Confirmed with Link: Martinsen to Montreal for Sven Andrighetto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
He's a waiver player just like the player he was traded for.

How many guys do we have to see start strong when coming to the Avs and then settle in to their normal level of play before we quit projecting them to suddenly be more than they were elsewhere?
Colborne, Wagner, Everberg, Martinson, Pajamas, Skille, Cliche, etc, etc, etc.
I for one have seen enough to wait a bit before locking him into the desired roster.
I've had my share

It could be a fluke but some waiver players just need a change in scenery. Look at Byron waived from Calgary to Montreal 20 goals this season. Andrighetto was mismanaged here and has the potential for even better results. Great pick up for you guys.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Ghetto had a good stats in junior ,i know he played with Kucherov but lot of people said Ghetto was better. I think he can help Avs for the futur as top 6 or in a third line with greer and Compher. One guy with some talent is not a luxe

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Not every player can be a superstar. You don't have the money to keep them all. If Andrighetto can prove to be a cheap complimentary option in the top-6, I'll be more than happy with him. He seems to enjoy playing with MacKinnon and Rantanen and they seem to like him, too.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Not every player can be a superstar. You don't have the money to keep them all. If Andrighetto can prove to be a cheap complimentary option in the top-6, I'll be more than happy with him. He seems to enjoy playing with MacKinnon and Rantanen and they seem to like him, too.

Yep... even if he is just a stop gap until some kids develop. Andrighetto isn't going to ever be a great player, but he allows that line to work. The biggest shame is that the Avs should have claimed Andrighetto on waivers in October.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
There are very few NHL top 6's made up of 6 bonafide top 6 players. Even on great teams there will always be 1 or 2 depth players filling those roles. If Andrighetto has to be one of those for us it isn't a bad thing.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Andrighetto will hopefully be viewed as the replacement for Mike Gregorako's roster spot (who should not be on the Avs next season).

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
At worse he would be the prefect stop gap so guys like Jost can get proper development. This guy should have been picked up off waivers way back when. I have a soft spot for small, fast, talented players. That's why Maxim Afinogenov was one of my favourite players growing up.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
At worse he would be the prefect stop gap so guys like Jost can get proper development. This guy should have been picked up off waivers way back when. I have a soft spot for small, fast, talented players. That's why Maxim Afinogenov was one of my favourite players growing up.

Every time I see that name I hear Rick Jeanneret's "Maxiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmm Afinogenovvvvvvvvvvv"

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

Afinogenov is 6'0 - almost 190lbs...not exactly small especially 10 years ago. Average-slightly below average size but yeah, he didn't look big on the ice. He's still playin' too.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
If Ghetto can get stronger with the puck and make it harder to knock him off it, he could make a career in Denver as a #5-#6 winger who puts up 20-20 numbers. He has the skill for it. It's just at times it's like a gust of wind will knock him off the puck.

The better player went to Colorado so there's no way you can lose that trade.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Afinogenov is 6'0 - almost 190lbs...not exactly small especially 10 years ago. Average-slightly below average size but yeah, he didn't look big on the ice. He's still playin' too.

Yah hes not pigmy small like Cliff Ronning but smaller I guess haha . I usually root for the small fast guys to do well. Its real easy to cheer for Sven on this team.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
If Ghetto can get stronger with the puck and make it harder to knock him off it, he could make a career in Denver as a #5-#6 winger who puts up 20-20 numbers. He has the skill for it. It's just at times it's like a gust of wind will knock him off the puck.

The better player went to Colorado so there's no way you can lose that trade.

Ghetto needs to watch how Johnny hockey does it. Johnny aint strong but hes pretty damn good at protecting the puck. Hell, Johnny might be better at protecting the puck than almost anyone on our team.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
As someone who follows european hockey closely, you don't need to be too smart to conclude that Andrighetto is more skilled player than Martinsen, I actually was suprised that we got him for relatively low price.

Reactions: Bubba Thudd

exeswiss

Jun 8, 2013
it's funny looking back in this thread as andrighetto was marked as "waiver-dump" or "too bad for top 6, not fit for bottom 6".
amazing how the tone changed about him.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
it's funny looking back in this thread as andrighetto was marked as "waiver-dump" or "too bad for top 6, not fit for bottom 6".
amazing how the tone changed about him.

That might still be the case. Even if he keeps up his current play, I think people might sour on him after he gets a top six contract.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He has warts still, but undeniably he is getting results out there. That line would be a disaster if not for him, hopefully one 29 and 96 get going we can have two dangerous scoring lines.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
As someone who follows european hockey closely, you don't need to be too smart to conclude that Andrighetto is more skilled player than Martinsen, I actually was suprised that we got him for relatively low price.
If someone who didn't follow hockey watched Andrighetto and Martinsen they could probably tell you which of the two was more skilled.

That trade is looking laughable now.

Reactions: pukovnik

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
If someone who didn't follow hockey watched Andrighetto and Martinsen they could probably tell you which of the two was more skilled.

That trade is looking laughable now.

It was always a moronic trade. Best case scenario for Habs was that they traded a top line AHLer for a 3rd line AHLer. Now it looks like they traded an NHL forward for a 4th line AHLer. The only ones defending the trade back when it was made was the ''Moar Tuffness'' brigade on the Habs forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad