TV: MasterChef 2023 - United Tastes Of America

Sep 19, 2008
The problem with Bowen was that he always said on camera "In China we never did this, never did that. Never had this before, never had that." His attempt to try to make Meatballs chinese style without the bread crumbs inside the mix was just one of his mistakes. He really seemed to collapse late and couldn't really explore outside his comfort zone. He was a good kid though.

No complaints about the final 3. Cesar is pretty damn good.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I'm so happy Bowen went home, he would be a terrible chef in a restaurant. His performance as a leader, twice, was a complete embarrassment. He was a fine cook but he could never run a restaurant.

Cesar is the favourite imo, still wish Emily was there and think she was the best cook on the show. Should be an interesting finish. Gerron and Ashley have come a long way as cooks.

Sep 19, 2008
Congrats to the winner.

Thought it would be Cesar, Gerron, Ashley. Bit surprised Cesar didn't win but Gerron did well. Was a very close decision

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Wow, that was probably the closest MC US final that I remember seeing. No problems with either of them winning but I guess Gerron's was more cohesive and made the least mistakes.

A bit late with this one but good on Gordon to pay Samantha's culinary school. :clap:

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Maybe it was just me, but it definitely seemed like one of the weaker groups in a finale. Not that they aren't good cooks, but none overly stood out head & shoulders above the rest kind of thing.

Also, I'd wish they'd simply go back to the 2 person finale, this whole 3 people thing they've done the last few seasons all of a sudden, doesn't make a lot of sense.

Sep 19, 2008
3 is fine. I thought all 3 did well and they didn't really make any mistakes. They don't need to overly stand out when they're all great cooks.

They repeatedly said "this is one of the closest finals we've ever had" :laugh:

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
MC Canada has been pretty good so far this year.

While I’ve enjoyed MC juniors in the past, this one that’s chrrently on isn’t seeming as enjoyable. Idk why...

Sep 19, 2008
It's on right now. All three judges have to say yes for you to advance.

Also previous winners are there for support :laugh:

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Glad that the regular adult Masterchef is back, along with Joe. The junior episodes have become tired out with Christina on it, because it seems every other challenge is baking.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Too bad they spoiled the auditions already by showing that long preview in the beginning. You could already see several people clearly. I would kept them out for now. But, interesting that they go to England this season. I'm really hoping they actually offer new interesting stuff on challenges. That blindfolded one though is obviously a recipe for a disaster. And what exactly are Shaun, Jennifer and Christine doing there during the auditions?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah, the producers established Evan as "that guy". Or he just did it himself.

I'm leaning on the latter. :laugh:

I think Dorian is presented as someone going far. The talk with Gordon about never having been to England and the preview showing them going there later in the season (not sure if she was shown to be there).

Also curious how the clock went from analog to digital.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
Evan is a tool and I'm actively going to be rooting against him for the entirety of the show.

"If you can't do these basic things you shouldn't be here."

Doesn't do basic things and is almost eliminated :laugh:

He did come across as a gigantic jerk but he did say in the end that it was harder than he thought it would be. Maybe he cleans up his act but it's unlikely. Every season needs a heel.

Reactions: Josepho

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Never watched this series before but that first team challenge was a f***ing gongshow. How hard is it to ask each chef what they're good at and put them there? Blue team only won because their fish lady killed it, everyone else was skinning chicken and serving raw meat.

Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Never watched this series before but that first team challenge was a ****ing gongshow. How hard is it to ask each chef what they're good at and put them there? Blue team only won because their fish lady killed it, everyone else was skinning chicken and serving raw meat.

One would think that's the first thing you ask before giving assignments. Who's good with fish, meat, chicken etc. Have you done this before? Who has? Not surprised they spent the whole episode on the team challenge. But...I think they really should do a training segment before the first team challenge, maybe online, where all the contestants are given a crash course on how to operate in a big kitchen, cooking for multiple people. If you suck after that, then it's be easier to spot the weakest ones. Credit to Noah for recognizing and accepting responsibility so quickly on failed cooking. Seems very well coachable.

Based on the preview, there will be blood spilled next week.

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
But...I think they really should do a training segment before the first team challenge, maybe online, where all the contestants are given a crash course on how to operate in a big kitchen, cooking for multiple people.

That's not going to happen: the producers etc. love the chaos and drama these team challenges create.

Just realised that Gordon is now doing the narration, too.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That's not going to happen: the producers etc. love the chaos and drama these team challenges create.

Just realised that Gordon is now doing the narration, too.

I think the clashing personalities would still create drama.

I wonder if the Mystery Boxes will only appear on the elimination challenges this season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad