OT: Massive Snowstorm Starting on Tuesday

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I moved away from downtown recently so I don't know if things are normally this bad around here (small, residential street with just 6 houses so it's low priority for snow removal). But currently the entire street and sidewalk is a solid sheet of ice. You can literally skate on it. I can't even walk my dog without wearing spikes.

Same here. We were in Littly Italy for 8 years up until last July. In the suburbs now and our street is 2-4 inches of solid ice. with craters the size of small cars.

Reactions: scrubadam

Cacaniemi

Nov 8, 2018
Had to patch my tire twice and fix a broken rim all caused by this winter... damn i fking hate winter when will this snowfall end

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Bonhomme.jpg

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I take snowstorms over hurricanes , tornadoes , earthquakes , tsunamis , floods , volcanic eruptions and all other kind of mother nature crazy shit. Hell i prefer a snowstorm over freezing rain. That i f***ing hate.

Sure sometimes it does suck and i wouldn't complain living in a tropical paradise but those climates have their own fair share of problems. Winter isn't always fun here but honesttly we don't get it that bad compared to many other places in the world.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I’m 39 and I don’t think I’ve ever seen 50cm in one snowfall. I doubt it happens as well, but it would certainly be incredible.

In december 2012, on the 27 th I think, Montreal got 47 cm of snow in 24h. I believe that is the record for most snow in a day period.

I remember trying to shovel that day. The wind made impossible, lol. The snow was too light and it would go everywhere.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I take snowstorms over hurricanes , tornadoes , earthquakes , tsunamis , floods , volcanic eruptions and all other kind of mother nature crazy ****. Hell i prefer a snowstorm over freezing rain. That i ****ing hate.

Sure sometimes it does suck and i wouldn't complain living in a tropical paradise but those climates have their own fair share of problems. Winter isn't always fun here but honesttly we don't get it that bad compared to many other places in the world.
Tropics have huge insects and snakes, which I hate, and is a breeding ground for all sorts of nasty illness. I’ll take the snow!

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
As crazy as this winters been, nothing beats what I saw in Moncton in 2015. 1.5 meters over 3 days, more than 2 meters over a week or two.

Reactions: Acadien86

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
As crazy as this winters been, nothing beats what I saw in Moncton in 2015. 1.5 meters over 3 days, more than 2 meters over a week or two.

Ah yes, that winter was the worst winter of my life. I was living in Fredericton and I had never seen that much snow in one winter. It was blizzard after blizzard after blizzard.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
It’s been -35 to -50 here the past 2 weeks straight in Saskatchewan (that’s including wind-chill) and we’ve been getting consistent snow with it. February has been hell here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad