Confirmed with Link: Martin Jones traded to San Jose for 2016 1st round draft pick and Sean Kuraly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
The Dougie trade comes into focus based on the Saad trade yesterday. Chicago got wind that Pitt was going to offer sheet him, so they deal him to a division rival instead of getting a similar package from the Pens. B's did the same thing to Edmonton. Apparently, its how GM's are going to police each other.

markrc99

Jun 28, 2015
Foothills of W ME.
For San Jose, hopefully they got the player they wanted, but this looks like a really good deal for the Bruins. This is interesting:
"Once Boston acquired Martin, we had a discussion so they were very aware of our interest," said Wilson, adding that he talked with the Bruins on the draft floor in Florida." http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_28407091/report-sharks-trade-goalie-martin-jones
It could be fair to assume that the Bruins knew what sort of value Jones would yield prior to making the trade. Those who have speculated that this was a three-way deal, may be onto something. Perhaps it isn't relevant but can anyone confirm whether Jones even made the trip back east? Anyway, for those of us who have no idea who Sean Kuraly is, this is a recent piece:
"... Miami of Ohio coach Enrico Blasi said that center Sean Kuraly ... will stay in school for his senior season next year. Blasi sang the praises of Kuraly, whom he called a “horse,†and noted that the 22-year-old will be the RedHawks’€™ captain this season. The Bruins are aware of Kuraly’€™s intention to stay in school. After the Bruins got Kuraly and San Jose’€™s 2016 first-round pick for goaltender Martin Jones, former Blue Jackets general manager Doug MacLean tweeted that Kuraly was a “stealâ€Â for Boston and that he is an NHL-ready player." http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/b...ins-prospect-sean-kuraly-will-stay-in-school/
So his coach, a former GM and obviously the Bruins FO all see the same thing. Kuraly's not just something the Sharks threw in, he's a good prospect!

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
For San Jose, hopefully they got the player they wanted, but this looks like a really good deal for the Bruins. This is interesting:

It could be fair to assume that the Bruins knew what sort of value Jones would yield prior to making the trade. Those who have speculated that this was a three-way deal, may be onto something. Perhaps it isn't relevant but can anyone confirm whether Jones even made the trip back east? Anyway, for those of us who have no idea who Sean Kuraly is, this is a recent piece:

So his coach, a former GM and obviously the Bruins FO all see the same thing. Kuraly's not just something the Sharks threw in, he's a good prospect!

i love it, i heard he can flat out fly

EDIT: silly article but take it for what its worth "San Jose Sharks: 5 Signs Sean Kuraly Will Be Next Superstar"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ks-5-signs-sean-kuraly-will-be-next-superstar

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
what's doug maclean's angle on kuraly? he's not pimping low level prospects for no reason.

I've heard that Kuraly's parents had a "LOVE DOUG MacLEAN" day at their home where they bought a cake, put a Burger King crown on his head, and gave him a $25 gift certificate to Hooters.:laugh::sarcasm::laugh:

Last edited:

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
CI0fsQQXAAA-zWV.jpg:large

Smooth this out a bit and make the face bigger and this would be gold :)

Eh, too much effort? :laugh:

pucky

Jan 11, 2011

How is it a good deal for the Bruins?

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
How is it a good deal for the Bruins?

A potential lottery pick 1st and prospect for a guy that was going to be our backup and needed a contract. Calgary was rumored to be threatening an offer sheet which was a realistic possibility considering 3 million for a backup is too much with a 7 million starter.

It's absolutely a great deal for the Bruins.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
A potential lottery pick 1st and prospect for a guy that was going to be our backup and needed a contract. Calgary was rumored to be threatening an offer sheet which was a realistic possibility considering 3 million for a backup is too much with a 7 million starter.

It's absolutely a great deal for the Bruins.
Lottery pick? Is SJ going to suck that much? Jones is pretty good... if anything, they upgraded in goal and probably make the playoffs next year.

I guess you can argue it's a good deal but I don't see it... yeah, the 3 mill. is a lot but he's a #1 calibre goalie and at 3mill per, that's not bad.

In today's NHL, I think it's proven that it's good to have a 1a and 1b goalie tandem.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Lottery pick? Is SJ going to suck that much? Jones is pretty good... if anything, they upgraded in goal and probably make the playoffs next year.

I guess you can argue it's a good deal but I don't see it... yeah, the 3 mill. is a lot but he's a #1 calibre goalie and at 3mill per, that's not bad.

In today's NHL, I think it's proven that it's good to have a 1a and 1b goalie tandem.

Name 1 Stanley Cup winner with a real 1a and 1b in the last 10 years.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA

Well SJS's 1a and 1b tandem has a combined 83 games played, even less than that started, and they just picked 9th overall last season. I think its definitely worth the gamble.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Looks like another trade we were on the losing end of...

#JustSayin'

Oh, stop.

We traded a relatively unknown and inexperienced goalie for a 1st round pick. That's a great trade.

Also - 4 games. 4 stinking games. Let's wait, say, 15 before we start making ridiculous assumptions.

San Jose has also been playing great and has a significantly better defense than the Bruins.

So while there are a lot of things to complain about, this ain't one of them.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
San Jose is just a much better team than we are, with a much more experienced blue line. Martin Jones is excelling right now, because the Sharks are playing very well.

The Sharks always start fast, I find, and then go into hibernation for a while in the fall. Marleau always starts out like he's going to score 50 goals in 39 games, and then turns into a passenger from November to February.

They'll regress eventually, because they are not this good. And Jones' performance will too.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Shoulda coulda woulda. Let's see what other posts from months/years ago we can revive to prove that the sky is falling FCOL.:shakehead

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I love this board, how much have we complained about Seguin, JB and Hamilton trades here during the last few years?
That why do we have to keep trading away our star/elite players and yet here we are after 3 games demanding all kind of trades, mostly concerning our top/elite players :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad