Maroon Appreciation Thread

nightfighter

Aug 31, 2008
That's the one.

They wanted him to leave his wife behind but he would only leave the hat.

One good thing to come out of Nillson. Other than his wife I mean..

Here's the costume actually:

tumblr_nwjxkcxRFL1sznyklo1_1280.jpg

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
I'm absolutely amazed at this guy's positive attitude. I know I'd be upset if I went from a playoff to a team at the bottom of the standings, but Maroon seemed genuinely excited about getting a new challenge. Not a lot of people have that kind of character.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
13 points in 15 games.

Clearly loves the Oilers and being here, guys like Maroon are so important to have in the locker room. Big, tough guy that can make people laugh. He's shown a scoring touch at every level he's played at.

He's a perfect influence on McDavid and someone Edmonton fans will always appreciate on our team. What a beauty.

**** yeah, I want him on McDavids wing all day. Good character guy, has size and good hands for a big fella. Exactly what we needed, great influence on 97. Surround our Captain and franchise with big, strong, and loyal grown men who will play with heart.

97 makes everyone around him better. He is the Edmonton Oilers. Having a guy like Maroon as his loyal wing man who I have no doubt will go to ****ing war for 97 is perfect.

Slap an 'A' on him next year.

MinisterOfSinister

Aug 31, 2008
Didn't Maroon, in a post game scrum after after a loss in just his... Second maybe third game, point out how guys need to keep their heads up and battle like it's your last shift? Caught me off guard, in a good way, that someone new in the locker room looks around and thinks "wtf where's the pride?"

Absolutely love his game, love his attitude, and there is a big opportunity for him here. He keeps it up (not sure if he can sustain his production, would love to be wrong but regardless) and you will see a pile of Maroon sweaters in the stands.

McHilman

Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton
I have always liked him but every time I see him play and hear him speak, he moves up another level. What a beaut!!

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Well, thanks for the clutch goal tonight and getting that dink Dorsett thrown out. Incredible debut in Oilers silks this year, can't wait to see him with a full year beside McDavid.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Really hope he seizes the opportunity and has an awesome fitness summer and works on skating.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
What a pickup lol.

Signed for 2 more freaking years, and we're only paying him 1.5 million :laugh:. Hopefully Chiarelli can pull a couple more of these moves off in the summer. Maroon could come in and put up 25 points next year and it's still good value on his contract. Imagine if he puts up 40-50 or more playing with McDavid?

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I think the Maroon pickup will symbolize the turnaround of the Oilers fortunes when the dreadful MacT/KLowe era is a sad, distant memory.

A smart, fundamentally sound hockey trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad