TV: MasterChef 2023 - United Tastes Of America

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Chelsea and SJ gone and deservedly so. Is it just me or have the contestants this season been especioally nervous? Emily still standing out. Next week's team challenge looks to be a mess again. Don't they receive any training for these big team challenges before hand? At least they didn't spoil the winner this time. Anyone else getting a feeling that sooner or later each mentor will have the same amount of proteges left? Either 3 each or two each.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Chelsea and SJ gone and deservedly so. Is it just me or have the contestants this season been especioally nervous? Emily still standing out. Next week's team challenge looks to be a mess again. Don't they receive any training for these big team challenges before hand? At least they didn't spoil the winner this time. Anyone else getting a feeling that sooner or later each mentor will have the same amount of proteges left? Either 3 each or two each.

the mentor thing is total BS imo. like, is it all behind the scenes cause we have seen zero mentoring. feels like a gimmick. I'm willing to guarantee the Final has 1 contestant from each mentor

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
the mentor thing is total BS imo. like, is it all behind the scenes cause we have seen zero mentoring. feels like a gimmick. I'm willing to guarantee the Final has 1 contestant from each mentor

I would not be surprised by that either. But I do feel that Aaron might not have anyone there. His people seem to be dropping more. And I also feel they should do at least one episode of actual mentoring. Maybe as part of a bigger team challenge or something. Each mentor would give each of their people specific tasks where they would work on their weaknesses and the mentors would judge who fulfilled their individual tasks the best. The current version feels very lacklustre.

Sep 19, 2008
Joe doesn't seem as much a jerk as he has been in prior seasons. He actually hugged contestants and showed compassion :amazed:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Emily is by far the best cook. No one else has really stood out to me.

Aaaand she's gone. :amazed:

Funny how this was the first time a team challenge finishes in a tie. Though the fact that they had an even number of "judges" set it up somewhat.

And of course the sceond episode started with a short mentoring session. I hope they have one before the final.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Shanika is the best heel in years. god I hate her.

It's a somewhat old and tired gimmick but he pulls it off. If there's test involving chocolate again, she might be in trouble. A bit late to reveal she's allergic to it. Suppose she ends up in the elimination test and someone gives her chocolate as the ingredient...

I can't remember anyone freezing as badly as Bowen did this late in the competition before.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
It's a somewhat old and tired gimmick but he pulls it off. If there's test involving chocolate again, she might be in trouble. A bit late to reveal she's allergic to it. Suppose she ends up in the elimination test and someone gives her chocolate as the ingredient...

she'll probably nail it again just to piss me off

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Or the other person effs up more. Hey, that's like Alexa Bliss/Carmella booking. :laugh:

lirl

Right now im thinking Cesar and Bowen have a good shot. I think Samantha might make it further than you'd think. Shanika probably makes the final cause every final needs a heel lel. I remember hating Natasha with a passion when it was Natasha vs Luca

Gerron probably gonna go soon. hes had like 1 week where he wasnt mediocre at best.

also I love that they finally did mentoring this week and it consisted of "You're in the top 9 so you're good. Now go make a good dish" like wow.

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
It was all part of snake-Shanika's master plan to get rid of a top competitor.

I mean Shanika's "amazing" in team challenges. She's the kind of person you sure don't want in your team. :laugh:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I can't believe Emily got kicked off, she was the best cook but got too cocky, just take the free pass into the next round.

It's wide open now, I really don't think anyone left is great. I'd say Cesar is probably the best of who is left, Shanika is good too although she is annoying as f***. People like Bowen and Samantha could never ever run a kitchen. Bowen as leader in that one team challenge was the most pathetic thing I've ever seen on this show.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Wow, Bowen survived and Shanika went home. Followed by Farhan barely surviving and Julia going home. Right now, I'd guess Geron, Cesar and one of Gordon's being in the final (assuming it's a top 3 again). But...next week it's the restaurant team challenge and the preview made it look like a disaster. I don't think Bowen and Samantha will do well in that atmosphere.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think the #1 purpose of this show is to boost Gordon Ramsay's ego.

What, you don't think they've done enough of "Chef Ramsay Masterclass" bits? I really would have liked for them to do a challenge where the mentors would have lead their proteges and outsiders would have judged the winner. If they continue with this mentor bit next season, that type of challenge needs to be there. Otherwise just scrap the whole mentor concept.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Is it safe for Aarón Sánchez to be tasting broth out of a pot with raw chicken in it?

ZCd14kr.png

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
man this last couple eps is gonna be tight

I feel like Bowen might just pull it off.

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
Top-5 and Samantha and Gerron managed to make their dishes look like gas station meals. I hope Gerron wins it, though.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Top-5 and Samantha and Gerron managed to make their dishes look like gas station meals. I hope Gerron wins it, though.

If Bowen doesn't lose his nerves again or have to work with something he hasn't ever before, he might sneak into the final. Gerron looks to be the most composed of the remaining ones. Ashley perhaps as well. Though I have to admit Cesar has really improved a lot in recent weeks.

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
The whole "one mentee for each judge in the final-3" was pretty obvious from the get-go. I'm sure Samantha knew immediately that she wasn't going to make it without Gerron making some massive mistake in that last challenge.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Could be anyone's title now. I think they're all close. And yes, how CONVEEEEENIENT that all mentors got one mentee into the final. Bowen really did choke on his own stubbornness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad