there for a return." Duh. I assumed they'd been doing that for every player forever.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY

Dreger also reported it but he probably got it from Strang. really hope there isn't a whole lot of truth to this. losing Zuccs would murder the chemistry on this team. Nevermind the fact that the fans would be at Sathers' house with pitch forks and torches

apoptygma

2-5-9-11
Apr 9, 2011
He played with Malkin during the lockout. Seen them talk before face-offs when we play Pens. He would fit great with Pens :cry:

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
I'm pretty sure the redden signing was the biggest mistake

I would say Drury. We were able to bury Redden in the minors, whereas we had to bite the bullet in buying out Drury. Though, we did have some semblance of success with Drury.

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
Even if he's not producing offensively, Zucc is that guy you always expect to make a key breakup in the defensive zone and he always seems to be the guy who finds space for himself to get control of the puck and settle everything down. He supplies some of those big intangibles.

Tell me we're not going to salary wars when our top 3 lines look set for the playoffs. If he or someone like Hagelin is moved and Glass stays on the roster, I'll be incensed. That's the kind of decision that makes me think twice about buying tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad