Mat Barzal WILL take a huge step back next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
The issue is that there are 31 franchises in the NHL. None of the other 29 seem to care about how Barzal WILL take a huge step back next season, apart from a small handful of salty Ranger/Devil/Bruin fans.

The two that do seem to care are the literally hundreds of Leaf fans coming into this thread to talk about how badly he'll regress, and the Islander fans saying maybe go talk about Toronto things instead of obsessing over exactly how much of a rude awakening Barzal is in for next season.

How badly are the 'hundreds' of leafs fans saying he'll regress.

I don't see ANY FAN bashing Barzal, really. Some have suggested that he'll have a hard time to match last years total, but that isn't bashing the kid...

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

I don't see ANY FAN bashing Barzal, really. Some have suggested that he'll have a hard time to match last years total, but that isn't bashing the kid...

I fail to see any of it either.

Matthews seems to be the collectively favorite comparable for every young center in the league and his name has been injected into this thread by several NON-Leafs fans, and subsequently the Leafs fans respond to it.

That's all I'm seeing, This entire idea that the Leafs invade threads about other young centers to spam Matthews is a 100% fabricated narrative.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

Eh there's been some dodgy posts about wanting Barzal to fail to stick it to the Islanders. It's a minority but they are there, most just get nuked..

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I fail to see any of it either.

Matthews seems to be the collectively favorite comparable for every young center in the league and his name has been injected into this thread by several NON-Leafs fans, and subsequently the Leafs fans respond to it.

That's all I'm seeing, This entire idea that the Leafs invade threads about other young centers to spam Matthews is a 100% fabricated narrative.

We gotta find a way to stop being the easiest fan base to troll. It's just too easy to get 15 pages by making it about or related to the Leafs.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I don’t know why people need to bring up Matthews in a barzal thread.

Not a single team in the nhl would take barzal over Matthews, just focus on Barzal’s season next year.

"This entire idea that the Leafs invade threads about other young centers to spam Matthews is a 100% fabricated narrative."

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
That is a fair statement. My best friend in Brewster is actually a Toronto native and a huge Leafs fan. I've gone to several games with him and used my experience credits from being a near decade long Isles STH to get him tickets to game. The problem is that all the *******s draw the attention to themselves and make everyone look horrible (eg: people online talking about "invading" Barclays on 2/28).

I used to live in Montreal and went to a Leafs Montreal game at the Bell Center with a girl from England. She found our chirping quaint and told us about the insanity of sitting in the wrong section at contentious football matches. In general I find most hockey fans are good sports even when visiting other arenas, well as long as they aren't too hammered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad