TV: MasterChef 2023 - United Tastes Of America

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
deserved win. nailed the first two courses and put out a creative dessert

been a favourite of mine from the start.

Ramsay at the end had me convinced Eboni was about to win when they talked about journey etc, so happy when Dino got it :D

Agreed,i also thought they were going to hand it to Ebony.
I felt this was the weakest season overall from a talent perspective.Kate was running away with the title and was gone in a flash,I found that odd her being a clear cut favorite.I guess thats how editing works.
My least favorite season thus far. Joe being back was fun,this show needs a Joe,he sugar coats nothing...goog or bad.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Took me awhile to warm up to Perpetual Duckface Guy but by the time the last few episodes rolled around he had won me over and I was rooting for him.

Congratulations Perpetual Duckface Guy.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Happy Dino won

Was great to see Joe back.

Side note: Graham, who is no longer a judge, can now be found doing infomercials for some pots/pans and knives lol.

What happened to him?

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I got caught up with the last couple of episodes just now. I agree with the other comments Cate picking Jeff for the least time to cook was just stupid on her part and it cost her. I was really stunned that she didn't make the finals. I figured it was hers to lose. You simply pick the best chefs to give the least time for because they are your biggest threat. Jeff would have imploded eventually. What a waste.

Happy to see Dino win. I liked him more and more as the season progressed. I liked Jason too even though I never thought he was a threat during the finals. Not disappointed that Eboni, who was really good, didn't win.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
That was an interesting finale. I haven't watched Master Chef in awhile so I'm not sure if the 3 person finale is new but it's an improvement on the 2 person. It seemed to work in Dino's favor a bit and against Eboni though. Eboni appeared to have solid dishes but each dish was overshadowed by a more successful dish from either Dino or Jason.

I'm happy Dino won. He and Jason seemed very likeable.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Couldn't find a MC Jr thread, but the new season premiered last night and it looks like they've brought Joe back as a judge.
I noticed that there was a new season when I checked my PVR last night. Very excited...even more so now that you say they’ve brought Joe back!

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Tosi -> Joe is an improvement. Sanchez is pretty meh.

Concur with this. I like Tosi well enough, but with her gone hopefully there will be less baking/dessert challenges. I generally find those less interesting than the ones with a savory dish.

Also Masterchef >>>> Masterchef Junior because Gordon and Joe will tell off and berate the contestants, which they obviously won't do with the kids. Tosi is actually better than Joe on MCJ - I think her personality works better with kids than his - but it's totally the opposite on adult MC.

I was at a pairing dinner a couple of weeks ago prepared by Jared from HF seasons 15 and 17 (All-Stars) and he spent some time before and after chatting with me and my buddy. I asked him if working for Ramsey is actually like what it appears on TV or if it's exaggerated, and he said no it's exactly like that. He described in vivid detail the sensation of "feeling Chef Ramsay's spit bubbles land on your cheeks while he berates you from 6 inches away", and how at one point Ramsay threw a sautee pan across the kitchen after someone brought up something substandard and it buzzed right by his face while he was working the fish station.

Reactions: G F O P and TNT87
Sep 19, 2008
Ramsay's temper tantrums can be exaggerated by the American media, who loves to overemphasize it to dramatic music. He actually seems like a rational person in the UK television programmes, although there are instances of his mood there (once stole Marco Pierre White's guest book)

His British persona (F Word UK segments ) as well as some of what you see in his personal life from his Matilda and the Ramsay bunch TV show generally depict a guy full of humor joking around

"Are you still single???" :laugh:

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
New format this year. Judges pick contestants like The Voice and become their mentor.

2 episodes last night.

Sep 19, 2008
Is anyone going to accept an apron from anyone other than Gordon? :laugh:

Okay that guy who wasn't experienced enough and got rejected by the judges was given a "second chance" lol this is crazy

Anyway I really like this new format. The home cooks were all amateurs anyway so having the judges compete against one another to train talent brings a new spark to this franchise.

Some of these excerpts are hilarious. "Have you ever been in a restaurant?" "No."

Last edited:
Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Mark was just such an arrogant idiot when he refused to take advice. :facepalm: If Juni had one of the worst performances as a captain, then Mark had one of the worst performances in an elimination test.

It's hard to pick out potential finalists yet but I would not be surprised if it's an all female top3 or 4. Emily hasn't made any major mistakes yet and could be Joe's "crowning jewel".

Reactions: TNT87

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Mark was just such an arrogant idiot when he refused to take advice. :facepalm: If Juni had one of the worst performances as a captain, then Mark had one of the worst performances in an elimination test.

It's hard to pick out potential finalists yet but I would not be surprised if it's an all female top3 or 4. Emily hasn't made any major mistakes yet and could be Joe's "crowning jewel".

Emily Samantha and Bowen top 3.

In that order

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad