TV: MasterChef 2023 - United Tastes Of America

Sep 19, 2008
Good riddance. Also with nobody getting eliminated in the last episode they had to make up for it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So glad Jeff didn't pull out another fluke and get in the semifinal. He ceratianly didn't make any friends this season with his attitude. Guy's a bit full of himself and overconfident about his abilities. I totally guessed the top-4 right. :D

Very surprised Cate didn't make it to the final but her nerves failed at baking.

Joe Bastianich guest judge in the final. :yo:

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
I had to watch half of this episode. 2 hours is just too much for one sitting. I am pulling against Cate. I am not a huge fan of Jeff but the collective bullying he receives is a bit much. Any person that goes out of their way to eliminate him while at the same time helping keep the best chefs deserve to go home. Giving Jason 60 minutes while giving Jeff 20 is poor strategy and you deserve to lose.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I had to watch half of this episode. 2 hours is just too much for one sitting. I am pulling against Cate. I am not a huge fan of Jeff but the collective bullying he receives is a bit much. Any person that goes out of their way to eliminate him while at the same time helping keep the best chefs deserve to go home. Giving Jason 60 minutes while giving Jeff 20 is poor strategy and you deserve to lose.

Jeff brought it all on him because of his behaviour in team challenges. There is a reason he's the first contestant to lose all team challenges. He wouldn't take instructions, was a dick towards his team mates and just wanted to do things his way. The point of the elimination test was that Cate had the power to eliminate who she wanted and she lost her only team challenge with Jeff who played a large part in the loss.

Last edited:

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Jeff brought it all on him because of his behaviour in team challenges. There is a reason he's the first contestant to lose all team challenges. He wouldn't take instructions, was a dick towards his team mates and just wanted to do things his way. The point of the elimination test was that Cate had the power to eliminate who she wanted and she lost her only team with Jeff who played a large part in the loss.

Cate reverted back to high school clicks and didn't play the game. She forced out the weak cooks and left all the strong.

She deserved to go home.

Sep 19, 2008
The editing for the preview making it look like Jason messed up big time and was crying, when he was actually crying for another reason :laugh:

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
Cate reverted back to high school clicks and didn't play the game. She forced out the weak cooks and left all the strong.

She deserved to go home.

Yeah somehow I really doubt the strongest cooks would go out on salmon of all things. Dino had slightly more time and was never in danger.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee

She deserved to go home.
I finally got around to watching the DVR, and I agree, she was a damn fool to do such a thing so late in the game. Give the better cooks more time just made zero sense.

Rooting for Jason to win...Eboni's attitude is annoying & pointless, and that whole Dino & Jeff war of words made me like both even less. Jason, to his credit, has been consistent in his positive behavior.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I finally got around to watching the DVR, and I agree, she was a damn fool to do such a thing so late in the game. Give the better cooks more time just made zero sense.

Rooting for Jason to win...Eboni's attitude is annoying & pointless, and that whole Dino & Jeff war of words made me like both even less. Jason, to his credit, has been consistent in his positive behavior.

Jason is my pick as well.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Dino gets too creative at times, and Eboni just isn't the level of cook as Jason. It's his to lose. If they network guys think Dino is more marketable for the book deal, I could see them maybe giving the judges a nudge to go with him.... but I can't see any way in which Eboni wins.

Sep 19, 2008
Uh oh :popcorn:

Joe though doing an awesome job back. Last time Joe was on everyone criticized him calling Courtney's dish "intellectual", yet you can tell he brings back something MC was lacking since he left

Sep 19, 2008
[spoil]Eboni looks really good right now, only problem was the duck which was a few minutes away from being perfect

Rankings right now:

Jason
Eboni
Dino[/spoil]

Sep 19, 2008
[spoil]I like Jason's take on Chinese food and I hope he wins because that's a pretty good cookbook right there

What?

I'm stunned, I thought Jason won it. He did well after the appetizer. I'd like to see some explanation of this. He was very unconventional.

Jason was so positive about it too, "I feel like I won too" :laugh:[/spoil]

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Uh oh :popcorn:

Joe though doing an awesome job back. Last time Joe was on everyone criticized him calling Courtney's dish "intellectual", yet you can tell he brings back something MC was lacking since he left
Agreed. I, myself, really miss Joe, due to he was one of the few outside of Gordon Ramsey, that wasn't afraid to tell it like it is. Aaron & Christina are too nice & indifferent most of the time, and to me, don't really add anything to show, outside of 40 different baking challenges thanks to Christina.

Glad for Dino, even though it seemed as if it was a weak performance by all 3 for a Masterchef Finale, I expected near perfect dishes from all 3 at this point in the competition.

No more Masterchef Junior, Fox, please, in the meantime.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Strongest final, from a talent and quality perspective, in the show's history for me. I don't think any previous winner hasn't had at least one major critique on their 3 course meal and of course editing plays a part in shaping perception as well.

I was really glad to see them shake up the format a bit this year and freshen up the elimination challenges as the show was starting to get a little stale. Was very happy to see Joe back in the final. Wish they'd bring him back alongside Gordon, Christina and Aaron as they all offer up important critiques and play well off of each other.

Think if Eboni had nailed the cooking time on her duck, she would've won. Not much to choose between any of her, Dino or Jason.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Strongest final, from a talent and quality perspective, in the show's history for me. I don't think any previous winner hasn't had at least one major critique on their 3 course meal and of course editing plays a part in shaping perception as well.

I was really glad to see them shake up the format a bit this year and freshen up the elimination challenges as the show was starting to get a little stale. Was very happy to see Joe back in the final. Wish they'd bring him back alongside Gordon, Christina and Aaron as they all offer up important critiques and play well off of each other.

Think if Eboni had nailed the cooking time on her duck, she would've won. Not much to choose between any of her, Dino or Jason.

First off, I think I may have woken up my neighbour letting out a too loud "Yes!" after Dino won. :laugh: He was slightly my favorite, even though I wouldn't have minded Jason or Eboni winning. Surprised and glad Jeff rooted for him.

Second, on the bolded part, I agree that Eboni was very close on winning had she cooked the lamb abotua minute longer. Based on the judges reactions it seemed like Dino was clear winner on the appetizer, maybe tie between Dino and Jason on the entrée and maybe tie between Jsaon and Eboni on the dessert with Dino just behind.

Although I doubt they'd ever make a season with even half the episodes Masterchef Australia has, I wouldn't mind if they added a few non-elimination episodes with skills test and experimentation episodes. I felt they had already taken some influences this season already, might as well take more.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
deserved win. nailed the first two courses and put out a creative dessert

been a favourite of mine from the start.

Ramsay at the end had me convinced Eboni was about to win when they talked about journey etc, so happy when Dino got it :D

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00