Player Discussion Maroon Appreciation Thread

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
D86S-duXYAAVTGJ.jpg:large

Wish I could "like" a post more than once!

McSomnii

why u no change oil
Nov 3, 2012
Little Houston, AB
Literally logged in just so I could like the photo of Maroon holding the Stanley Cup over his head.

I rather liked the man during his time as an Oiler, and I'm glad that he was able to help his hometown team win their first-ever cup.

Reactions: Aerrol

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Man I love Maroon. He wears his heart on his sleeve and he absolutely won me over a couple years back when he got emotional talking about his son with Gene. Have to respect the big guy.

I’d love to have him back to play with Connor but if he stays in STL that’s more than fine with me.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
A storybook ending to the year for a soft spoken warrior. He will al aye be missed but for his sake I hope he gets to stay close to his son .

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
With 13 (14) Canadian players on the Blues, I was happiest for this American born player the most. But good job on all of them! I should go see the cup when Pietrangelo brings it here (about 15 minutes from my home).

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
This is wrong.

He didn't really have a choice.

He tried holding out for the coin and then realized he wasn't worth it.

He was fixated on St Louis the whole time and limited his options. His agent definitely dropped the ball for him, but he still was gonna only take what he could get from 1 team for non-money reasons.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Came here to say couldn't happen to a better person. He's the definition of a "playoff warrior" his game and mentality just lends itself to playoffs. We need players like that.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Love what Maroon said post game about old time hockey beating speed. He had karma on his side taking less from StL to stay with his son than more from NJ and Az. Hope the Blues re-sign him to a deal.

It’s amazing to think that the Blues were 1-2 games away from blowing it all up. Berube should get a statue for the turn around he orchestrated.

Reactions: B33K33PING

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

What a beautiful picture. Thank you for reposting.

The only thing better is if they boarded the plane and came home to STL with Jersey still on as in "we didn't want to take them off"

But man, Maroon, smart suit, sharp dressed man.

Is ROR going all seventies in that unbuttoned shirt? lol at his on air comments. Seems like a nice guy as well.

Really like that the Blues got this, and the way they got it. It should be hard to win the cup and the Blues had to go through hell and back to get it. They deserved it. They showed how deep you have to dig to get it.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Really like that the Blues got this, and the way they got it. It should be hard to win the cup and the Blues had to go through hell and back to get it. They deserved it. They showed how deep you have to dig to get it.

Really? Sorry, but they're a team I have paid literally no attention to at any point in my life. I usually don't even watch the games that they play against the teams I like (sort of a Minnesota Wild effect), what did they have to overcome? I don't remember seeing that they were down 3-0 in any of their series, they're a perennial playoff team (so not an underdog in that respect), they played one of the weakest first round opponents in the Jets and played the San Jose Choke-jobs in the Conference Finals. I'm not critiquing your opinion, I'm just wondering exactly what it was that was "hell"? Again, I didn't watch any of their games, so I'm not one to comment, just interested. Also, not saying they don't deserve it either. I'm sure they do considering that the finals was a 7 game series.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Maroons kid is probably the most popular in that school lol. Happy for maroon to win it for his home has gotta be something else

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad