Confirmed with Link: Mathias Brome to Detroit

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He'd have looked good on any team and on any line. The dude worked his ass off out there and had a couple shifts where he looked incredibly dangerous.

This is definitely good, that hard worker comes and overlaps some lazy asses.

Yzerman + swedish pro/amateur scouts are doing phenomenal job.

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017
This is definitely good, that hard worker comes and overlaps some lazy asses.

Yzerman + swedish pro/amateur scouts are doing phenomenal job.

Curious who you saw as the lazy asses. I don't get the games on TV so I just listen to Ken and Paul. One player's name I didn't hear much on the broadcast was Zadina except for the 1 decent PP we had.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Curious who you saw as the lazy asses. I don't get the games on TV so I just listen to Ken and Paul. One player's name I didn't hear much on the broadcast was Zadina except for the 1 decent PP we had.

Just in general those "lazy asses".

Someone comes in and works hard. Gets rewarded, and looks good. That creates competitive culture, and others have to start working harder, or you lose your job.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

The reason you didn't hear Zadina's name is because his line never possessed the puck thanks to play of Robby Fabbri getting absolutely bent over at the center position.

Reactions: Gniwder

ShippinItDaily

Apr 28, 2004
Saskatoon
The reason you didn't hear Zadina's name is because his line never possessed the puck thanks to play of Robby Fabbri getting absolutely bent over at the center position.

Their posession #'s were dreadfull last night. All under 27% Corsi at 5v5. Namestnikov himself was 15%!

Last edited:

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
In Larkin's 1st year @ center (sophomore slump campaign iirc), did he look like a 2C? 3C? or a low end 2W trying to make it work @ C? Now Fabbri has less talent & speed than Larkin + a worse roster & arguably worse linemates who he's also not used to playing with (time to form chemistry). All these factor in. If you think they're gonna pull the plug on Fabbri as a 2C after a few games, or even 10-20gp, you may wanna consider other perspectives. We have the perfect season to experiment with it. It either works, or it doesn't, but maybe he'll manage a 3C/2W career out of it and/or inflate trade value, and/or inadvertently help our "tank". Or maybe after 56gp, he's a lowend (50pt.pace/82gp /avg. defensively) stopgap 2C.

We know that Namestnikov isn't a 2C solution.
Veleno may or may not be, certainly isn't one today. Ras may not even be a future 3C.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
We know that Namestnikov isn't a 2C solution.
Veleno may or may not be, certainly isn't one today. Ras may not even be a future 3C.

At this point, It really is Rasmussen, who would fit best between Fabbri and Zadina.

It's not Fabbri, not Namestnikov, not Filppula, not Nielsen, not Glendening, not Pearson, not Turgeon. Helm doesn't even play center anymore. All the rest are wingers.

So it's Rasmussen.

Same kind of line, as Tatar-Sheahan-Nyquist was. Maybe not enough to be a 2nd line, but we don't have enough players to build a legit 2nd line.

1st-3rd-3rd-4th is the maximum until better talent comes, and more development will happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShippinItDaily

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I noticed that at least 1 time last night, since Bertuzzi was on the PK and therefore the 1st line got temporarily broken up, Brome got Bertuzzi's place with Larkin and Mantha. Seems like a good sign that the coaches have high hopes for him and he's not just clinging on to a roster spot

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I noticed that at least 1 time last night, since Bertuzzi was on the PK and therefore the 1st line got temporarily broken up, Brome got Bertuzzi's place with Larkin and Mantha. Seems like a good sign that the coaches have high hopes for him and he's not just clinging on to a roster spot

They also used him as the extra skater with Larkin's line while the goalie was pulled at the end of the game.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Helm doesn't even play center anymore.
He still plays the game like a center defensively, and it's almost guaranteed he'll do better on faceoffs than Fabbri (lol). He's 80/166 on FO the last 3 seasons, 51% on his career. Plus it would increase his trade value considerably if he played center this season and he can't be any worse than Flip or Fabbri.

Not sure if Raz is ready yet, wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of players got a chance at that 2C spot.... Vlad, Flip, LGD, and of course Nielsen (ugh). That 2C spot is definitely looking like a huge hole at the moment.

Seems like a good sign that the coaches have high hopes for him and he's not just clinging on to a roster spot
He's definitely not just clinging... if he continues to play like this we'll see him again for at least one more season, he's RFA when the season is done and he's also exempt from the expansion draft.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
It's already been said it's going to be Frans
Where? Gotta link? I want to see it in writing before I get excited about it, lol.

It probably means Brome gets bumped down to the 4th line, but that might work to his advantage since he'll be playing against easier opponents, plus LGD can win faceoffs unlike the other centers.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Where? Gotta link? I want to see it in writing before I get excited about it, lol.

It probably means Brome gets bumped down to the 4th line, but that might work to his advantage since he'll be playing against easier opponents, plus LGD can win faceoffs unlike the other centers.
Well the reporters said more than likely it's going to be Frans lol

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Well the reporters said more than likely it's going to be Frans lol
Yeah, I just saw that on the pregame thread.

If Vlad and Flip are playing on the third line, I would just as soon have Brome play on the 4th.
Brome-LGD-Erne

If Erne plays like he did in the first game, that'll actually be one of the better 4th line in the league, so the team would at least have one line that can compete, lol.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Yeah, I just saw that on the pregame thread.

If Vlad and Flip are playing on the third line, I would just as soon have Brome play on the 4th.
Brome-LGD-Erne

If Erne plays like he did in the first game, that'll actually be one of the better 4th line in the league, so the team would at least have one line that can compete, lol.

If Big Ern plays like he did last game all year, he might be worth keeping around.

But that's a big "if."

Reactions: avssuc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->