Proposal: Marner+Liljegren+1st for Alex Pietrangelo+5th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Usually u seem like one of the more sane Leafs posters but u seem mad right now. I just skimmed through read post yet but ill say Gaudreau's stats easily proved he his better player. And i watched some games of Matthews and his defense is meh so not really an advantage to him when Gaudreau gets more steals. And if u ever watch Monahan u would see that their playstyles are almost identical. Matthews career high is only 5 points higher than Monahan's.
Oh Jesus Christ.....
Monahan 244 points in 393 games....71PPG
Matthews 132 points in 144 games .91PPG

GTFO with Matthews=Monahan.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Steep price, but have to think Leafs fans would realize very quickly the value of a true #1D. Pietrangelo would possibly be their best skater, or at least their most important.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
aUsually u seem like one of the more sane Leafs posters but u seem mad right now. I just skimmed through read post yet but ill say Gaudreau's stats easily proved he his better player. And i watched some games of Matthews and his defense is meh so not really an advantage to him when Gaudreau gets more steals. And if u ever watch Monahan u would see that their playstyles are almost identical. Matthews career high is only 5 points higher than Monahan's.
matthews has only played 2 seasons in the nhl whereas monahan has played 5. in both seasons matthews point totals were in the 60's. he was a ppg player this season while monahan has never been a ppg ever in his 5 seasons. this was his closest season in being a ppg player, and he was still 10 points off of that mark. monahan also plays with an elite player while matthews plays with a very good player and a decent player.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Pitreangelo about to get paidddddd soon. Not what we need right now. Marner with his RFA status should net him a couple million less per season then AP.
-
Matthews and Marner are the closest players to untouchable.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
matthews has only played 2 seasons in the nhl whereas monahan has played 5. in both seasons matthews point totals were in the 60's. he was a ppg player this season while monahan has never been a ppg ever in his 5 seasons. this was his closest season in being a ppg player, and he was still 10 points off of that mark. monahan also plays with an elite player while matthews plays with a very good player and a decent player.
Matthews is better but the styles they play is very similer.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Plus, Rielly got half his points on the PP on a very strong offensive team, while the Blues had a below average offense and poor PP. Rielly's value isn't close to Petro's so what is your point?

And still do.

Leafs fans are becoming insufferable in a hurry. Kind of reminds me of Red Sox fans circa 2004 but at least they waited til after they won a championship to get cocky.

Nothing like a f***ing baseball reference on a hockey forum to show your depth of NHL knowledge.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Lol flames fans are so salty and depressed...so much hate in your posts.. Hey at least u acquired half of the Hurricanes and their coach so playoffs should arrive in your city in.. 5 years?
How successful has your favorite team been in the playoffs in recent memory?

Reactions: flamesforcup

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
And still do.

Nothing like a ****ing baseball reference on a hockey forum to show your depth of NHL knowledge.

Not really. They added some good players and much needed depth. The third line last year was a complete black hole and was absolutely pathetic. This year that will be a different story, plus adding ROR, Perron, Fabbri, Bozak and potentially Thomas will help a great deal.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Also - Pro Tip - Never get super high or super low on your team. You have been in the basement before and will be again. Don't get a big head when you suddenly have a decent team because you will just end up looking like an ass when you fall back down to the basement.

Less they get relocated, then you can get super low, until you get an expansion team and can try and keep that balance again...

Until the next relo.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'm sure the Blues would love to trade their #1RHD for someone who would be their 2nd line RW....

That's cute, in Marner's sophomore year he outscored Tarasenko this past season. If you want to specifically place him on the 2nd line fine, but don't act like there is any gap between Marner and Tarasenko. Both are 1st line players, end of story.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
And still do.

Nothing like a ****ing baseball reference on a hockey forum to show your depth of NHL knowledge.

How do you know they still have a below average offense and PP? Blues are adding ROR, Perron, Bozak, Fabbri, Maroon, Thomas and possibly Kyrou to their lineup.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
That's cute, in Marner's sophomore year he outscored Tarasenko this past season. If you want to specifically place him on the 2nd line fine, but don't act like there is any gap between Marner and Tarasenko. Both are 1st line players, end of story.

I very explicitly stated he would be their second line player, and not that he was a second line player. try to keep up.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

Marner is a 22G scorer and Tarasenko is a 40G scorer

Reactions: Colt55

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
This thread is killing me, man.

Me too, I laughed so hard at that one post I got some funny looks from my co-workers. Luckily my weekend begins in less than an hour so I'll probably still have a job Monday. This thread though ... I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

And again to STL fans - Pietrangelo is awesome, totally understand why you guys wouldn't want to do this trade, seems like most of you understand why it wouldn't be a good idea for us either. Good luck this season, I am very interested to see how Bozak works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad