Prospect Info: Mastercard Memorial Cup 2018 | 100 Years | Regina

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Titan dominating. If not for Paddock this could be a blow out already.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Holy **** Paddock with another big save.

There's no way this should be a 1-0 nothing game.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The Titan are like the junior hockey version of the Golden Knights. Constantly attacking offensively and defensively, no room for Regina to move anywhere on the ice.

As others have mentioned, Paddock is the reason this game is close on the scoreboard.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Shots 29-8 now after the Pats finally get a few on net in the past couple minutes.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Refs left their whistles at the hotel-lol.

They're going to let them sort this out 5 on 5, which is good to see. These refs are better at their jobs than the NHL refs are.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Okay...I'm convinced on Dobson. Too bad there's a snowball's chance in hell he's not taken before 10.

Damn, Pats hit the post on a 2 on 1, then Steel hit it again a few moments later.

The 3rd will be fun to watch.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Okay...I'm convinced on Dobson. Too bad there's a snowball's chance in hell he's not taken before 10.

Damn, Pats hit the post on a 2 on 1.

The 3rd will be fun to watch.

Yeah Dobson will be gone by 10 no doubt about that.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hebig puts the puck over the glass in the D zone. Pats need to kill this.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Didn't want to see a team from the Q win it, but hats off to the Titan, they earned this national championship. Off to see if Celtics can salvage the evening by taking out Lebron.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The Titan were the deserving Champs.

The WHL needs to step it up, I remember when the WHL used to dominate Memorial Cups.

Reactions: McFuhryous

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'm glad the Titan won, I think it's a joke having the host team in the tournament. Only the best team in each league should be able to win the Memorial Cup imo.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'm glad the Titan won, I think it's a joke having the host team in the tournament. Only the best team in each league should be able to win the Memorial Cup imo.

I partly agree with the host team sentiments...could you imagine if a team that failed to make the playoffs in their respective league won the Memorial Cup because they were granted a berth as the host team? Maybe it has happened in the past as I don't know, but that would just be so ass-backwards . Instead of the host city getting an automatic berth, maybe bring back the previous year's champion to defend the title? I'd imagine ticket sales would drop if the host city wasn't involved but it is a different way of a tournament format by giving the host city an auto-berth.

Reactions: McDrai

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I partly agree with the host team sentiments...could you imagine if a team that failed to make the playoffs in their respective league won the Memorial Cup because they were granted a berth as the host team? Maybe it has happened in the past as I don't know, but that would just be so ass-backwards . Instead of the host city getting an automatic berth, maybe bring back the previous year's champion to defend the title? I'd imagine ticket sales would drop if the host city wasn't involved but it is a different way of a tournament format by giving the host city an auto-berth.

I like this idea a lot better. And honestly they could just have the host city be the team that won it last year as well. So for this year it would have been London.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad