Proposal: Marner+Liljegren+1st for Alex Pietrangelo+5th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
How about lets NOT trade Marner for a Dman. if were moving any of the 3 kids. its Nylander

Nylander isn't worth nearly as much imo.

If you want an absolute top dman (like a Subban, Doughty, Pietrangelo or other top 10-15 guys) - I think you need Marner, or Matthews. Of course though defenseman are never really up for trade - so you'd have to go after one an entice a team enough to make him available.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Pass as a Leafs fan. Would lo e to get that #1 RHD but that cost is beyond reasonable. Could anyone provide any kind of comparable trade to suggest that would be the trade value (really young top line winger, blue chip prospect, 1st rnder)?

Stacker29

Feb 17, 2015
This is one of the worst trade suggestions I've ever seen. I'd rather play shorthanded for the entire season than pay that insane price.

Thanks for trying? Ugh...if that is Pietrangelos price, let him stay in St Louis.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
Part of the reason Tavares signed was because he would be playing with Marner this season. Not a good look to sign him and then trade Marner in the same summer.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Leafs finally get a top pairing RHD and St Louis gets more elite talent up front.

So what? Pietrangelo has just two years left his term. This obsession with RHD, It's still just a Dman although just a good one. If Pietrangelo is worth five years of Marner, Liljegren who is RHD should be worth at least three first rounders.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Nylander isn't worth nearly as much imo.

If you want an absolute top dman (like a Subban, Doughty, Pietrangelo or other top 10-15 guys) - I think you need Marner, or Matthews. Of course though defenseman are never really up for trade - so you'd have to go after one an entice a team enough to make him available.

That's fine, we don't need to trade for an "absolute top dman".

I wouldn't trade Marner for Pietrangelo, never mind adding multiple prime assets to the deal. If Pietrangelo was 5 years younger and wasn't 2 years away from UFA status this might be an interesting theoretical discussion but as it is, just no.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Not that I think the trade is fair or that they should trade Marner but the one thing I have come to realize is that it could be any defenceman and leafs fans would never like the trade.

Haha you're probably right. I've been a Leaf fan for almost 50 years and there's never been a Maple Leafs I've wanted to trade less, perhaps Borje Salming but that's probably it. If Marner was traded for Seth Jones I could probably live with it but I can't think of any other Dmen and even Jones ... trading Marner for him might be a smart move but I'm not sure I could pull the trigger even on that.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
So are you saying pietrangelo (elite #1 dman) isn't worth a low first + a B prospect + a potential 1st line winger?

You must be insane

Blues say NO and block Toronto's number

So who is this "B" prospect. A junior aged Dman who played for the AHL Calder Cup winner? It's mostly about the term, Pietrangelo has just two years left till UFA. This RHD obsession is really obscene. Not blaming Pietrangelo, but have the Blues been that successful with all their "star" Dmen over the years, Shattenkirk, Boumeister, Parayko, and Pietrangelo.

I see your bio says "Nucks Nation". I guess you wouldn't take that package for Tanev either.

Reactions: Gary Nylund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad