Maroon Appreciation Thread

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
We've had GMs come in and say that addressing the physicality of the club was a huge priority, and they all basically failed. Then Chiarelli comes in and largely solves these issues with minor deals and waiver pickups. FML we've been mislead all these years. It's not as hard as they made it out to be.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
We've had GMs come in and say that addressing the physicality of the club was a huge priority, and they all basically failed. Then Chiarelli comes in and largely solves these issues with minor deals and waiver pickups. FML we've been mislead all these years. It's not as hard as they made it out to be.

Different is, Chia has a clue on good players and not. The other two idiot GM's thought Smithson was a good player and the other was a bigger idiot for telling people that Schultz had norris potential, that Nikitin was a top four d man, and how he gave Petry away for peanuts.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011

I think there was numerous factors that allowed Chiarelli to scoop Maroon. One of which is Maroon having a rough year.

I absolutely fell in love with him this game as well but its early and we should temper our excitement a little bit.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
A much meaner/more physical but poorer skating Penner. As long as he isn't played with 2 slower forwards his lack of speed shouldn't burn us too often. I loved how he manhandled two Flyers tonight. Between him and Kassian out there we saw guys like Fayne and Sekera giving guys the business after the whistle. Say what you will about fighting, intimidation, etc. but it was obvious that our team was playing much bigger than usual tonight. Now add Gryba to the mix and :)

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I think there was numerous factors that allowed Chiarelli to scoop Maroon. One of which is Maroon having a rough year.

I absolutely fell in love with him this game as well but its early and we should temper our excitement a little bit.

Maroon has been playing like this for years. Ducks are clueless getting rid of this player. If Kings, or Sharks beat the Ducks this year in the playoffs Maroon is one of the reasons why.

He's very hard to play against. What team doesn't value players like that in the lineup?

McDeathbyCheerios*

A much meaner/more physical but poorer skating Penner. As long as he isn't played with 2 slower forwards his lack of speed shouldn't burn us too often. I loved how he manhandled two Flyers tonight. Between him and Kassian out there we saw guys like Fayne and Sekera giving guys the business after the whistle. Say what you will about fighting, intimidation, etc. but it was obvious that our team was playing much bigger than usual tonight. Now add Gryba to the mix and :)
Hell i saw Fayne jump a guy in front of our net. Fayne!

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Maroon's a freaking beast. I'm loving this guy. So fun to watch a guy like that just wreck ass whenever he feels like it. :handclap:

If he keeps it up, I might have to get a Maroon jersey.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Yep. Except with guys like Maroon the fighting isn't really even required that often. We got a real nucleus of tough players now to deal with and as I stated everybody else playing bigger as a result.

Its players like Maroon, Kass, Gryba, that open up space out there. love all of them but Maroon is the best.

lol still at Flyers bouncing off him. One sequence where two Flyers tried to clobber him with a check and Maroon just standing there as they bounce off..:laugh:

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
I love how we got rid of the biggest ***** on the team, wearing #19 and replaced it with already one of our toughest. Was this a favour by the Ducks? What am I missing here?

McDeathbyCheerios*

Yep. Except with guys like Maroon the fighting isn't really even required that often. We got a real nucleus of tough players now to deal with and as I stated everybody else playing bigger as a result.

Its players like Maroon, Kass, Gryba, that open up space out there. love all of them but Maroon is the best.

lol still at Flyers bouncing off him. One sequence where two Flyers tried to clobber him with a check and Maroon just standing there as they bounce off..:laugh:
Its what I imagined happened to guys who tried to fight Andre the Giant

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Maroon's a freaking beast. I'm loving this guy. So fun to watch a guy like that just wreck ass whenever he feels like it. :handclap:

If he keeps it up, I might have to get a Maroon jersey.

The best part is he's grinning the whole time. Ever get a punch in and he's still grinning. Lol at him fighting two Flyers at once and winning on the counts..he was clobbering the one guy with jabs while handling the other guy. :popcorn:

This is fun.

old time hockey

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

That was awesome. Loved watching him with a Flyer on each arm too. Just rag dolling two grown men. :laugh:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Its what I imagined happened to guys who tried to fight Andre the Giant

Youtube it. Theres some good moments. Yeah, Maroon and Buff are probably among the strongest planetary objects in the NHL solar system and both can play.

What a great Maroon goal.

Gets his own rebound after hitting post. Pots it home. Nobody can budge him.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Youtube it. Theres some good moments. Yeah, Maroon and Buff are probably among the strongest planetary objects in the NHL solar system and both can play.

What a great Maroon goal.

Gets his own rebound after hitting post. Pots it home. Nobody can budge him.
I was thinking about PROPER pp combos.

Maroon - McDavid - RNH
Yakupov - Davidson

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I was thinking about PROPER pp combos.

Maroon - McDavid - RNH
Yakupov - Davidson

Yep. Yak is really covering back on D a lot too. Not sure if people noticed the play where he shutdown Schenn on the wing. Or was it Giroux. One of those guys. Yak was the only one getting back.

But he can play point now and has really grown some defensive awareness in his game.

Maroon is good in front of the net but could work some more on his touch around there. Got one tonight but has been cold there.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
ah, but imo there could have been some similar situation to Maroon's with those other GMs but they just didn't notice or take advantage. It seems unlikely that the one year we get Chiarelli, a veteran GM with a reputation for physical players, is the year that we get players like Maroon and Kassian and for it to be mostly coincidence.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Maroon has a job opportunity as a great big Irish cop when he retires, if he's so inclined. Just has to grab a couple bad guys in headlocks and take 'em down to the station for booking.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
ah, but imo there could have been some similar situation to Maroon's with those other GMs but they just didn't notice or take advantage. It seems unlikely that the one year we get Chiarelli, a veteran GM with a reputation for physical players, is the year that we get players like Maroon and Kassian and for it to be mostly coincidence.

I think guys like that have always been there. You just have to have the right person looking for them.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
-insert Mr McMahon/Shane O Mac gif-.

Chai O'Mac

Chai.gif

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Maroon has been playing like this for years. Ducks are clueless getting rid of this player. If Kings, or Sharks beat the Ducks this year in the playoffs Maroon is one of the reasons why.

He's very hard to play against. What team doesn't value players like that in the lineup?

Most Ducks fans were either disappointed or confused, especially after seeing the return for him.

A great sign, but again I am sure there is a bit more to this trade then meets the eye.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008

This apparently came from Murray and Chia talking a lot - Chia had been laying the groundwork, saying he was looking out for certain player types and Maroon was one of them.

I think it was at least Implied that Murray phoned Chia after they got McGinnnand said they needed to move a forward.

Originally Posted By*

Super impressed with this pick up. Guy is an absolute machine, and the style of hockey he plays is the epitomy of playoff hockey. Wicked, wicked, wicked acquisiton and I love how he defended anyone wearing an Oil Drop.

The kind of player you win playoff games with, honestly love this guy already.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This apparently came from Murray and Chia talking a lot - Chia had been laying the groundwork, saying he was looking out for certain player types and Maroon was one of them.

I think it was at least Implied that Murray phoned Chia after they got McGinnnand said they needed to move a forward.

Apparently the Ducks felt they have more than enough heavy players and wanted to get some more speed to balance their lineup.

The opposite of us. An excess of toilet paper and a lack of stones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad