Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Robertson looks way more like a playmaker than a sniper at the NHL/AHL level. He does still have an elite shot, but he doesn't seem quite as good at utilizing it

Reactions: stickty111

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Excellent game by the Marlies today. Kallgren was solid when he needed to be. Really liked the two-way play for Seney-SDA-Anderson.

The bottom 6 didn't do much. Kopacka was good on the PK and Abramov/Gogolev made a few nice plays. Gabriel and Clune are pretty much useless, and I didn't notice Michaelis at all.

Defense was good overall but Hollowell is still really bad. Has very little offensive skill and no concept of defensive play. Completely lost his positioning on the only goal against. Not sure he should be brought back next year.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Joey Anderson is just so underwhelming to me.
He has no identity. Hasn't found his game at the pro level.

He has plus puck skills and a good strong side shot, but he needs to be molded into a chippy F1 with a net front presence. His physical play is way too inconsistent and he's not assertive enough offensively.

Nice goal today but otherwise he was a passenger.

Reactions: Oscar Peterson

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Robertson looks way more like a playmaker than a sniper at the NHL/AHL level. He does still have an elite shot, but he doesn't seem quite as good at utilizing it
He seems to be a bit snakebitten with his shot, sometimes the goalie makes a sick save, sometimes the shot just misses the net. Glad to see he's showing other aspects of his offensive game are continuing to evolve, and I'm sure the shot will start finding the net as the confidence grows

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
He has no identity. Hasn't found his game at the pro level.

He has plus puck skills and a good strong side shot, but he needs to be molded into a chippy F1 with a net front presence. His physical play is way too inconsistent and he's not assertive enough offensively.

Nice goal today but otherwise he was a passenger.

I didn't see that at all. He was great in tight and won a number of puck battles. I get why people were attracted to the Robertson-Semyonov-Ho-Sang line today, but Anderson was a huge part of a very effective Seney-SDA-Anderson 2nd line, was on a perfect PK, and did pretty well as a netfront guy on the PP as well. Didn't make any mistakes either.

He is never going to be more than a complimentary guy, but he fills that role extremely well. He continues to have games like that, and he will likely be the first forward the Leafs call up besides Semyonov.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
I've liked what I've seen from Kallgren so far with Camp/preseason and the game today. I'm intrigued to see how he progresses as the season goes on.

Loved the Marlies urgency today. Wish that would translate to the big club more often. Excited to see the future of the leafs with Robertson, Anderson, Hirvonen, Niemela etc. who play with energy and a little bite.

Reactions: TopChedder

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Semyonov deserved a spot out of camp, but so did a handful of others. He's a headsy player, so I hope he finds a spot here eventually.

Exactly the type of start you want to see from Robertson and H0-Sang too. I think that line will be effective here moving forward.

Solid start for Kalgren.

See how they respond tomorrow.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
I'm not watching tonight. How are our guys looking so far?
I only saw the third period. Miettinen got a pp assist. I think he’s trying to figure out how to deal with the pressure that’s coming at him. He’s kind of stationary a lot. Knies is ok, hard to move off the puck when he has it and executes very good transitions. Koster is definitely the smartest dman on his team with good vision.

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
The longer replay shows the nice work Joey did winning the puck in his own zone and leading the breakout:

A little Savardian.

Sounds like the Marlies were opportunistic. Gave up a lot of shots.

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
A little Savardian.

Sounds like the Marlies were opportunistic. Gave up a lot of shots.

Manitoba threw a lot of shots on net, but even the ones that were from in close were not very difficult stops. The Marlies had much better opportunities.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
That's fine - would just love to see Ho Sang, Robertson, and Anderson develop offensively. One of them is going to get some NHL playing time this year.
Yeah, I wasn’t being critical. 5 goals in 26 shots or whatever, was opportunistic and efficient, vs 1 in 36ish.
I have a soft spot for Joey Anderson, so I’m hoping he late blooms with pesky energy.
They love Nick. Just a matter of time and space.
Ho-Sang is endearing, and has to be endearing to management taking the A deal. Good reclamation guy.
I hope every prospect makes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad