Player Discussion Mats Zuccarello Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
Aside for Kopitar, he is the second best forward on that roster though. Even if i take off my rose tinted glasses, I can't argue that any of the others are better than him - maybe Hossa, but he isn't the player he was two years ago - even if he's still a very good player.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
He already has plenty of value to the team he has led in points in 2 of the last 3 seasons while averaging only around 3 mill a year in salary in those 3 seasons.

And to think people still want to trade him. Not easy to find someone making 4.5 mil and putting up 60 points. Got to think a guy like him would command about 6.0 mil on the market these days. Instead of trading this guy when he is at his peak, we should thank the Lord that we have him at what can only be considered a bargain.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
And to think people still want to trade him. Not easy to find someone making 4.5 mil and putting up 60 points. Got to think a guy like him would command about 6.0 mil on the market these days. Instead of trading this guy when he is at his peak, we should thank the Lord that we have him at what can only be considered a bargain.

You better stop speaking so logically. This is HockeyFutures.com. Please see the rules. :D

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Forget value. Why can't they just keep him?
I want him to retire as a Ranger. Sure it is a business and all but he's a very good player, loves the team, keep repeating "living the dream" and all. Sure he will get a fairly rich contract in three years but the guy has also taken a home town discount in his last two, would it be the end of the world paying him market value? Hell no. He isn't the type of guy who wants to cash in every dollar he possibly can.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Forget value. Why can't they just keep him?

because many of us are convinced the team wont be a SC contender for 3-5 more years even if things work out perfectly....if thats the case, MZA, and Henrik will both be outside their primes...which would make it a cyclical problem of key guys being outside their primes.....build the team now, as a whole, and let them mature as a whole.

thats my thoughts anyway

anofsti

May 14, 2011
Zuccarello with two assists in the last training match against the Young Guns (Still lost by a mile).

Those Team Europe jerseys are really ugly though.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Swedish newspapers had Zucc as the "big profile of the match".

His goal and assist from the Europe - Czech Republic game (Czech commentary i imagine ?) :

2-1 Goal :

Assist on Dreisatl's overtime winner :

For the life of me i cannot remember how to collapse the videos, i must be going senile :) (thought it was
, apparently not).

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

Great link. Thank you for posting it. I grew up playing hockey. I was always able to watch the Rangers on TV. I was always able to get equipment at all our local stores and pro shops. I did not realize how little hockey there is in Norway. I assumed it was like Sweden before reading this article. Zooks story must be a real inspiration to other people that love hockey in Norway.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Aside for Kopitar, he is the second best forward on that roster though. Even if i take off my rose tinted glasses, I can't argue that any of the others are better than him - maybe Hossa, but he isn't the player he was two years ago - even if he's still a very good player.

Hossa isnt close to Zucc. Hossa was an unreal player but he is past his prime... Not that good anymore. Could really see it last season that Hossa was declining pretty badly.

Kopitar, Josi and Zuccarello(in that order) are the 3 best players on Team Europe imo.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Hossa isnt close to Zucc. Hossa was an unreal player but he is past his prime... Not that good anymore. Could really see it last season that Hossa was declining pretty badly.

Kopitar, Josi and Zuccarello(in that order) are the 3 best players on Team Europe imo.

I think you left off a huge player for the future that should be included among the top for Europe's team. He plays for the Oilers and his name starts with a D.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I think Zuci get third line minutes @Nickyfotiu, but he still he has 3 pts, mainly based on own performance - so he will be well rested before the training camp. :)
Kopi play with Hossa on the first line - I don`t think Hossa have declined that much, of course, he is not the same player he once was, but still Hossa is a very dangerous 2-way player. ))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad