Confirmed with Link: Martinsen to Montreal for Sven Andrighetto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Hey guys, habs fan here

Andrighetto isn't bad at all, its a nice pickup for you guys. Its a nice swap for both teams actually.

Besides his lack of size, andrighetto can pass, shoot and skate. His defensive game isn't he best either though. We had too many small forwards and didnt want to keep him.

Good pickup for you.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
And now, besides his size, Martinsen can't pass, shoot or skate. :naughty::sarcasm:

He can skate and hit though.

problem is that we have way way way way too many small forwards. We cant even create lines without having 2 5'8 midgets on the same line. :laugh:

But yes, skills beats size

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
He can skate and hit though.

problem is that we have way way way way too many small forwards. We cant even create lines without having 2 5'8 midgets on the same line. :laugh:

But yes, skills beats size
We shall see how it goes. He would have stretches where he would throw alot of good hits and then would go through stretches where he would hit nobody which is unacceptable with his size. Could just be because he was playing with nothing to play for with us. Sven has looked solid for us but thats the norm around here. Anytime we get a player in trade or off waivers they immediatelt become one of our better players because of sheer effort

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Well he surely have way more talent. And I really hope it works out for him and you guys. But let,s be a little patient. When we made the deal last year Matteau for Smith-Pelly....DSP also looked 10 times better that year. And look at him this year. Ghetto's challenge will be to be consistent. And when your team improves, as right now, it makes perfect sense to give him all the chance in the world to succeed, he will have to be better than the other options you will have. I hope he does succeed.

I'm a fan of both teams.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I'm cautiously optimistic, he's looked good so far, can make a nice pass, definitely has skill.

Whitesnake, you're fine here, you've been very respectful and it's always good to have an outside perspective. As long as other fans are respectful there's no reason they cant come here.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Well he surely have way more talent. And I really hope it works out for him and you guys. But let,s be a little patient. When we made the deal last year Matteau for Smith-Pelly....DSP also looked 10 times better that year. And look at him this year. Ghetto's challenge will be to be consistent. And when your team improves, as right now, it makes perfect sense to give him all the chance in the world to succeed, he will have to be better than the other options you will have. I hope he does succeed.

Well, I'll temper expectations on Andrighetto of course, but saying he's 10 times the player that Martinsen is really isn't that big of a stretch :laugh:

Then again, I just think Martinsen is awful.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Well, I'll temper expectations on Andrighetto of course, but saying he's 10 times the player that Martinsen is really isn't that big of a stretch :laugh:

Then again, I just think Martinsen is awful.

And already a healthy scratch for us. Though the way Dwight King is playing, might not be for long. Martinsen really looked great during his 1st game. But I guess his main goal will also to find some consistency. If he ever can.

Dont leave. Stay. We never get visitors. I hope Martinsen does well for you guys. I like ghetto's speed.

:laugh: No biggie. Will be here from time to time. Even more fans in the Bruins fanbase like me 'cause I try to stay as objective as possible. So I didn't think the AVS fanbase wouldn't mind my opinion....

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
And already a healthy scratch for us. Though the way Dwight King is playing, might not be for long. Martinsen really looked great during his 1st game. But I guess his main goal will also to find some consistency. If he ever can.

:laugh: No biggie. Will be here from time to time. Even more fans in the Bruins fanbase like me 'cause I try to stay as objective as possible. So I didn't think the AVS fanbase wouldn't mind my opinion....

Outsiders who can contribute and make a contribution to the boards are more than welcome, and I know you're a good poster from the Habs board, so you're more than welcome here.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Still wish we managed to get Hudon somehow instead but I'm still pretty happy we managed to get an NHL quality player for Martinsen.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Andrighetto looks top 6/9 or bust to me (much like Grigs) if the team is running 3 somewhat offensive minded lines. I don't see much of a future for him in a traditional bottom 6 type roll.

Thankfully, for now and likely next year the Avs look to be in short supply of people to supplant him. Getting anything for Martinson is a perk.

member 116861

Still wish we managed to get Hudon somehow instead but I'm still pretty happy we managed to get an NHL quality player for Martinsen.

Increasing our total to 10 although with Duchene playing the way he is, maybe the number is 9.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Andrighetto looks top 6/9 or bust to me (much like Grigs) if the team is running 3 somewhat offensive minded lines. I don't see much of a future for him in a traditional bottom 6 type roll.

Thankfully, for now and likely next year the Avs look to be in short supply of people to supplant him. Getting anything for Martinson is a perk.

Disagree, I think he's the perfect depth player. Move him around the lineup as needed, he's a full effort guy, and the offensive skill is definitely there. I wouldn't even be surprised if he played a lot of top-6 minutes next season, he's a good player.

Grigorenko isn't a good comparable since he's a floater most of the time. It's obvious the skill is there, but the effort isn't.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The additions this team has made this year should prove how important speed is. Guys like Nieto, Andrighetto and Barbario should not make as big of an impact on an NHL team as they have on the Avalanche. When the team are as bad and as slow as the Avs are that impact is substantial though.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Ghetto seems exactly like the type of player we'll love for the remainder of the season, extend for two years, then ***** about til he's gone.

Still, I don't see any way you cut him loose. We don't really have any better options for depth.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Disagree, I think he's the perfect depth player. Move him around the lineup as needed, he's a full effort guy, and the offensive skill is definitely there. I wouldn't even be surprised if he played a lot of top-6 minutes next season, he's a good player.

He's a waiver player just like the player he was traded for.

How many guys do we have to see start strong when coming to the Avs and then settle in to their normal level of play before we quit projecting them to suddenly be more than they were elsewhere?
Colborne, Wagner, Everberg, Martinson, Pajamas, Skille, Cliche, etc, etc, etc.
I for one have seen enough to wait a bit before locking him into the desired roster.
I've had my share

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Any of our French members want to check this out and let us know if there's anything interesting in there?

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC

Any of our French members want to check this out and let us know if there's anything interesting in there?

~70% of the behind-the-scenes footage is in English, worth a watch even if you don't speak a lick of French. Nothing too exciting but interesting to see nonetheless.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Best part is Bergevin sitting cross legged with those Hamburgler socks, telling Sven to expect a call from Joe Sakic. :laugh:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Hudon is not for sale, we haven't even seen what he can do yet. To call Ghetto an NHL quality player is a far stretch. Great AHL player though.

He's looked like an NHL quality player thus far, though it has been a small sample size. But he's looked better in the games he's played than Martinsen did in 2 years here

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Hudon is not for sale, we haven't even seen what he can do yet. To call Ghetto an NHL quality player is a far stretch. Great AHL player though.

He's NHL quality. I'd bet my life savings I've seen him more than you. Not high NHL quality, but NHL quality.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I've seen him play every single NHL game he has played so i'm willing to accept that bet.

Yo gonn' lose that bet son.

Although if you watched him play a lot when he was with the Bulldog's you probably have seen him more. I'd say I've seen 90-95% of his pro games since 2015 though.

But yeah you got yourself a player in Charlie Hudon. The rest of the NHL doesn't know it yet but he's one of those guys who just knows how to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad