Online Series: Masters Of The Universe: Revelation by Kevin Smith

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Kevin Smith’s repeated lying about the leaked plot and subsequent shit talking of angry fans is one of the worst things I’ve seen from a creative voice in Hollywood. Don’t tell people to grow up, you cry at comic book movies and named your daughter after a Batman villain. Pathetic.

He didn't lie. He's been talking about the whole season all along. Stupid idiots thought the first 5 episodes is the season.

Also, congrats on missing the point of "growing up"... :facepalm:

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
No matter how much I try to block them, Youtuebe keeps recommending them plus they show up in search results.

In other words, all of your complaining about those channels and insulting the people who watch them is based on the videos' titles, not on their contents or comments.
You do understand that the way you're so hard trying to defend them makes it easy to think you're one of them? Are you really Jeremy from Geeks+Gamers?

I'm not defending them. I don't even know what they're saying, since I don't watch them. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is to attack them when you admit to not watching them, either.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
In other words, all of your complaining about those channels and insulting the people who watch them is based on the videos' titles, not on their contents or comments.

No, I saw their content when Youtube began recommending them when Captain Marvel came out, checked out a few of them and was stunned at the content. The sheer amount of disinformation, white male outrage, more often than not fake outrage (Mecharandom admitted that she began doing outrage videos for the clicks/views), misogyny, racism and more often than not Trump supporters (G+G, The Quartering). I began blocking them after figuring out what they were about. Video titles/thumbnails for videos are always the same type, always complaining about "woke". Anything that complains about something using that term is an immediate no-no for me.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Lied is a strong term, but it certainly seems that Kevin Smith misled. A year ago, he said that the series was "all about He-Man" and that "He-Man does no stepping aside," but he's said more recently that "Teela is the center of the story" and it's "Teela's journey" and we now know that He-Man does step aside in Part 1 so that Teela can take center stage. Also, in hyping up the show, he spoke of how he religiously watched the original cartoon after school in 1982 (even though it didn't debut until 1983) so as to assure fans that He-Man was in good hands, but is on record as previously saying that he "wasn't a He-Man fan" and has "no love for He-Man." I think that, in his passion for the project and wanting everyone to be as excited for it as he was, he got carried away and told fans what they wanted to hear instead of being as upfront as he should've been.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
No, I saw their content when Youtube began recommending them when Captain Marvel came out, checked out a few of them and was stunned at the content. The sheer amount of disinformation, white male outrage, more often than not fake outrage (Mecharandom admitted that she began doing outrage videos for the clicks/views), misogyny, racism and more often than not Trump supporters (G+G, The Quartering). I began blocking them after figuring out what they were about. Video titles/thumbnails for videos are always the same type, always complaining about "woke". Anything that complains about something using that term is an immediate no-no for me.

I can understand that, especially because I'm turned off by the same thing, but not watching videos on those channels in nearly 2.5 years doesn't seem much better than not doing so at all. It means that you still haven't watched any of their videos about Revelation, so bringing them up in this thread and saying that "there are literally videos on Youtube claiming Adam/He-Man dies twice which isn't true" is puzzling. Maybe you were reporting what you read from other people who watched the videos, but it still seems strange how often you reference YouTubers that you admittedly haven't listened to in years (but can name, even down to some of their real names). I can't believe that you're just bitter towards them for still showing up in your recommendations and search results. I suspect that you mention them so often because they're a convenient way to claim the moral position in any argument (by associating the other side of the debate with the "hate channels"). If so, it's a rather lazy argument, to be honest, and liable to be even less effective now that we know that you no longer even watch the channels. I appreciate your honesty in that regard, though. You could've just lied and said that you do watch them.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I can understand that, especially because I'm turned off by the same thing, but not watching videos on those channels in nearly 2.5 years doesn't seem much better than not doing so at all. It means that you still haven't watched any of their videos about Revelation, so bringing them up in this thread and saying that "there are literally videos on Youtube claiming Adam/He-Man dies twice which isn't true" is puzzling. Maybe you were reporting what you read from other people who watched the videos, but it still seems strange how often you reference YouTubers that you admittedly haven't listened to in years (but can name, even down to some of their real names). I can't believe that you're just bitter towards them for still showing up in your recommendations and search results. I suspect that you mention them so often because they're a convenient way to claim the moral position in any argument (by associating the other side of the debate with the "hate channels"). If so, it's a rather lazy argument, to be honest, and liable to be even less effective now that we know that you no longer even watch the channels. I appreciate your honesty in that regard, though. You could've just lied and said that you do watch them.

The video titles are enough. They sort of put it out there.

The video that claimed that Adam dies twice in it's thumbnail and even claims the show is only 5 episodes was this:

First time I had watched anything from that channel and also the last time.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I finished this and agree with the widespread complaints.

This isn't a show about He-Man. Netflix and Kevin Smith misled when they portrayed it as one and the latter did it again when he promised that there would be "so much He-Man" in the second half of the season. Aside from a couple of brief flashbacks, He-Man is in only 2 of the 10 episodes: the first and the last. The show is about Teela, a supporting character in the original. She's the main character now and the story revolves around her. Skeletor isn't even the ultimate villain. If you're hoping for a lot of He-Man vs Skeletor, you're liable to be disappointed.

Even besides that, it doesn't feel much like the original show. The spirit and fun are missing, as well as the theme music. I've since watched several episodes of the original and have enjoyed them so much more than Revelation. It's not like the latter can be excused of being less fun because of being more serious and mature, either. It's not really and is only TV-PG. It's not oriented towards adults like it was made to sound.

If you don't compare it to the original, it's probably not so bad. The animation is excellent, a few of the themes are OK and younger people, especially girls, might like it overall. It's just not the He-Man show that those who grew up with the original may be hoping for and expecting. If that's you, you may want to skip it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad