Speculation: Maroon to STL + Gunnarson

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
Total speculation here but I would assume that Maroon hasn’t signed yet because he is waiting to see if STL will be able to clear cap for him. His family is from here so I would assume the obvious attraction and I honestly wouldn’t mind a big body like Maroon if he would take a tad HT discount.

Would probably need to move Gunnarson to make it happen. Anyone interested in a slightly used Carl Gunnarson?

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Why would you move Gunnarsson? He is a very solid D, doesn’t make much, very good on the PK and we need proven depth. Especially to get Maroon, who adds a bit of size and what else? After the injuries to our D last season they shouldn’t be moving anyone until/unless the young players prove they can be solid in the NHL.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
Why would you move Gunnarsson? He is a very solid D, doesn’t make much, very good on the PK and we need proven depth. Especially to get Maroon, who adds a bit of size and what else? After the injuries to our D last season they shouldn’t be moving anyone until/unless the young players prove they can be solid in the NHL.

I threw Gunnar’s name out there because after looking I don’t really see any other realistic options outside of him Bou or Steen and I think they value Steen a lot more and getting someone to bite on Bou right now may deem to be rather tough.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
If they cleared cap by moving a defenseman, they'd still have to move a forward to make roster space. Making two trades or trading two players to overpay Maroon is a stretch at best.

One/Two of Nolan, Sund, or Barb could start in San Antionio.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
One/Two of Nolan, Sund, or Barb could start in San Antionio.

All three of them would have to because the team still has Tarasenko, Schwartz, Schenn, O'Reilly, Steen, Perron, Bozak, Fabbri, Thorburn, Thomas, Sanford, Soshnikov, and Jaskin.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
I threw Gunnar’s name out there because after looking I don’t really see any other realistic options outside of him Bou or Steen and I think they value Steen a lot more and getting someone to bite on Bou right now may deem to be rather tough.
I was more using your posts to express my thoughts, as opposed to calling you out.

Reactions: Senko1291

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Total speculation here but I would assume that Maroon hasn’t signed yet because he is waiting to see if STL will be able to clear cap for him. His family is from here so I would assume the obvious attraction and I honestly wouldn’t mind a big body like Maroon if he would take a tad HT discount.

Would probably need to move Gunnarson to make it happen. Anyone interested in a slightly used Carl Gunnarson?
Never cared for him

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB

Knowing how important Anthony (his son) is to him...I wouldn't be at all surprised if he took a bit of a discount to be in St. Louis

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
I was more using your posts to express my thoughts, as opposed to calling you out.

Oh I know. No harm. Just throwing an idea out there. I guess I guess I didn’t realize we have all these bodies now. Probably would deem tough to make room for him on the roster. Who knows.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Last I read he either wants to be an Oiler or a Blue - neither team can afford him so he’s waiting for cap to get cleared up.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Unless he wants to play on the 4th line or Fabbri is no longer an NHL'er. There isnt any room in St. Louis now. Our wings are Schwartz, Steen, Fabbri and Sosh on the left and Tarasenko, Perron, Bozak/Thomas and Thorburn on the right. We dont have space

Reactions: 67Blues

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016

"The Blues are making a hard push to sign UFA forward and native St. Louisan Pat Maroon. Maroon’s camp is staying patient and weighing their options and a deal does not appear imminent . #stlblues"

Reactions: BA Carroll

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife

If you retained half of J-Bo or even a third you'd save somewhere from Gunnar's salary-3.5 and I don't think you'd have trouble finding a taker for one year

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
But Bozak is literally one of the league's top faceoff men and I don't think has ever played winger
Doug Armstrong mused about sliding Orielly to the left with and putting Thomas between him and Tarasenko. Oreilly> Bozak

Again....besides the point. Both wings of the the Blues are loaded with better players then Maroon outside of the 4th line. I dont see how St. Louis is a destination

Reactions: brokeu91

trevorftw

Voice of Reason
Sep 7, 2009
Saint Louis
Jaskin and gunner out to make room for maroon? I think Jaskin could net a modest return, or maybe entice a team with a lot of cap space to take on bouwmeester.

Glad Maroon has some patience because there's no reason Army should sign him prior to Edmundson.

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
If you retained half of J-Bo or even a third you'd save somewhere from Gunnar's salary-3.5 and I don't think you'd have trouble finding a taker for one year

The issue with both of them, is both are coming off major surgeries so I don't know how many teams are lining up for that chance and that why I've been so against trading away Parayko in all those rumors. Would be nice to do but what value is there, you likely right now based on injury getting a low end prospect or a later round draft pick. You won't get much else at this point. Maroon isn't bad I get why there is interest because he can score goals. If he was the guy two years ago thats a 20+ and I know he had 17 last season. I get the Blues idea of getting guys that have offense and I know coming home would be what he wants. I don't see it as a deal breaker for the team at the moment. I look at the Blues right now as a playoff team and long they go into the season healthy. If they ADD Maroon is just insurance.

Brozak is likely going to be third line Center which will make the line very good. We have to keep in mind Thomas NEVER played an NHL game. Even if he plays Center for a year at 4 line, I'm ok with just to get his feet wet.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Jaskin and gunner out to make room for maroon? I think Jaskin could net a modest return, or maybe entice a team with a lot of cap space to take on bouwmeester.

Glad Maroon has some patience because there's no reason Army should sign him prior to Edmundson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad