Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 4

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Is it possible in this day and age to make a great Xmen movie considering the troubles of western society wrestling down our new dynamics of race and gender? I’m not entirely sure.

One way or the other people will be upset. If the MCU is doing to do this and make it as or more entertaining than phases 1-3, they’ve got a whole slew of difficulties ahead of them
Yes, it's really not that hard:

-Chris Claremont, Louise Simonson, etc. gave 17 years worth of stories and dozens of characters other than Dark Phoenix.

-Stay away from Magneto for a few movies

-You don't need to have all of Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, and Wolverine in a movie and on an active team.

-Mojo, Fall of The Mutants, Genosha (specifically the X-Tinction Agenda), Mutant Massacre, Morlocks Take Manhattan (a Portacio/Byrne story), X-Factor/Freedom Force/teams working for the government are all interesting story ideas.

-The X-Men comics were at their creative peak from around 1986-1991, when they redid the entire team to The Outback, to the breakup, to the reforming with a grittier version. The Blue/Gold Era was cool and gave us the cartoon, but overrated in terms of stories.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
What is slowing down content supposed to actually do to turn this around? The reason the MCU sucks now is a combination of most of the individual movies being shitty movies, and the fact that there’s no overarching story to tie all of the films together or make sitting through the awful content worthwhile. You could pretty much skip any Phase 4/5 film you want and will miss nothing of the story in the films you actually do decide to watch. There’s bits and pieces in each film that somewhat resemble an overarching story where the movies will start to come together but it’s just coming together so damn slowly. The fact is most of the movies that should be crucial to the plot like MoM and Quantumania are just such complete shit and everything else has for the most part either been completely unrelated to the overarching plot (like Eternals or Shang Chi) or just a painfully uninteresting sequel to characters who peaked years ago (like Black Widow and TLaT).

“MCU” has become a brand name they slap on mindlessly generated Marvel content rather than the name of a great cohesive film series

Sep 19, 2008
i just don't understand why they don't use krasinski or whatever his name is as reed richards

it's been done before in the strange 2 movie

anyway people have been shitting on the MCU for years now post-endgame so nice to see them with some big stuff here

as everyone knows xmen in MCU would be game changing, that and the possible return of Thanos...nerding out so hard

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
i just don't understand why they don't use krasinski or whatever his name is as reed richards

it's been done before in the strange 2 movie
I assume he doesn't want it. Seems focused on being a writer-director now. New movie (staring Ryan Reynolds) coming soon:

Reactions: John Price

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
1707928505194.png

Happy Valentine’s Day from Marvel’s First Family! Pedro Pascal, Vanessa Kirby, Ebon Moss-Bachrach, and Joseph Quinn are The Fantastic Four.

Marvel Studios' #TheFantasticFour, in theaters July 25, 2025.
Marvel confirms the cast and date for the Fantastic Four movie.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Can't wait. Honestly have a hard time seeing Pedro as Mr. Fantastic but he's so good that you just know he's going to end up killing it anyway.

Might be most excited for Ebon as The Thing though. He's exceptional in The Bear and it's always really awesome to see actors bide their time waiting for that one role that launches them into the top of the field and I feel like The Bear did that for Ebon.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Neat, hopefully they do FF right this time.

Given their intelligence, I hope they write Richard’s and Doom into the past MCU AS SHIELD scientists or something.

Maybe their powers could be gained during a space expedition that occurred during the final battle of The Marvels. Dar-Benn’s use of the bands could has sent that cosmic radiation outward and that hit the FF shuttle, activating their dormant mutant genes.

Some nice ties in’s to the current MCU.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Neat, hopefully they do FF right this time.

Given their intelligence, I hope they write Richard’s and Doom into the past MCU AS SHIELD scientists or something.

Maybe their powers could be gained during a space expedition that occurred during the final battle of The Marvels. Dar-Benn’s use of the bands could has sent that cosmic radiation outward and that hit the FF shuttle, activating their dormant mutant genes.

Some nice ties in’s to the current MCU.
I hate that Derp-Bland might be the reason for the Fantastic 4 and X-Men to come into existence, Dar-Benn even sucked in the comics and was killed in less then a year, and that useless goofy jackhole could be the reason for 2 of the best and most iconic Marvel groups coming into reality would make me sick. They really shit the bed waiting this long and not RIGHT after the snap , that amount of cosmic energy to bring back half the population in the entire universe is the perfect reason to bring in the Fantastic 4 and X-Men.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I'm not going to watch the trailer until I wrap up work but somebody please tell me Bishop still has his glorious mane of hair and it's just tied behind his head in the shot I see.

Also,

JEAN!!!

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Im not that big into superheroes but this very much intrigues me. Love the 90s art/ animation style from it.

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
Might be most excited for Ebon as The Thing though. He's exceptional in The Bear and it's always really awesome to see actors bide their time waiting for that one role that launches them into the top of the field and I feel like The Bear did that for Ebon.
I had no idea he was already in the MCU until I looked up his filmography. He was the tech guy who helps Frank Castle in the Netflix Punisher series.

Oh, and he was in Andor as well!

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Good luck wit that

At least there is Deadpool 3 on the horizon, but will 1 good movie be enough to get them back on track?

They should also stop making MCU series on Disney + (except What If of course) because some movies have been directly connected to some of those shows and a lot moviegoers don't understand what's going on ig hey haven't watched the show before.
Not an issue for me but for a lot of people it is.

Reactions: John Price

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad