Player Discussion: Mathew Barzal

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Honestly, I’m not expecting him to have three five point games next season

scott99

May 13, 2005
I would guess he would have 20 goals, 50-60 assists and play better defensively and do better at faceoffs. That would be a very successful 2nd season.

Reactions: puckbunnygirl

scott99

May 13, 2005
Beauvillier will score 40 if he plays consistently with him.
I would guess he will score 30 THIS year if he plays a full season with Barzal. Beauvillier has had a nice steady increase from 9 goals, to 21 to ?? Not sure if he's a 40 goal player, but anything is possible.

Axe Man

Sponsor
Jul 31, 2009
Nearby
I predict he has 20 five point games and doesn’t register a single point in any other game.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Guys, we managed to kill the terrible Barzal thread on the main board:laugh:. TIMBITS FOR EVERYONE!!!

That was a freaking troll thread anyway, started by a wannabe Mulletman. So idiocy added on top of idiocy, filled with insecurity. Dumbass Laff fans falling over themselves because they're massively butt hurt that Barzal is a stud and we got him with a 2nd half 1st. They can go f*** themselves.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I expect him to go on a drought like that, yes.

I assume you don't expect him to have any three point games either though?

Even if you replace those games with:

4 points
2 points
1 point

That's still 77 points. Let's pretend that you take 10 points away from a more defensive system Trotz will implement, defenses key in on him more, and for some odd reason he gets less ice time and less offensive zone starts.

That's a 67 point season if you go worst case scenario and some of those examples I listed don't even make any sense. It makes almost as much sense as criticizing Barzal for taking over games and putting up 5 points in some games. I didn't see any of us taking away points from the newlywed during his tenure here.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Guys, we managed to kill the terrible Barzal thread on the main board:laugh:. TIMBITS FOR EVERYONE!!!
That was a freaking troll thread anyway, started by a wannabe Mulletman. So idiocy added on top of idiocy, filled with insecurity. Dumbass Laff fans falling over themselves because they're massively butt hurt that Barzal is a stud and we got him with a 2nd half 1st. They can go **** themselves.
It was a bloodbath for Team Barzal. Well done all!

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Worse jury management: Angela & Brett or Tavares to Islander fans?

Tavares is more like Paul from last season. Promises everyone final 3, swearing up and down on everything he's with them to the end, then spits on their loyalty by betraying them in the end.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Tavares is more like Paul from last season. Promises everyone final 3, swearing up and down on everything he's with them to the end, then spits on their loyalty by betraying them in the end.

So instead of owning up to his scumminess in F2/post-signing interviews, he instead keeps playing this phony "I tried to do what was best for everyone you can't be mad at me!" character that just makes everyone hate him more?

I'll allow it.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
So instead of owning up to his scumminess in F2/post-signing interviews, he instead keeps playing this phony "I tried to do what was best for everyone you can't be mad at me!" character that just makes everyone hate him more?

I'll allow it.

So in the end the scumbag goes to the place with the biggest piece of shit fan base.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Thread on the main forums right now "wacky NHL predictions". First post is a Leaf fan saying Barzal only scores 64 points. Ranger fan says Barzal has a disappointing season and "everyone forgets he exists".

I say I predict Matthews to regress by 21 points and score 42.

Of these three, take a wild guess which 2 the mods are perfectly okay with and which they felt the need to delete. Go ahead, guess.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Thread on the main forums right now "wacky NHL predictions". First post is a Leaf fan saying Barzal only scores 64 points. Ranger fan says Barzal has a disappointing season and "everyone forgets he exists".

Of these three, take a wild guess which 2 the mods are perfectly okay with and which they felt the need to delete. Go ahead, guess.
I am not unsympathetic to your point because the OP in that thread was clearly trying to bait people with the Barzal thing. However your follow up post in the thread after your post was pulled was a very bad idea because it is going to be pulled and there's a good chance you will get handed an infraction.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

That OP is the biggest butt hurt poster I've ever seen. He is so salty that Barzal is better than his precious Marner that he is perpetually triggered. Pathetic.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina

I am not unsympathetic to your point because the OP in that thread was clearly trying to bait people with the Barzal thing. However your follow up post in the thread after your post was pulled was a very bad idea because it is going to be pulled and there's a good chance you will get handed an infraction.

That OP is the biggest butt hurt poster I've ever seen. He is so salty that Barzal is better than his precious Marner that he is perpetually triggered. Pathetic.

Let's get something straight here CodE. Were you wrong in your post? Possibly, but as a mod (future) that thread should've been closed either way before you or the Rags fan had a chance to make their posts showing their lack of intelligence.

To be quite honest this has taken long enough. Sal, I'm taking a drive down to Florida about this mod spot.

**Also, just on a sidenote I do not know why all of you go to the main boards, you just know those idiot fans while they may be small also have a very loud voice and just make the boards look bad. I just stay here on the Isles board because the level of intelligent conversation here is higher than any other part of the board in my opinion. I do like reading some of the "History of Hockey" posts as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad