Player Discussion Mats Zuccarello Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Hope he doesn't Get injured or burned out playing in 3 tournaments before the next season starts..

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Ready for Team Norway!

uYb_Sfw1xGJ1YnOt-DsxxgydzO7JwcYvoUWusScfHo7w

Up against Denmark today.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yeah it`s on Max, but don`t know if any US/Canadian TV`s are sending the match - more likely! :)

Heia Norge! ))

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Yeah it`s on Max, but don`t know if any US/Canadian TV`s are sending the match - more likely! :)

Heia Norge! ))

TSN said they were broadcasting every game across their channels, so there's that. I don't know if NBCSN is going to do the same.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Doesnt look like its going to be on NBCSN or NHLN for any of the games today. Very disappointing and a miss on the NHLs part in their contracts with the TV networks.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Zucc´s first world championship for Norway in many years didn´t help.... Crushed by Denmark 0-3....

anofsti

May 14, 2011
"Crushed"

They had 44 sog, while Denmark only had 25, and one of the goals was an ENG.

It was a painful loss though, and made the chances for the quarter finals much more difficult

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
"Crushed"

They had 44 sog, while Denmark only had 25, and one of the goals was an ENG.

It was a painful loss though, and made the chances for the quarter finals much more difficult

I think it`s too much focus on it in media - so it`s hard for the team to take 1 game at the time and possible unnecessary pressure on players to perform on the ice.
It was unluck, and most shots bounce on the goalie stick or the iron - and most experienced fans knows that goals change the game somewhat.
But I doubt Zuci was happy with his own performance concerning finishing today.
Let`s hope they bounce back with a better performance tomorrow! :)

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Cool. So Zucc will be burnt before the season even starts.

I doubt that, next season starts in october - and a lot of time to recover after the championships.
Derick Brassard plays for Canada in the same tournament.
Brady Skjei for USA.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I doubt that, next season starts in october - and a lot of time to recover after the championships.
Derick Brassard plays for Canada in the same tournament.
Brady Skjei for USA.

Isn't also playing in the World Cup? And I thought something else as well...?

anofsti

May 14, 2011
I think it`s too much focus on it in media - so it`s hard for the team to take 1 game at the time and possible unnecessary pressure on players to perform on the ice.
It was unluck, and most shots bounce on the goalie stick or the iron - and most experienced fans knows that goals change the game somewhat.
But I doubt Zuci was happy with his own performance concerning finishing today.
Let`s hope they bounce back with a better performance tomorrow! :)

Eh, they were clearly the better team and dominated so the media pressure can't have been that bad. It just sucks that each of these games are so important. If those two big chances in the first had gone in they would have won it. Team Norway have had quite a few undeserved wins in the last five years, and now we had an undeserved loss for once

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Eh, they were clearly the better team and dominated so the media pressure can't have been that bad. It just sucks that each of these games are so important. If those two big chances in the first had gone in they would have won it. Team Norway have had quite a few undeserved wins in the last five years, and now we had an undeserved loss for once

Yes, you have some good points - and goals are important in hockey, m8. :)

anofsti

May 14, 2011
I'm trying to stay positive here!

(Obviously you can't write all caps on HFboards)

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I feel that Zuci is still mia - I hope he prove me wrong this evening.
He is on the same line as Anders Bastiansen & Andreas Martinsen, but hard to create chemistry when the other players are so slow in comparison with and without the puck.
Hopefully they create enough room with their physical play - so they can produce and let`s hope Zuci can finish, because he has struggled a little since the last playoffs matches earlier this year.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Zucc has been a huge disappointment in the tournament. 1 goal (emtpy net goal) and 1 assist in 6 games. Brassard has 9 points in 6 games.......

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Zucc has been a huge disappointment in the tournament. 1 goal (emtpy net goal) and 1 assist in 6 games. Brassard has 9 points in 6 games.......

Hard to compare. Brass was playing with guys like Taylor Hall and Corey Perry. Besides they are not in competition with each other.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

His team, collectively, is nowhere near the big guns in the tournament - Canada, U.S., Sweden, etc... Hard to judge him, much less call it a "huge disappointment", considering the level of his team vs. the other teams.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015

He is playing with a nhl fourth line grinder in Martinsen and an old Bastiansen who is way past him prime and plays in the norwegian league. Its like playing Zucc with Glass and a bad ahl player. Brass plays with first line players in the nhl.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
yeah, it`s a difference for sure, but Zucc is probably not satisfied - his finishing ain`t there at all compare to regular season.
I don`t understand though - how him and rest of the Rangers team miss with form that much in end of the season with playoffs. They all look gassed - and the coaching staff need to take some of the blame that most players were missing in action.
I mean Zucc is barely a shadow of himself in championships and u can`t blame other players for his finishing - I hope he say no to World cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad