Confirmed with Link: Martin Brodeur to retire; will remain with Blues front office

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yikes!

And people thought I was bad for ripping Zubrus to shreds all season long.:shakehead

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
So its my fault for having higher standards for number retirement then most. Its got nothing to do with the Man. He is the greatest of all time in my eyes.

What more could Marty have done to come up to the standards you speak of.

If your just speaking of a set of rules then there are hundreds of players that fit the rule, thus taking away fans being able to enjoy a player that brought the team many years of success.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The point is if the standard is the player didn't retire with the team. Then some of the greatest players of all time in all 4 major north american sports would not be retired and celebrated by the teams where they spent the majority of their time and being one of the main reasons for that team's massive success.

It is just a weird standard to have.

GhostofKenKlee

So its my fault for having higher standards for number retirement then most. Its got nothing to do with the Man. He is the greatest of all time in my eyes.

I don't like calling out fans and or for that matter, out of town fans. But if this isn't sarcasm, Wow is all I have to say.

GhostofKenKlee

The point is if the standard is the player didn't retire with the team. Then some of the greatest players of all time in all 4 major north american sports would not be retired and celebrated by the teams where they spent the majority of their time and being one of the main reasons for that team's massive success.

It is just a weird standard to have.

SEVEN games tainted him. :shakehead

NJRockinRoller

May 14, 2014
Not your entire career.

Marty has done it all in my list to have his number retired except retire with the devils. As i said i dont care he left the devils were moving in a different direction. I just wish he signed a contract to become a devil again at least for one day then retire.

I think what he's saying is that the whole St. Louis press conference with Al MacInnis and Blues banners behind him didn't sit well and I agree. He did not mention the Devils or New Jersey or any reference to the organization once in that presser which you really can't do unless it's intentional. I mean if you're talking about your career at all you would mention NJ in passing.

Still, to this day, there has yet to be an acknowledgement that I am aware of towards NJ regarding his retirement and career ending. There have been a few quotes given to this reporter or that, that's fine. But the St. Louis press conference was a noticeable shot at the Devils and if it wasn't intended to be than I don't know what the heck happened.. And if it wasn't intended to be there has been no effort to correct it. He showed up at 95 weekend which was nice.

Does that mean you don't retire 30? No, of course not. But I understand what he's getting at with the "retire a Devil" idea. It's not about the 7 games in STL, but I think when guys do come back for press conferences it is a nod to a city and a place and NJ did not get that here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad