Prospect Info: Mastercard Memorial Cup 2018 | 100 Years | Regina

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Feel bad for Skinner, he's probably feeling like as good as he's been all playoffs, in the last game of the year with his team's season on the line, he wasn't able to stop the puck. It was odd man rushes against him all night long and the puck just wasn't hitting him like it was in the previous game. Still had a good year though.

Can't help feeling like the host city has a bit of an unfair advantage in this format though, the Pats having all that time to rest and recover from their season's grind, while SC was showing the fatigue of going through the WHL playoff wars for sure. Does this tournament really require the host team getting an automatic berth in this? Is the allure of the event so weak that it MUST have the host team in it in order to draw a crowd?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Feel bad for Skinner, he's probably feeling like as good as he's been all playoffs, in the last game of the year with his team's season on the line, he wasn't able to stop the puck. It was odd man rushes against him all night long and the puck just wasn't hitting him like it was in the previous game. Still had a good year though.

Can't help feeling like the host city has a bit of an unfair advantage in this format though, the Pats having all that time to rest and recover from their season's grind, while SC was showing the fatigue of going through the WHL playoff wars for sure. Does this tournament really require the host team getting an automatic berth in this? Is the allure of the event so weak that it MUST have the host team in it in order to draw a crowd?
I mean, it kind of is? Also there is only 3 Canadian league's and a 3 team tournament is kind of really dumb.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Nick Henry had a hat trick and Sam Steel set a MC record with 5 assists, as the Pats eliminated the Broncos 6-5. Cameron Hebig had a PP goal and an assist, 3 shots, lost his only faceoff, got called for slashing and was +1. Stuart Skinner made 22 saves in the loss.
Summary: Mastercard Memorial Cup
Game story: Pats pull together to oust rival Broncos and advance to semi-final – Mastercard Memorial Cup
Photo gallery: A look through the lens at the Pats 6-5 win over Swift Current Wednesday – Regina Pats
Sportsnet game highlights: Regina (6) – Swift Current (5) – GM6 – Highlights – Mastercard Memorial Cup
Pats game highlights: RECAP: Steel and Henry push Pats into Mastercard Memorial Cup Semi-Final – Regina Pats
3 stars: #MMC100 Three Stars of Game Six – Mastercard Memorial Cup
5 takeaways: Five Takeaways from Wednesday’s Saskatchewan showdown – Mastercard Memorial Cup
Swift Current post-game with Glenn Gawdin, Colby Sissons and Stuart Skinner: Swift Current – GM6 – Post Game – Mastercard Memorial Cup
More with Stuart Skinner: Stuart Skinner Post Game Media Scrum – Swift Current Broncos
Regina post game with Nick Henry and Sam Steel: Regina – GM6 – Post Game – Mastercard Memorial Cup
More with Cameron Hebig, Sam Steel, Bryce Platt, Nick Henry and John Paddiock: VIDEO: Post game comments from Steel, Henry, Hebig, Platt and Paddock – Regina Pats
More with John Paddock: Regina – GM6 – John Paddock Post Game – Mastercard Memorial Cup
Manny Viveiros post game: FULL Manny Viveiros MasterCard Memorial Cup News Conference – Swift Current Broncos
Post game analysis: Regina (6) – Swift Current (5) – GM6 – Panel – Mastercard Memorial Cup
Post game recap: http://mastercardmemorialcup.ca/video/regina-6-swift-current-5-gm6-recap

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
WHL Champions now 0-9 in the last 3 Memorial Cup tourney's

I remember a time when they dominated it
GettyImages-494163865.0.jpg

The good old days.

Nice to see Hebig sniping some this year.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
WHL Champions now 0-9 in the last 3 Memorial Cup tourney's

I remember a time when they dominated it

I mentioned in an earlier blog months ago before the draft lotto and I mentioned the Oilers should draft Dobson. Basically I said I have seen the kid play in Halifax against the Mooseheads and he is the real deal. A fella from the West was all over me saying the Q was an inferior league and we must draft WHL players. He said Dobson would never make it in the WHL. Well, he sure looks good in the Mem Cup

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I mentioned in an earlier blog months ago before the draft lotto and I mentioned the Oilers should draft Dobson. Basically I said I have seen the kid play in Halifax against the Mooseheads and he is the real deal. A fella from the West was all over me saying the Q was an inferior league and we must draft WHL players. He said Dobson would never make it in the WHL. Well, he sure looks good in the Mem Cup
Dobson will be the 2nd/3rd d man drafted imo. Zero chance he will be there at #10, or #9

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008

Yeah man, let's draft more Oil Kings! So many top players from that Cup winning team playing in the NHL now. Sigh

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Max Paddock made 44 saves and Sam Steel scored the GWG and addrd an assist, as the Pats advanced to the MC final with a 4-2 win. Cameron Hebig had a goal, 3 shots and was +1.
Summary: Mastercard Memorial Cup
Game story: Paddock backstops Pats into 100th Mastercard Memorial Cup Final – Mastercard Memorial Cup
Highlights: Hamilton (2) – Regina (4) – Semi-Final – Highlights – Mastercard Memorial Cup
Pats game story and highlights: RECAP: Pats down Bulldogs to advance to Mastercard Memorial Cup Final – Regina Pats
Three stars: #MMC100 Three Stars of Semifinal – Mastercard Memorial Cup
Five takeaways: Five Takeaways from Regina’s Semi-Final victory – Mastercard Memorial Cup
Photo gallery: A look through the lens at the Pats semi-final win over Hamilton at the Mastercard Memorial Cup – Regina Pats
Regina post game with Josh Mahura and Max Paddock: Regina – Semi-Final – Post Game – Mastercard Memorial Cup
John Paddock post game: Regina – Semi-Final – John Paddock Post Game – Mastercard Memorial Cup
More post game with Cameron Hebig, Austin Pratt, Max Paddock and John Paddock: VIDEO: Post game comments from Paddock, Paddock, Hebig and Pratt – Regina Pats
Hamilton post game with Robert Thomas, Riley Stillman and Justin Lemcke: Hamilton – Semi-Final – Post Game – Mastercard Memorial Cup
John Gruden post game: Hamilton – Semi-Final – John Gruden Post Game – Mastercard Memorial Cup
Game analysis: Hamilton (2) – Regina (4) – Semi-Final – Panel – Mastercard Memorial Cup
Game recap: Hamilton (2) – Regina (4) – Semi-Final – Recap – Mastercard Memorial Cup

CHL award winners: http://mastercardmemorialcup.ca/article/chl-announces-2017-18-award-winners

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Yeah man, let's draft more Oil Kings! So many top players from that Cup winning team playing in the NHL now. Sigh

I remember how choked some people were that we didn't draft Kulda in the last round.

Well, he just had 1 goal and 0 assists in 31 games in the KHL.

Oh well, great player to watch in 13-14.

Reactions: dustrock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad