Salary Cap: Marner contract discussion XVIII (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
The factor that people often overlooked is the nationality of the players.
For example, if they are Canadians and declare non-residency, they don’t need to get tax by Canada but rather only their place of residency.
Canadians can still sign up for rca’s though. Something the nba found to be such a DRAMATIC advantage that they banned Toronto from using them outright.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
To put this kind of money into perspective, let me offer this. I am one of 550 people that will be laid of in November from Thunder Bays Bombardier plant. These people probably make an average of 50k per year. Many are young and have mortgages, vehicle loans, and children. It's devastating for the community. I'm one of the very few lucky ones as I was employed there post retirement and have 3 other pensions coming in monthly. 9? 10? 11 million per year is worth fighting to the death over? The CEO of Bombardier makes that kind of money and he has to oversee a huge multinational company with 70,000 employees. Mitch can skate and pass the puck.
Damn that Marner for throwing those people out of work.
Greedy pig. No dollar spent by the leafs should be used to overspend on a home grown boy. It should be used to overspend on a player with a foreign residence. That is the Canadian way! That will ensure workers stay employed here

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Anyone bother to look at the RFA list left especially the forwards it's a veritable all star team ...none have signed.

I feel all are waiting on Marner..except maybe Brayden point, and possibly Raatenen

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Anyone bother to look at the RFA list left especially the forwards it's a veritable all star team ...none have signed.

I feel all are waiting on Marner..except maybe Brayden point, and possibly Raatenen

It’s a waiting game. Once one domino falls the rest will fall behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad