Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 4

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
the one thing with it being a continuation, or a couple of things actually, is that means all the Nexflix shows would be MCU cannon for sure...I have heard some say they already are an others say no. This also means they would almost have to continue the other series or use the same actors to not break that continuity. Guess we shall see.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017

the one thing with it being a continuation, or a couple of things actually, is that means all the Nexflix shows would be MCU cannon for sure...I have heard some say they already are an others say no. This also means they would almost have to continue the other series or use the same actors to not break that continuity. Guess we shall see.
I hope they bring some of the creative minds behind it too if they're going to continue it. I think it's great if they go that way because it's been the best Marvel series (with Punisher not far behind - and JJ season 1 too), but it's risky and I'm not super confident they can do it right.

Ben Grimm

Blue collar cool 🛒
Dec 10, 2007
Lower E. Side
distrokid.com
1653066272576.png

In the comics

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
I am by no means a big fan of the Marvel movies, but I do enjoy some of the series and movies. But Daredevil was really, really awful. Vincent D'Onofrio and his Kingpin is by far the worst acting I have ever seen in a series.

Daredevil fights look the same whoever he fights, being superior for the first 25% of the fight and then taking a beating without even trying to fight back for 70%, suddenly turns everything around in the last 5% for a win. Always badly injured, but at it again a couple of hours later.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I am by no means a big fan of the Marvel movies, but I do enjoy some of the series and movies. But Daredevil was really, really awful. Vincent D'Onofrio and his Kingpin is by far the worst acting I have ever seen in a series.

Daredevil fights look the same whoever he fights, being superior for the first 25% of the fight and then taking a beating without even trying to fight back for 70%, suddenly turns everything around in the last 5% for a win. Always badly injured, but at it again a couple of hours later.
You are kidding right? It's one of the highest rated Marvel shows/movies ever. Right now on Rotten Tomatoes the critic score is 92% Fresh and the audience score is 89%. Had you said Iron Fist sure, that was not very well received but Daredevil? Cox is seen as doing an amazing job as Matt Murdock and D'Onofrio was close to perfect as King Pin...why do you think they brought them back into the MCU fold?

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
You are kidding right? It's one of the highest rated Marvel shows/movies ever. Right now on Rotten Tomatoes the critic score is 92% Fresh and the audience score is 89%. Had you said Iron Fist sure, that was not very well received but Daredevil? Cox is seen as doing an amazing job as Matt Murdock and D'Onofrio was close to perfect as King Pin...why do you think they brought them back into the MCU fold?
Iron fist was rather bad as well IMO, but I really do think Daredevil was awful. The main reason is poor acting and a bad plot. Personal opinion I guess, but never seen worse acting than what D'Onofrio tried as Kingpin.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Iron fist was rather bad as well IMO, but I really do think Daredevil was awful. The main reason is poor acting and a bad plot. Personal opinion I guess, but never seen worse acting than what D'Onofrio tried as Kingpin.

That's so weird. I thought Jessica Jones and Luke Cage were such trash, but I really enjoyed Daredevil precisely because of how much I liked D'Nofrio and Charlie Cox's acting (the rest of the cast was quite mediocre though).

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Looks like a Wonder Man series is in development.

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings filmmaker Destin Daniel Cretton has teamed up with Andrew Guest, a writer-producer on comedies such as Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Community, to tackle a live-action series featuring the longtime Marvel character.

Guest will serve as head writer of the series, while Cretton will exec produce and possibly direct an episode or more. Cretton is working via his overall deal with Marvel Studios, signed late last year in the glow of Shang-Chi’s success.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Oversaturation is going to kill the superhero genre, at least as a mainstream part of the zeitgeist.

It will still be popular with the comic geek crowd but won't be as pervasively followed.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Oversaturation is going to kill the superhero genre, at least as a mainstream part of the zeitgeist.

It will still be popular with the comic geek crowd but won't be as pervasively followed.

Companies need content, Disney+ needs content so they do what they have to do to get that content I guess. Marvel, Star Wars, stuff on Hulu/Star or Pixar.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Looks like a Wonder Man series is in development.

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings filmmaker Destin Daniel Cretton has teamed up with Andrew Guest, a writer-producer on comedies such as Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Community, to tackle a live-action series featuring the longtime Marvel character.

Guest will serve as head writer of the series, while Cretton will exec produce and possibly direct an episode or more. Cretton is working via his overall deal with Marvel Studios, signed late last year in the glow of Shang-Chi’s success.

This is great as I always like Simon Williams aka Wonder Man.

I just hope he isn't wearing this ugly costume from the early issues of West Coast Avengers.

cd7969002fdb14b8d9095fe7a5428478--avengers-marvel-marvel-heroes.jpg

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
This is great as I always like Simon Williams aka Wonder Man.

I just hope he isn't wearing this ugly costume from the early issues of West Coast Avengers.

cd7969002fdb14b8d9095fe7a5428478--avengers-marvel-marvel-heroes.jpg
He is not is well know as many others but he is also one of Marvel's oldest characters having shown up for the first time in 1964.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Thunderbolts confirm also looks like.

Sort of like the Marvel Suicide Squad I guess we could say. Misfits and villains turned heroes.

Someone's art which would be an interesting team to have though with though Ross's version would not be possible without recasting due to Hurt's death. So we will likely see the Baron Zemo version or a mix?

1655922426411.png

djzbad

Jun 10, 2022
I think the implication is that he's in the movie but not playing Doom himself. On the other hand, he's left the mic on previously on purpose to mess with his listeners.
I would hope so haha that’s how I understood it but still found it kinda odd, most likely him messing with people like you said

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
I would hope so haha that’s how I understood it but still found it kinda odd, most likely him messing with people like you said
Hoo hoo, Robin!
Dr. Doom was originally my idea! They're ripping me off, hoo hoo!
fu10v17d8l891.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: djzbad

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Sources say Echo will include a plotline in which Daredevil, whose alter ego is blind attorney Matt Murdoch, is searching out a former ally. Podcast The Weekly Planet has reported that ally is Jessica Jones, another Marvel character who toplined her own Netflix series and was played by Krysten Ritter. If Ritter as Jones does indeed make an appearance in Echo, that would leave Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and the Punisher as the street-level crime-fighters still left to be re-introduced into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

According to the guys on The Weekly Planet podcast (who have shared several reliable scoops in the past), Daredevil will feature in three episodes of the Hawkeye spinoff. The vigilante will reportedly be sporting a black and red suit - not the yellow costume that was previously rumored - and is said to be "looking for Jessica Jones

Reactions: Pranzo Oltranzista

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So a director has been found and I guess confirms Captain America 4 is a sure thing

I had heard this, Looks like Marvel is working a way to make the Netflix Daredevil and Jessica Jones canon within the MCU with one of the pieces of evidence is that on Disney+ they changed the intro card of the Jessica Jones show to now say "aka Jessica Jones", Take it for what it might be worth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad