Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Manitoba threw a lot of shots on net, but even the ones that were from in close were not very difficult stops. The Marlies had much better opportunities.
Nice, thanks. I didn’t watch but probably will today. I don’t mind perimeter shots. It’s the same thing with the Leafs when they’re humming; give up lotsa shots, but not many opportunities.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I know it would have taken up a contract spot but I wish the Leafs had signed Ho-Sang to a SPC before assigning him to the Marlies. He would have gone through waivers and would have bene available for call-up at any time.

Now if they sign him, he will have to go through waivers first and if he is playing really well, what's to stop Buffalo, Arizona or Montreal from grabbing him?

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Menell is listed on the Marlies roster but there was an earlier rumor he was maybe heading back to the K. Is he still in limbo then?

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Where was this rumour? I didn't see this.

This was in the Menell thread. Must be where I remember it from. It seems odd that he is sitting unless he is injured but I see his minors salary is $400k so no urgent need for him to lok east I guess.

Kshahdoo said:
Russian press say, SKA will sign him soon. It looks like he's going back to KHL.​

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
I know it would have taken up a contract spot but I wish the Leafs had signed Ho-Sang to a SPC before assigning him to the Marlies. He would have gone through waivers and would have bene available for call-up at any time.

Now if they sign him, he will have to go through waivers first and if he is playing really well, what's to stop Buffalo, Arizona or Montreal from grabbing him?
This isn't entirely true. It depends on what his AHL salary is right now. As far as I know it isn't listed anywhere. But if his salary is below 105,000 he doesn't require waivers after he signs a SPC. That is how interpreted the rule that was brought up anyways

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
This isn't entirely true. It depends on what his AHL salary is right now. As far as I know it isn't listed anywhere. But if his salary is below 105,000 he doesn't require waivers after he signs a SPC. That is how interpreted the rule that was brought up anyways
Oh wow. If that's true, that's great news.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
This was in the Menell thread. Must be where I remember it from. It seems odd that he is sitting unless he is injured but I see his minors salary is $400k so no urgent need for him to lok east I guess.

Kshahdoo said:
Russian press say, SKA will sign him soon. It looks like he's going back to KHL.​
Микко Лехтонен – в СКА! - ХК СКА Санкт-Петербург, 2021/10/17

Translation from @Tao Jones
Mikko Lehtonen joins SKA!
The SKA ice hockey club has signed a contract with the Finnish national team defender, world champion Mikko Lehtonen. The agreement is for four seasons and will be valid until April 30, 2025. Lehtonen moved to St. Petersburg as a result of an exchange with Jokerit, the Finnish club received the rights to defender Brennan Menell. In SKA Lehtonen will be number 46.

So whether there are talks of Mennell going back to the K or not, it won't be with SKA anymore, and in my purely speculative judgement, I would imagine they traded him in part because he is not planning on going back

Reactions: Magic Man

Zookeeper

Sep 15, 2021
Is anyone else’s stream freezing and not playing? I tried yesterday and tried other games today so far. Same issue. Really wanted to watch the game :(

kerk

Apr 27, 2009
Is anyone else’s stream freezing and not playing? I tried yesterday and tried other games today so far. Same issue. Really wanted to watch the game :(
my stream has been a little sketchy too (i'm using the android tv app). i'm hoping the issues solves itself eventually.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
i watched for like 5 minutes then i turned off the game, we were getting caved and robertson injured and ho sang not playing = no thanks

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Leafs liking Hollowell despite his performance not being good isn't going to help the not bias stuff.

I would be concerned if either were on the team next year. Rindell, Kokkonen, Niemela, and Villeneuve are all eligible to play for the Marlies. Kral and Rubins will likely be back. Then you have Menell, Duszak, and the ECHLers...

No room for a pair of offensive defensemen who are 0.5 PPG guys at best and can't play defense for their lives.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I would be concerned if either were on the team next year. Rindell, Kokkonen, Niemela, and Villeneuve are all eligible to play for the Marlies. Kral and Rubins will likely be back. Then you have Menell, Duszak, and the ECHLers...

No room for a pair of offensive defensemen who are 0.5 PPG guys at best and can't play defense for their lives.

That’s a lot of young guys coming. I dunno if we see all of them in the AHL. Some might start in the ECHL or be traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad