Proposal: Marner LiLjegren for OEL

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Not these crazy trades to Toronto for OEL. I just wonder if folks realize that has just 1.5 years till he's a UFA. Can't OEL or Doughty or Tanev be traded to any other team besides the Leafs? Guess not.

I know Leaf haters think Leaf say no for without reason. But I haven't scene trades to other teams that strip that team of their young players.

Reactions: leospaceman3434

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Not these crazy trades to Toronto for OEL. I just wonder if folks realize that has just 1.5 years till he's a UFA. Can't OEL or Doughty or Tanev be traded to any other team besides the Leafs? Guess not.

I know Leaf haters think Leaf say no for without reason. But I haven't scene trades to other teams that strip that team of their young players.

Its probably cuz 95 percent of these threads are started by leaf fans.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
OEL is exact player leafs should target.

Realistic trade would have to involve Matthews..wonder if Mathews and Liljegren for OEL and Strome.

Great hockey trade for both team Matthews would love to play at home. Leafs get best player in deal, and add Strome
lol brace yourself

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Marner and Liljegren is one of the very, very few OEL proposals actually worth looking at from a Coyotes perspective.

I bet it is, John Chayka would be fired if he said no. Good Grief. I would do Lilligren, kappy and a first for OEL. Maybe add a second and something else. I'm not sure I would do Marner straight up.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Leaf fans shudder at the thought of Marner. So I can only imagine what the reaction if Liljegren were included.

The Leafs might be better off assembling a capable defense behind a high-powered offense (i.e., the Pens). Meanwhile, the Coyotes should seek a better return for OEL.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
wait leafs fans really wouldn't do this? jesus
surprisingly they arent gonna abandon the plan for the right to pay OEL 10+million in a year and a half

If the leafs really are gonna go after a #1dman they wait a year and target any of Karlsson/Doughty/OEL at the deadline when they are all pending UFAs

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
See? There's an example of a proposal that's not interesting. Very illustrative. Thank you! :)

what do you expect? That's how trades happen. No one gives up their core pieces to a rebuilding team. Toronto is in win now mode. The only deal Arizona is gonna get is for futures. The onlt team I can see offering Roster players is maybe Detroit.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
surprisingly they arent gonna abandon the plan for the right to pay OEL 10+million in a year and a half

If the leafs really are gonna go after a #1dman they wait a year and target any of Karlsson/Doughty/OEL at the deadline when they are all pending UFAs

Leafs need a reasonably priced RHD. Doughty is the only player fitting that need, but for how much? He's likely to command upwards of $10M per this would cause Cap Problems with extending the younger core.

John Carlson, WSH should be the player they target. He's still young at 27, big 6'3" and 215 lbs.

John Carlson - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
OEL is exact player leafs should target.

Realistic trade would have to involve Matthews..wonder if Mathews and Liljegren for OEL and Strome.

Great hockey trade for both team Matthews would love to play at home. Leafs get best player in deal, and add Strome
Lol....Oilers could also use OEL, i wonder if McDavid gets talks started?

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Not a change. One thing that is always being overlooked in this thread, Chayka isnt trading OEL unless he is certain hell walk as a FA. So, with that being said, do fans really believe that a GM will trade full pop+ knowing that they can wait a season and a half until OEL walks?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Not a change. One thing that is always being overlooked in this thread, Chayka isnt trading OEL unless he is certain hell walk as a FA. So, with that being said, do fans really believe that a GM will trade full pop+ knowing that they can wait a season and a half until OEL walks?

I think those teams that are most comfortable with extending OEL at his ask/likely ask will be the team's most prepared to pay up to ensure it never goes to free agency. Regardless, AZ has done a great job structuring contracts to ensure they have $ available for an extension.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I bet it is, John Chayka would be fired if he said no. Good Grief. I would do Lilligren, kappy and a first for OEL. Maybe add a second and something else. I'm not sure I would do Marner straight up.

Of course you would.

I would do Juulsen, Hudon and a first for OEL. Maybe add a second and something else.

See what I did here?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
what about a 48 point sophomore and an average 1st rounder for a young #1?

average 1st rounder, is 2nd in dman scoring from last draft in the best league out of all those dmen. Oh and 2 years younger than the next dman in the AHL

edit: should clarify 2nd in scoring NHLe

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
OEL-the Number 1 D the leafs lack..
for
Marner-Had great chemistry with Dvorak & Domi in Jr. adds more skill upfront
liljegren-lots of potential to be a rushing d to help replace the loss of OEL

I dont think OEL goes to the leafs , the islanders make the most sense, they have the assets and the spot , Im not saying leafs dont have the assets, but the ld side for the leafs is stacked rn with the likes of reilly and such , islanders best ld is leddy who can slot down

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
lol brace yourself

brace himself, like you agree with his terrible take? Matthews is far more valuable than OEL in reality Arizona has nothing they could add to OEL to make the leafs even think about. Matthews is that valuable.

Also the leafs D is fine we are top 10 in the league with that D and have 2 very good d prospects ready to come in very soon, we will stick to the rebuild rather than overpay for 1.5yrs of OEL

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Too much from Toronto. I like OEL but I wouldn't trade Marner at this time when his value is a lower, and Liljegren.

I've always had the belief that the Stanley Cup can be won without a #1D and the Pens proved it last year. I'd rather let Marner and Liljegren develop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad