Confirmed with Link: Mathias Brome to Detroit

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I wonder if maybe he'll get to play on the PP today because of Fabbri being out.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
No PP but, he went to penalty kill for 0:22.
That actually makes sense since Helm, Flip, and possibly LGD won't be with the team next season. We'll need him as a PKer.

Certainly makes more sense than Mantha killing penalties.... I said it would impact his ES play. We need Mantha expending his energy on creating offense, not doing PK.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
That actually makes sense since Helm, Flip, and possibly LGD won't be with the team next season. We'll need him as a PKer.

Certainly makes more sense than Mantha killing penalties.... I said it would impact his ES play. We need Mantha expending his energy on creating offense, not doing PK.
Ideally in the future, our skilled 2-way Top 6 doesn't PK at all. While our semi-skilled, 2-way 3L does + a few physical 4th liners with defensive acumen.

I always hated when Brett Hull was on the PK, it was just so odd, but who am I to question Scotty, he has more cup rings than I do. :laugh: I'm sure Larionov took some PK shifts once in a bluemoon as needed, but I don't recall him being a PK regular at all. He's another that, as smart & positionally sound as he was, was too important to our attack to have out there blocking shots etc.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Brome better step his game up while guys are out.
Right now his advanced stats look pretty awful.
To be honest, there's only one play that stands out I can immediately recall. Wins board battle, steps out front and whistles a shot off the bar.
For a bigger, older rookie, he seems a little weak on his skates.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Hope he would start to produce, or he will be just another Christoffer Ehn in the mix.
He's already shown more puck skills than Ehn did in 114 games, and he's stuck playing with players with no offense. Not to mention he's played 3 NHL games....

Quite frankly, the Red WIngs scoring has been all Ryan and Larkin. No secondary scoring at all, and that needs to change. The big issue is Blashill's "system" which apparently has no transition.

Reactions: avssuc

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I have felt Brome has looked good and past the eye test for the most part. Seems to battle hard and have good speed. I understand asking for some offence but he has basically been used with our 3rd and 4th line plugs so im not sure how much production we could really expect. His time on ice has gone up every game which shows he is earning trust of the coaches which should eventually translate into some offensive opportunities. In game 1 he was sent out as the extra attacker with the Larkin line while the goalie is pulled. If he keeps it up I except he will see more and more opportunities.

WinginVirginia

Jan 19, 2021
hopefully when we see Helm get into the lineup (and Fabbri returns to the second line) ......we can see a 3rd line of: Brome-Rasmussen-Namestinov 4th: Helm-Glendening-Erne

Filpula simply looks weak on the puck and it’s time to play Ras and see what he can bring (as well as contribute on the second Pp)

Brome would benefit greatly in this lineup with a versatile playmaker and a net front guy

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
hopefully when we see Helm get into the lineup (and Fabbri returns to the second line) ......we can see a 3rd line of: Brome-Rasmussen-Namestinov 4th: Helm-Glendening-Erne

Filpula simply looks weak on the puck and it’s time to play Ras and see what he can bring (as well as contribute on the second Pp)

Brome would benefit greatly in this lineup with a versatile playmaker and a net front guy

Brome himself has playmaker in him. He'll need a scorer and netfront. Would be interesting to see him with Ras and Zadina.

Bert - Lark - Mantha
Fabbri - Flip - Ryan
Brome - Ras - Zadina

This would look balanced and deepest possible offensive lines.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Brome himself has playmaker in him. He'll need a scorer and netfront. Would be interesting to see him with Ras and Zadina.

Bert - Lark - Mantha
Fabbri - Flip - Ryan
Brome - Ras - Zadina

Flip does not belong on the second line in any capacity, I would honestly play LGD over him at this point. Plus I think Zadina will learn a lot from Ryan. The old man knows how to score.

Reactions: avssuc

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
The 3rd line last night looked pretty decent.

Bertuzzi - Glendening - Brome

I was happy with their cycle and corner game. They were pretty tenacious in all 3 zones. I'd like to keep that together for a few games to see them get some chemistry together.

Now if only we could get someone like Givani Smith on the 4th line regularly we could have a pretty scrappy bottom 6 that makes life for the opponents tough.

Erne - Helm - Smith

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
The 3rd line last night looked pretty decent.

Bertuzzi - Glendening - Brome

I was happy with their cycle and corner game. They were pretty tenacious in all 3 zones. I'd like to keep that together for a few games to see them get some chemistry together.

Now if only we could get someone like Givani Smith on the 4th line regularly we could have a pretty scrappy bottom 6 that makes life for the opponents tough.

Erne - Helm - Smith

Yes please

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Bromé looks like a man on a mission. I hope for his confidence that he can get a goal and rocket to the 3rd line, where there's actually - some - offence.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

Bert - Lark - Mantha
Fabbri - Flip - Ryan
Brome - Ras - Zadina

Nah, I like us splitting things up

Ryan-Larkin-Zadina
Mantha-Rasmuesson-Namistikov
Bert-Fabbri-Brome
Glendenning-Helm-Gagner/Fil

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Brome better step his game up while guys are out.
Right now his advanced stats look pretty awful.
To be honest, there's only one play that stands out I can immediately recall. Wins board battle, steps out front and whistles a shot off the bar.
For a bigger, older rookie, he seems a little weak on his skates.

Watch the games instead of only the advanced stats. Brome has been good, my dude.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad