Proposal: Marner+Liljegren+1st for Alex Pietrangelo+5th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Same reason your in a thread that has nothing to do with the Flames bashing on Matthews maybe?

And to your "shutdown by Boston" point...the last time your super hero Gaudreau was in the playoffs, the Flames were swept in 4 with Mr Perfect notching an amazing 2 assists...i guess that's a **** ton better than Matthews 1 goal and 1 assist against Boston?
Hmm but he still won a series didnt he? And he can actually put up points against top lines unlike Matthews.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think the Leafs would be smart to keep cool for now unless they can get another D somehow. They are building something there that could be great if they dont get ahead of themselves. I see this trade as getting ahead of themselves.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
LOL Matthews is not even top 15 in player value in the league. Hes a glorified floater.

I know I've been around here long enough that I should know the answer to this but - is it this ridiculous around here every year when school's out?

I don't want to read all of this, but I do have to know....

We still cool Leaf fans?

I'm rooting for you guys to have some playoff success for sure, been doing that for a while and some stupid thread started by a MTL fan ain't gonna change that even if there some moronic comments ITT by STL fans. Hey I'm still a Laine fan, that should tell you something (those FIN fans post at a whole other level).

Reactions: Dbrownss

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
He cant hold Gaudreau's jock strap. Theres a reason ur team has never made it past the first round cause Matthews chokes when it actually gets competitive. Id compare him more the Monahan. Hes not in Gaudreaus league
matthews and co. have only played two seasons and have been the underdog against their opponents. pretty hard to make it past the first round under those conditions. they were a period away from a second round appearance. as for playoff appearances, where were gaudreau and monahan against the ducks in 2017? monahan had no even strength points against the ducks and finished the series with a -4. pretty bad for a 1C. he is a low end 1C, so much isn't expected out of him i'd imagine. no show guadreau didn't help the cause either, as he only had 2 points, both on the powerplay, and finished the series with a -4. as for your monahan comparison, its absolutely hilarious. monahan is heavily inferior to matthews. monahan's stats get propped up by playing with gaudreau. he isn't even a mid-tier 1C, let alone a franchise forward, like matthews. he's a weak defensive player that doesn't even face the toughest competition. the only thing going for him is his good shot, and has yet to score 40 goals like matthews. monahan had less even strength points than matthews despite playing more games. monahan has 138 goals in 5 seasons while matthews 74 in 1 and 3/4 seasons. that more than half is less than a 1/3 of the games. monahan will probably never hit ppg in his career, depsite playing with gaudreau, and is a 60 point player in a full season. matthews hit 60 points while playing 3/4 of the season. he will get 80 points if he is healthy next season, something monahan has yet to do and will likely never do. he hasn't even hit 70 points in 5 seasons in the nhl. as a rookie, matthews had more than double the points that monahan did in only 7 more games (34 vs 69). in matthews first playoff series against washington, he had 5 points, 4 goals mind you, in 6 games. gaudreau had 4 goals in his playoff debut, but he did it in nearly double the amount of games. monahan had 1 more points that matthews, but again he did it in nearly double the amount of games. monahan had half of his points on the pp, as did gaudreau. gaudreau had less even strength points than matthews in his playoff debut. matthews is a tier above gaudreau

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Hmm but he still won a series didnt he? And he can actually put up points against top lines unlike Matthews.

Yes, he did....4 years ago. Then he missed the playoffs....then he was swept in 4 scoring a whopping 2 assists.......then he missed the playoffs.....

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
what does that have to do with the Tea in China. We are talking petro-marner not tavares. No one is underating marner. We just not trading Petro for him. Also we shall see how these two teams play each other then and only then can you have bragging rights. Good luck to you and your team see you in a few months.
Marner with Tavares > Marner with Bozak and JVR
A ppg+ 21 year old winger would be reaching Tarasenko value. You think that combined with a blue chip prospect and a first is worth 2 years (would be 1 year after that) of Petro?

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
This has nothing to do with Petro or what I was responding to.

Blues have had a lot more success than the Leafs in recent years.
Another silly post, The Leafs roster has been together basically for two years, the Matthews and friends era is still really young and anything is possible.

The Pietroangelo era... well that act is proving itself inept.

Again, these are simple things to grasp.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
When u say anything negative about the Leafs on this site the hive comes out to attack u. While u guys can believe the hype ur media spreads ill stick to facts. Which is that the last time u guys won a SINGLE series no one on earth had an iphone.
well since you know that the hive comes to attack you, you should probably not agitate the hive. another thing, you haven't provided any stats whatsoever. my long paragraph that i reasoned to you with was full of stats, but you probably didn't even read it because you don't understand what half of it means due to poor reading comprehension.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
When u say anything STUPID on this site the hive comes out to attack u. While u guys can believe the hype ur media spreads ill stick to facts. Which is that the last time u guys won a SINGLE series no one on earth had an iphone.

FYP.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009

It's posts like this that make the Leafs fans the way they are. It's going to make them even more insufferable when they start winning in the playoffs, which they will eventually. Toronto has a good, young team and Matthews is elite.

I wouldn't do this from a Blues POV but that has nothing to do with the value coming back to St. Louis. Marner is an incredible hockey player but as someone ITT already mentioned, the Blues are much, much better when Pietrangelo is on the ice.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Marner with Tavares > Marner with Bozak and JVR
A ppg+ 21 year old winger would be reaching Tarasenko value. You think that combined with a blue chip prospect and a first is worth 2 years (would be 1 year after that) of Petro?
Its not. Sorry we have Tarasenko he scored 40 with Lehtera anyone who can do that is bound to be worth more with the likes of ROR. He was on fire with Schwartz and Schenn until Schwartz went down and Yeo moved him to Statsny line to split up scoring. Which was a mistake Statsny and Tarasenko had zero chemistry. Wouldnt be surprised if he hit 45g

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
well since you know that the hive comes to attack you, you should probably not agitate the hive. another thing, you haven't provided any stats whatsoever. my long paragraph that i reasoned to you with was full of stats, but you probably didn't even read it because you don't understand what half of it means due to poor reading comprehension.
Usually u seem like one of the more sane Leafs posters but u seem mad right now. I just skimmed through read post yet but ill say Gaudreau's stats easily proved he his better player. And i watched some games of Matthews and his defense is meh so not really an advantage to him when Gaudreau gets more steals. And if u ever watch Monahan u would see that their playstyles are almost identical. Matthews career high is only 5 points higher than Monahan's.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Lol flames fans are so salty and depressed...so much hate in your posts.. Hey at least u acquired half of the Hurricanes and their coach so playoffs should arrive in your city in.. 5 years?
If u wanna know how it feels to win a playoff series in the salary cap era u can ask. Ill tell u all about it

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Usually u seem like one of the more sane Leafs posters but u seem mad right now. I just skimmed through read post yet but ill say Gaudreau's stats easily proved he his better player. And i watched some games of Matthews and his defense is meh so not really an advantage to him when Gaudreau gets more steals. And if u ever watch Monahan u would see that their playstyles are almost identical. Matthews career high is only 5 points higher than Monahan's.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

OMG I can't stop laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad