Speculation: Marner Mega-Thread: Part I

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
I'm only talking to you not everybody:rolleyes:
In a public forum. One that people also read. On a popular thread/topic

You really need to think before you talk in the future

Anything else off topic you want to waste people’s time on? Again, I’m all for discussing it if you ever feel brave enough to actually address the points I brought up

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
In a public forum. One that people also read. On a popular thread/topic

You really need to think before you talk in the future

Anything else off topic you want to waste people’s time on? Again, I’m all for discussing it if you ever feel brave enough to actually address the points I brought up
I gave you my thoughts on the situation already but thanks for the advice. Not trading 90-100 point Marner for Makar and a mystery box or letting him go for draft picks

Last edited:

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
I gave you my thoughts on the situation already but thanks for the advice. Not trading 90-100 point Marner for Makar and a mystery box or letting him go for draft picks
So a big no for actually discussing the topic

Got it

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
What's there to discuss? We clearly don't see this situation the same at all
Yay, I get to copy paste the post I made points in that you ignored all of because you got triggered... again

Well then...

Really, Dubas would not trade for a top 5 pick in a good draft with lots of top end talent, and the young two way, cost controlled defenseman that is trending to #1 D quality sooner over later?

All in exchange for a headache, cap sucking winger who may well regress to under a point per game next year?

When Toronto’s biggest need is both defense and cap flexibility?

Hey, it’s easy to frame it the other way, too

Here’s the neat thing. You have Leafs fans that see 4 mid to late firsts as a better return than paying Marner certain amounts

That would never touch acquiring Makar and the 4th OA

That’s all I’m saying

Seriously. Last chance. Reply to the points I am making or walk away if you really can’t or are too stubborn.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Sign Marner trade Matthews to Arizona. Trade Marleau, Zaitsev, and Brown. Sign Johnsson+Kapanen and let Gardiner+Hainsey walk. Give Rosen+Borgman+Bracco a spot.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Yay, I get to copy paste the post I made points in that you ignored all of because you got triggered... again

Well then...

Really, Dubas would not trade for a top 5 pick in a good draft with lots of top end talent, and the young two way, cost controlled defenseman that is trending to #1 D quality sooner over later?

All in exchange for a headache, cap sucking winger who may well regress to under a point per game next year?

When Toronto’s biggest need is both defense and cap flexibility?

Hey, it’s easy to frame it the other way, too

Here’s the neat thing. You have Leafs fans that see 4 mid to late firsts as a better return than paying Marner certain amounts

That would never touch acquiring Makar and the 4th OA

That’s all I’m saying

Seriously. Last chance. Reply to the points I am making or walk away if you really can’t or are too stubborn.
I doesn't matter how many times you post this I don't agree and no Dubas wouldn't trade Marner for that. He can address needs in other trades not involving a 22 year old who already is close to 100 points a season. I'm sorry your so triggered that someone disagrees with you

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
I doesn't matter how many times you post this I don't agree and no Dubas wouldn't trade Marner for that. He can address needs in other trades not involving a 22 year old who already is close to 100 points a season. I'm sorry your so triggered that someone disagrees with you
So not even an attempt to talk about the points I brought up, or even really the topic

Just the simpleminded, nonsensical reply of “I disagree”

Over, and over, and over...

Okay, I officially give up since you only seem interested in trying to save your ego here. Here, have whatever last word you need to get you through this

Last edited:

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019

An AAV of 11 for 8 years wouldn't be the end of the world but I hope Dubas could bring it down a little.
Hopefully no teams comes and offers more than 10.5, doubt that happens though

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010

An AAV of 11 for 8 years wouldn't be the end of the world but I hope Dubas could bring it down a little.

If it's 8 years 10.5 -11.0 works for me. We can and we will :yo:

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

8 years 11 million will be garbage deal for the leafs. That's a 1-1.5 million overpayment. Only good thing is term. If we can move zaitsev, Marleau, than perhaps we can give Marner the extra 1ish million

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
8 years 11 million will be garbage deal for the leafs. That's a 1-1.5 million overpayment. Only good thing is term. If we can move zaitsev, Marleau, than perhaps we can give Marner the extra 1ish million
Marner was never getting under 10 per year so for 8 years and buying up those free agency years it's fine

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Marner was never getting under 10 per year so for 8 years and buying up those free agency years it's fine
Sadly this is probably true. All comparables point to marner deserving 9.5 over a 8 year deal(with draisaitl being his main comp). I was fine with 500k extra to give him double figures. Hoping it's not 11 and he gives us a bit less. 10.5-10.75 would atleast give us some cap savings

Reactions: 93gilmour93

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad