Rumor: Martin Brodeur leaving St.Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
because it means more of the same philosophy and I want a change.

Honestly we assume that but how do we really know? Wirtz's kid was nothing like Dollar Bill, Hal Steinbrenner is a lot more rational than George and Stephen Jones is the only reason Jerry didn't waste a first rounder on Manziel.

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
Why the hell would anyone want Brodeur in a management role? Let him work his way up from the CHL if he is serious.

I think Brodeur is smart enough to do it if he spends some time learning the in's and out's ..let's not forget the guy used to negotiate his own contracts without an agent, he's already been at the negotiating table before.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I think Brodeur is smart enough to do it if he spends some time learning the in's and out's ..let's not forget the guy used to negotiate his own contracts without an agent, he's already been at the negotiating table before.

garth snow has decently after a heavy criticism early on

im confident marty would do fine given the chance

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Marty 'now' has more front office experience than Snow did when he first became GM.

Tanaka

Aug 15, 2014
who knows, Maty might become a good GM. Does anyone know if Yzerman had any GM or AGM roles before tampa?

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
I like the idea of MB working under Lou for however long he continues.

I think Marty has a good progressive view in the new NHL. Just look at his comments comparing NJ and St. Louis style of play. He knows the new NHL and the old one.

NJD Kula

THE SPITFIRES LINE
Jan 16, 2009
По&#1082
www.rshl.org
If Marty becomes GM and follows the Yzerman model it wont be for another 4-5 years. I can see him as A.GM for a couple of years and running Hockey Canada tournament rosters and such. If Lou doesn't bounce by around 2018 then some other team will snatch him up. Groom him to be GM if that's really something he wants.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Why the hell would anyone want Brodeur in a management role? Let him work his way up from the CHL if he is serious.

Exactly.

It's this, "HOF career nepotism" that's ruined several NHL franchises. Or at least put them through a decade of hell.

I have no idea WTH anyone thinks Brodeur is even remotely qualified to saunter into a GM role anytime soon. HFBoards tomfoolery at it's finest.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Marty's not getting a GM job THIS offseason, at least not here. People mostly want Marty to apprentice under Lou.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Marty's not getting a GM job THIS offseason, at least not here. People mostly want Marty to apprentice under Lou.

Ya I am not sure where this idea that he would just come in and run things with no experience came from. He would come in as an assistant and get mentored for years before taking anything over.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Gotta start some where. Players have gone from retirement to management in the past and i believe Marty can if he wants.

Bring him on as an Asst. GM does that for a couple years then promoted to GM while Lou keeps the President title for a year depending on how Lou feels. I do agree with an earlier post that Chris Lam plays a part. Another thing about Chris, if the guy had the skill to be a good GM i cant imagine that someone somewhere in any league across North America wouldnt have come calling for him already.

However he(Chris) started out as a scout i believe he might be more in-line to take over for Conte when he is ready to go.

But this is all speculation because once Lou decides to leave the whole damn thing could get changed up. You will need a President and whatever else.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Gotta start some where. Players have gone from retirement to management in the past and i believe Marty can if he wants.

Bring him on as an Asst. GM does that for a couple years then promoted to GM while Lou keeps the President title for a year depending on how Lou feels. I do agree with an earlier post that Chris Lam plays a part. Another thing about Chris, if the guy had the skill to be a good GM i cant imagine that someone somewhere in any league across North America wouldnt have come calling for him already.

However he(Chris) started out as a scout i believe he might be more in-line to take over for Conte when he is ready to go.

But this is all speculation because once Lou decides to leave the whole damn thing could get changed up. You will need a President and whatever else.

Conte added his son to the scouting staff before last season even though he had no playing nor coaching experience at a high level of hockey.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Conte added his son to the scouting staff before last season even though he had no playing nor coaching experience at a high level of hockey.

I dont think that matters. This is all stuff that is going to happen sooner rather then later and i dont think Conte's son would really be in the running at the moment.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I dont think that matters. This is all stuff that is going to happen sooner rather then later and i dont think Conte's son would really be in the running at the moment.

He's not in the running for anything but it demonstrates an unhealthy practice of nepotism within the Devils hockey ops.

Would you rather have an experienced and quality scout or Conte's son evaluating college and junior players?
https://twitter.com/jeremyconte

http://www.jeremyjamesphotography.com/#/contact-bio-rates

Last edited:

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
He's not in the running for anything but it demonstrates an unhealthy practice of nepotism within the Devils hockey ops.

Would you rather have an experienced and quality scout or Conte's son evaluating college and junior players?
https://twitter.com/jeremyconte

http://www.jeremyjamesphotography.com/#/contact-bio-rates

If it's true he's a New England scout does that mean he found Miles Wood because if so that's not a bad find.

But in the grand scheme of things I would prefer not to have Conte's son or someone in the current department.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
If it's true he's a New England scout does that mean he found Miles Wood because if so that's not a bad find.

But in the grand scheme of things I would prefer not to have Conte's son or someone in the current department.

Maybe he found him via a photography shoot? :sarcasm:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Already being discussed in the team thread, plus this isn't a particularly accurate thread title now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad