Post-Game Talk: Matheson and Reimer special lead to 3rd period choke job

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I still believe in Matheson and that he will turn it around!

Although at the time of the contract I did say it was too much too soon, and they hadn't learned from the Ekblad contract situation.

Reactions: harv33173

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Ohh yeah gotta add that they are 0-18-3 against the rest of the league when trailing after 2...

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
I would love it. Matheson would be Edmonton's problem for 6 years while Petro would be out looking for a job.

Hmm that's true, I'd actually make that trade now that you put it that way.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
So I would assume a goalie is coming sooner than later?
Most likely in the offseason yes. Boog
Has called it out numerous times. George Richards said on an interview that the feeling around the team is with better goaltending they would be in playoff spot. And because of that boog is not really on hot seat. Of course it
Could change by end of year

Reactions: Multigrain

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Because he did look decent at one point in his career.

But now it's basically two seasons of terrible mistakes and complete mental break downs. Tallon knows when players are not performing and he doesn't shy away from trading them (i.e Booth and others).

I just hope anyone is dumb enough to take that contract. I don't even care if Matheson excels elsewhere (he won't), because as of right now it's addition by subtraction with him.

But please, nobody cry about Matheson potentially getting moved, much like others cried about "losing" Petrovic, Petro is well on his way to being out of an NHL job even in Edmonton within the calendar year. Go peep his stats on hockey-reference, his -12.1 FF% speaks volumes.
No one cried about Petro. Also everyone here
Wanted ekblad gone but his contract is untradeable. Lmao. Same shit from same people
That just lose their shit cause of anger. Matheson would be scooped up in a second if made available and is easily our 3rd best d by a wide margin

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Forgot to mention last night that Pietrangelo and Bouw looked good (besides that penalty he took, which maybe shouldn't have happened cause we might have been offsides).

-ghoste

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Reimer should be playing a lot of the remaining games. If he plays well, maybe another team is dumb enough to take him and his salary without Florida giving assets back. If he plays badly like he always does, Florida gets a high pick in the draft. Luongo sits on the bench and doesn't injure himself. Montembeault should also tested in the NHL and if he does badly he'll go back to the minors quick and Panthers get even higher pick. Win-win-win-win.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
And just when I was going post about wanting to see Borg start getting some points (I know he's been doing the little things), he scored his goal. Nice!

-ghoste

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Completely wrong. His defensive game has been great, playing big minutes against the opponents best. He’s always a top goal scorer among D. He’s so far from a bust.

Yeah, I've been a harsh critic of Ekblad's over the years. But he's overall having a good season. Started off slow, but got into a good groove. Just wish he would get faster!

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Yeah, I've been a harsh critic of Ekblad's over the years. But he's overall having a good season. Started off slow, but got into a good groove. Just wish he would get faster!

He reminds me of Jason Kidd at age 38. He was definitely much slower and not as quick anymore. But since his brain was otherwordly, he was able to defend Kobe, Durant, Lebron, Wade, etc.

Ekblad's brain is outstanding and is making up for his legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad