GDT: MARLIES VS DEVILS - R2/G2 Friday May 6th, 2016/7:30PM/RogersTV/TSN1050

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I understand the need to balance the scoring but I would like to see Brown and Leivo play with Nylander. Two guys who can finish and good on the boards

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
I understand the need to balance the scoring but I would like to see Brown and Leivo play with Nylander. Two guys who can finish and good on the boards

I wouldn't mind Hyman-Nylander-Brown.

That actually has a chance at being an NHL line. Hyman has vaulted Leivo in the depth charts.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Alright, because of the format... I really do think tonight is a must win. I have faith that we can take 2 of 3 in Albany (I can't see us taking all 3), but if we're still down 3-2 heading back home... I like our odds much better up 3-2 since anything can happen in one game.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Soshnikov is a game changer and the only player of his ilk on the team. He will make a major difference tonight.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
May 6, 2016
Game 2 – Albany Devils vs. Toronto Marlies
Broadcast outlets: Rogers TV, TSN Radio 1050
Series record: Devils lead best-of-seven series 1-0

Albany Notes: The Devils eked out a 2-1 victory over the Marlies in Game 1 Wednesday, but they’ll be without a couple key centres Friday: neither youngster Pavel Zacha nor veteran Jim O’Brien are expected to be in the lineup for Game 2. Rookie winger Blake Pietila is believed to be making the shift to centre…Albany has killed off all 17 penalties they’ve been assessed in the 2016 post-season, including three Marlies man advantages Wednesday. They also have two shorthanded goals…Goalie Scott Wedgewood improved his individual numbers after the Game 1 win and now has a 1.75 goals-against average and .933 save percentage in five playoff games this spring.

Marlies Forward Lines and Defense Pairings (from May 4, per Leafs TV reporter Paul Hendrick): Marlies Notes: Goalie Antoine Bibeau hasn’t played since approximately halfway through Game 3 of Toronto’s first-round series against Bridgeport, when he was pulled in favour of Garret Sparks, but Bibeau is expected to start for the Marlies Friday. The 22-year-old was 1-0-0 in the opening round, with a .3.27 goals-against average and .886 save percentage…Centre William Nylander and winger Nikita Soshnikov, both of who missed Game 1 against Albany with injuries/ailments, are expected to be in the lineup for Toronto Friday. The two combined for two goals and three points against Bridgeport…Defenseman Connor Carrick is tied for top spot among all AHL playoff pointgetters with eight in four games…Winger Kasperi Kapanen – a healthy scratch in Game 1 of the first round, has three assists in as many playoff games.

Key Matchup: William Nylander vs. Devils defenders. Nylander hasn’t dominated in the post-season the same way he did for the Marlies in the 2015-16 regular-season campaign, but he’ll be raring to go Friday and is likely to see extended minutes at even strength and on the power play. Albany did a solid job of keeping Marlies shooters to the outside and letting Wedgewood get a clean look at the 32 shots he faced, but if Nylander can use his speed and vision to open up some ice and create quality scoring opportunities for himself and/or his teammates, the Devils will be forced to take more chances and give Toronto more looks in transition. In Nylander’s absence in Game 1 of this series, teammate and close buddy Kapanen was one of the Marlies’ more dangerous players, and if the two can recapture some of their magic from the regular-season, Albany will have a tough time answering back.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Obviously really want a Marlies win tonight.

With that said, I think we see Johnson next game if they lose.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Ummmm, what?

.82 GAA and a .975 save% in the playoffs.

Sparks was very shaky last game, let in a brutal goal (game winner) & generated a lot of the 2nd shots against by bobbling the pucks.

On another note. Connor Carrick looks like he's gone through a battle with Conor McGregor.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Dangle was speculating on his podcast yesterday and wondering if Nylander actually obtained his "sickness" at the world jrs, and this is a cover up. Said he found it odd that a player would miss a playoff game because of being sick, and that this same thing happened about 2 weeks ago.

So he was speculating if it was symptoms of his concussion resurfacing basically... Thought it was interesting and was wondering what other people thought, or if there has been any information released since then?

Glad to hears he's back for tonight tho, go marlies!

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Dangle was speculating on his podcast yesterday and wondering if Nylander actually obtained his "sickness" at the world jrs, and this is a cover up. Said he found it odd that a player would miss a playoff game because of being sick, and that this same thing happened about 2 weeks ago.

So he was speculating if it was symptoms of his concussion resurfacing basically... Thought it was interesting and was wondering what other people thought, or if there has been any information released since then?

Glad to hears he's back for tonight tho, go marlies!

I doubt the Leafs put Nylanders health & protocols behind the desire of getting him into an overly deep AHL roster.

canadon

Jun 25, 2015
Vaughan, ON
For those who are interested, Channel 63 on Rogers Cable has the game in SD (at least in the Vaughan area). I cannot find an HD version on Rogers (Channel 10 shows something else e.g.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad