Marner amazing pass to Bozak

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
This thread is as ridiculous as when the Toronto media went nuts when AM broke a pane of glass with a shot. In practice yet...practice man, we talkin' about practice! Mind you it's the Toronto media, who is as insufferable as it gets.

The hockey world knows Leaf fans have had precious little to cheer about the past 50 years but we're getting a bit over the top here when an entire thread is devoted to one pass.

Marner is and will be a very good player. We get it already. Dial it back a bit Leaf fans.

There are threads dedicated to good passes a plays all the time.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
This thread is as ridiculous as when the Toronto media went nuts when AM broke a pane of glass with a shot. In practice yet...practice man, we talkin' about practice! Mind you it's the Toronto media, who is as insufferable as it gets.

The hockey world knows Leaf fans have had precious little to cheer about the past 50 years but we're getting a bit over the top here when an entire thread is devoted to one pass.

Marner is and will be a very good player. We get it already. Dial it back a bit Leaf fans.

Personally, I'd rather look at and discuss the rare beautiful plays than have yet another "X is overrated/underrated" or "Rank the best d-men"-kind of threads that pop up like weed around here. At least it's something new.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
There are threads dedicated to good passes a plays all the time.

I rarely venture here so I can't comment on that, but I've seen the pass and it's hardly something I can see an entire thread on. But it's from Leaf-land so it seems to me to be blown all out of proportion.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016

If you were in charge of what gets covered, the Matthews shot breaking a glass makes the news as well. It's all about ratings. They did not cover it because "Oh My God WE Love The Leafs" like so many of you think. People don't seem to understand how the media works.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Personally, I'd rather look at and discuss the rare beautiful plays than have yet another "X is overrated/underrated" or "Rank the best d-men"-kind of threads that pop up like weed around here. At least it's something new.

True but I just can't imagine a thread every single time there is a nice play.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I rarely venture here so I can't comment on that, but I've seen the pass and it's hardly something I can see an entire thread on. But it's from Leaf-land so it seems to me to be blown all out of proportion.

Yeah we need more important threads like players playing rock, paper scissors!(Which BTW deserves less media attention than Matthews' shot breaking glass)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If you were in charge of what gets covered, the Matthews shot breaking a glass makes the news as well. It's all about ratings. They did not cover it because "Oh My God WE Love The Leafs" like so many of you think. People don't seem to understand how the media works.

If you lived outside the center of the universe you'd see how over the top the Toronto sports media is, and yes I understand perfectly well how the media work. He broke a pane of glass and not only was it "news", it was front page lead off material for days in Toronto. Even AM was perplexed by the media's fascination about it.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Yeah we need more important threads like players playing rock, paper scissors!(Which BTW deserves less media attention than Matthews' shot breaking glass)

That was like shot breaking glass, at least some human interest. But it won't be front page lead off material for 3 days. It was an interesting twitter gif.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
If you lived outside the center of the universe you'd see how over the top the Toronto sports media is, and yes I understand perfectly well how the media work. He broke a pane of glass and not only was it "news", it was front page lead off material for days in Toronto. Even AM was perplexed by the media's fascination about it.

I lived outside of Ontario the first 23 years of my life. You guys who are critical of things like this don't get it. The rock, paper, scissors thing with Seguin got o much news from the media and had a thread here. Why does Matthews' shot deserve less attention and a belief from you that it's all about the media being Leaf homers?

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
That was like shot breaking glass, at least some human interest. But it won't be front page lead off material for 3 days. It was an interesting twitter gif.

Matthews' shot was not front page news for 3 days. You're horribly exaggerating. It was front page news for a few hrs and quickly forgotten.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I lived outside of Ontario the first 23 years of my life. You guys who are critical of things like this don't get it. The rock, paper, scissors thing with Seguin got o much news from the media and had a thread here. Why does Matthews' shot deserve less attention and a belief from you that it's all about the media being Leaf homers?

I think your just jealous that something non-Leaf oriented was made into a twitter gif. I'm sure Auston Mathews or Mitch Marner will cross a street successfully somewhere, solve Middle East peace or cure cancer and restore the Leafs rightful place to Toronto News Headlines.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

As someone who lives in Toronto I can tell you that just isn't true. But hey, keep that pity party going.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I think your just jealous that something non-Leaf oriented was made into a twitter gif. I'm sure Auston Mathews or Mitch Marner will cross a street successfully somewhere, solve Middle East peace or cure cancer and restore the Leafs rightful place to Toronto News Headlines.

Way to completely miss his point. Small random things make news, that's what the news is. It was hilarious and I am glad it got some air time, not a single person is jealous or complaining. Your complex is pretty sad.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Way to completely miss his point. Small random things make news, that's what the news is. It was hilarious and I am glad it got some air time, not a single person is jealous or complaining. Your complex is pretty sad.

TSN reports on broken pane of glass for three (3) days.
Player who breaks said pane of glass even perplexed by ongoing coverage.
Funny story of competing NHL players doing a r/p/s contest makes sports news (we agree there) now compared to TSN 3 days of detailed coverage of broken pane of glass to justify over the top thread of one (1) single pass.

My point is we outside of the center of the universe are fed a constant diet by the Toronto based sports media of pretty much every mundane thing that happens to the Toronto Maple Leafs, like Kessel eating a hot dog or hanging on and dissecting every word Babcock says.

I see a thread on a single pass here, and it's laughable.

Live out west and you'd figure it out in a hurry.

Anyway feel free to continue to enjoy your psychological analysis of others posts and I will remind myself to continue to enjoy ignoring the Toronto Sports Network and threads about the single marvellous things that Toronto players will continue to do. Talking with Leaf fans is like putting hot charcoals in my eyes and I went against my better judgement by commenting.

Alert us when Marner figures out interdimensional time travel or the space time continuum please.

Out, and enjoy your Leafs. Your media ensures that we do.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
That wasn't a pass, it was an attempted blind shot that missed and ended up on the stick of the guy who then scored. Still though, evidence that you should always try to shoot at the net if your in the vicinity and don't have another obvious play to make for a scoring chance.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
TSN reports on broken pane of glass for three (3) days.
Player who breaks said pane of glass even perplexed by ongoing coverage.
Funny story of competing NHL players doing a r/p/s contest makes sports news (we agree there) now compared to TSN 3 days of detailed coverage of broken pane of glass to justify over the top thread of one (1) single pass.

My point is we outside of the center of the universe are fed a constant diet by the Toronto based sports media of pretty much every mundane thing that happens to the Toronto Maple Leafs, like Kessel eating a hot dog or hanging on and dissecting every word Babcock says.

I see a thread on a single pass here, and it's laughable.

Live out west and you'd figure it out in a hurry.

Anyway feel free to continue to enjoy your psychological analysis of others posts and I will remind myself to continue to enjoy ignoring the Toronto Sports Network and threads about the single marvellous things that Toronto players will continue to do. Talking with Leaf fans is like putting hot charcoals in my eyes and I went against my better judgement by commenting.

Alert us when Marner figures out interdimensional time travel or the space time continuum please.

Out, and enjoy your Leafs. Your media ensures that we do.

OK everyone, now we know, no more threads for great plays, hits or anything else. Just endless banter about which player is better, who will score more goals or is X team a contender. Nothing about actual games, this isn't the place for it!

BTW, not taking a story down =/= front page news. It was also the off season. As someone who actually lives here, I can tell you I saw one article about it. We have more going on in the city that takes up actual front pages.

bursilym

Jan 9, 2014
Ok Im a leafs fan and I agree that he pretty much threw the puck in front of net kowing a couple teammates were crashign the net and got lucky that they actually connected. This is by far the most logical choice, unless marner somehow has gained superhero powers. I dont understand why some of the leafs fans here are being so defensive and insecure aboutthe issue when people are stating the most logical option. Calm down :laugh::laugh:

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Ok Im a leafs fan and I agree that he pretty much threw the puck in front of net kowing a couple teammates were crashign the net and got lucky that they actually connected. This is by far the most logical choice, unless marner somehow has gained superhero powers. I dont understand why some of the leafs fans here are being so defensive and insecure aboutthe issue when people are stating the most logical option. Calm down :laugh::laugh:

Is anyone thought? It was a good hockey play, as in he knew teammates would be there and put the puck to where they should be. Is that a pass? In my books yes, not sure what else you can call it. His intent was to put it near the net for his teammates, which is exactly what he did. It was a good pass that ended in a goal, end of story.

People are so ******** at anything good to come from the Leafs, no matter what it is.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Is anyone thought? It was a good hockey play, as in he knew teammates would be there and put the puck to where they should be. Is that a pass? In my books yes, not sure what else you can call it. His intent was to put it near the net for his teammates, which is exactly what he did. It was a good pass that ended in a goal, end of story.

People are so ******** at anything good to come from the Leafs, no matter what it is.

Quit with the drama ffs. Its not that anyone is mad/jealous/whatever. We're mostly just indifferent. Its that it non stop... look a pass how amazing! Look they scored its incredible! Look he broke some glass- wow! Like I said before... its like parent with a new child. They are fascinated by everything the baby does. Everyone else? Not so much

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Marner to Dvorak in the Mem cup. I'm guessing this was blind luck too:laugh:

Boom! There it is. You win the thread. Very very similar pass, and even Marner himself said he looked and saw Kadri/Bozak, but man, it's so obvious that many people are hell bent on discrediting anything good a Leaf player does.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
That wasn't a pass, it was an attempted blind shot that missed and ended up on the stick of the guy who then scored. Still though, evidence that you should always try to shoot at the net if your in the vicinity and don't have another obvious play to make for a scoring chance.

Did you see the video Atomos2 posted (see above post)? Was that "an attempted blind shot" too?

You're being completely ridiculous calling that a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad