Proposal: Martin Gernat has earn 5 game within Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PumpkinBombX

Jan 29, 2009
I wish Nurse could play for the Oil Kings.

I feel like every one of their D have developed well beyond their draft position from playing in that organization. (Pysyk, Reinhart, Lowe, Gernat, Musil) I think we should be targeting Mayo this year. (I think this is his draft year?)

I love how Gernat and Musil always take the puck from the boards to the middle where they have the highest scoring chances in the offensive zone.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I wish Nurse could play for the Oil Kings.

I feel like every one of their D have developed well beyond their draft position from playing in that organization. (Pysyk, Reinhart, Lowe, Gernat, Musil) I think we should be targeting Mayo this year. (I think this is his draft year?)

I love how Gernat and Musil always take the puck from the boards to the middle where they have the highest scoring chances in the offensive zone.

A lot of great players have played for the Greyhounds, most noteably Wayne Gretzky and Paul Coffey. I don't think there were any decent defenders in the last few years though. In the OHL I think Niagara is the best for defensemen.

PumpkinBombX

Jan 29, 2009
A lot of great players have played for the Greyhounds, most noteably Wayne Gretzky and Paul Coffey. I don't think there were any decent defenders in the last few years though. In the OHL I think Niagara is the best for defensemen.

I'm more speaking about development instead of talent.

keegan lowe is a good example. At his draft he was never going to play in the NHL. Since then he's developed to the point where i think he'll have a long sucessful career.

Gernat plays a different game, but was developed incredibly by the Oil Kings. A 5th rounder should rarely ever play over 40 games in the NHL. (In the current league) He might, and i think it's due to the development of the Oil Kings.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
I'm more speaking about development instead of talent.

keegan lowe is a good example. At his draft he was never going to play in the NHL. Since then he's developed to the point where i think he'll have a long sucessful career.

Gernat plays a different game, but was developed incredibly by the Oil Kings. A 5th rounder should rarely ever play over 40 games in the NHL. (In the current league) He might, and i think it's due to the development of the Oil Kings.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread.

A little early to say that though isnt it? Not one of them including Pysyk has made it to the NHL as a regular yet so it's really hard to say that the development here was all that great or out of the ordinary.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
We have too many defense men

It seems to me that we too many defense men playing for NHL and AHL spots. Especially left defense men

It is sufficient to say that these guys will be in NHL

Ference J.Schultz
Smid Petry
N.Schultz Potter
Grebeshkov Larssen

And in the AHL

Marincin Fedun
Belov Davidson
Klefbom Gernat
Hunt Musil

It could be awesome to trade Nick Schultz for the center man. Dollar for dollar trade.
We need one more proven center. Later in the season we should move also one of the Potter or Larssen if it seems palusible to elevate Gernat to play top 4 role in OKC

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
It is sufficient to say that these guys will be in NHL

Ference J.Schultz
Smid Petry
N.Schultz Potter
Grebeshkov Larssen

And in the AHL

Marincin Fedun
Belov Davidson
Klefbom Gernat
Hunt Musil

I am willing to bet that Belov is in the NHL to start, and he's ahead of Grebeshkov on the depth chart. Belov was one of the best D men in the KHL last year, while Grebs was arguably one of the worst.

While it pains me to think Grebs will be in the NHL after the way he played that last game, he probably will, and I think it's a battle between Potter and Larssen to stay up.

But man, OKC could be a powerhouse defensively if these guys play to 80% of their potential this year. There are a lot of guys to choose from when injuries set in for cups of coffee on defense.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
Gernat and Musil were sent down to OKC. It seems to me that they can end up rotating betwwn third pairing and PB in OKC. Another option is ECHL. I am not great fan of ECHL so sending them back to juniors is better option.

We do have a lot of depth in our defense forces. Maybe one or two defense man can be traded for fillilling the needs somewhere else

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
Echl

And now Gernat along Musil are in Bakersfield. Both of them have uphill ahead of them to make it NHL or at least Oilers

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
nice one.

We have quite many prospects and long term contracts whose upper ceiling is between number 4 to PB defense man:

Smid
Ference
Larsen
Fedun
Belov
Marincin
Davidson
Klefbom
Nurse

So Gernat and Musil are among 11 guys competeing for 4 spots or among 9 guys to compete for 3 spots because Klefbom and Nurse can be top3 defense men

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
Gernat is number 2 in OKC

Gernat has developed well and plays in the top pairing with Fedun in OKC ahead of Grebeshkov. :handclap:

I think that he needs to add some meat to his body to compete in NHL . I would keep him and Marincin as a top pairing next year in minors.

oilers83

Feb 14, 2008
Gernat has developed well and plays in the top pairing with Fedun in OKC ahead of Grebeshkov. :handclap:

I think that he needs to add some meat to his body to compete in NHL . I would keep him and Marincin as a top pairing next year in minors.

What's the depth chart down there look like?

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
What's the depth chart down there look like?

Per Eric Rogers (‏@ericrsports) these were the pairings for last nights game:
Gernat-Fedun
Davidson-Hunt
Klefbom-Musil

edit:
and here they are for todays game:
Grebeshkov-Fedun
Davidson-Hunt
Klefbom-Musil

:laugh:

Last edited:

oilers83

Feb 14, 2008
Per Eric Rogers (‏@ericrsports) these were the pairings for last nights game:
Gernat-Fedun
Davidson-Hunt
Klefbom-Musil

edit:
and here they are for todays game:
Grebeshkov-Fedun
Davidson-Hunt
Klefbom-Musil

:laugh:

Thanks, I'll have to follow that guy.

So much for the Barons being a place to play our young kids. Add it to the list of BS they have been spewing.

Alex87

May 26, 2008
Edmonton

So much for the Barons being a place to play our young kids. Add it to the list of BS they have been spewing.

So you readily admit you have no idea what the depth chart down there looks like, but are quick to call out the organization when one player is inserted for another, just because one is a vet and the other is a prospect? Not very open minded of you, is it? Wouldn't hurt you to watch some games before being this quick to criticize.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007

They rotate the players through, Gernat gets his fair share of ice time.

oilers83

Feb 14, 2008
So you readily admit you have no idea what the depth chart down there looks like, but are quick to call out the organization when one player is inserted for another, just because one is a vet and the other is a prospect? Not very open minded of you, is it? Wouldn't hurt you to watch some games before being this quick to criticize.

Sorry, I don't follow every aspect this organization is associated with. I better start looking at the Bakerfield Condors broadcast schedule.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Sorry, I don't follow every aspect this organization is associated with. I better start looking at the Bakerfield Condors broadcast schedule.

Or just take it easy with the wild assumptions...

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

It was a 3 game in 3-day situation. I bet they rested a different d-man each game to spread it out. Based on recent results, he sounds like he is at least top 4 on the team now which is awesome considering he started somewhere between 7 and 10 on the farm, including an ECHL start.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
He has developed well. Taste of NHL would do good for his development. After trading deadline he should be called up for the short stint. We should move as many defenseman as possible prior to deadline(to make room for Fedun&co): Potter, Belov Larsen and Nick Schultz. It is always demand of d men when contending clubs prepare for the post season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad