Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Marlies win it in OT. What a rush by Agostino. Lilly and Bracco get the assists.
Those guys and Brooks are 4 of the candidates for Keefe to want in the NHL.

Last edited:

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
He did that? Ugh, someone like that should be venting here, not working in the media. He clearly has some work ethic and language skills. None of my business but one wonders what triggered this as he seemed to enjoy the attention.

He was a literal teenager at the time

Reactions: Morgs

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Looks like Ladislav Kara has finally gotten his chance to prove himself and is running with it. 3G and 3A in 8 games in Ak Bars. A pleasant development.
He's been really good. They have a lot of veterans on that team so his ice time probably won't go up much, but if he keeps producing for a while they might have to move him up.

Reactions: stickty111

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Looks like Ladislav Kara has finally gotten his chance to prove himself and is running with it. 3G and 3A in 8 games in Ak Bars. A pleasant development.

Small sample size, but he's the highest scoring U22 player in the KHL right now... I've never really given him much thought in our prospect pool but he's been quietly progressing well in Russia.

The Nic

Jul 26, 2009
Please dont steal Snowden from us, he's too good.
My guess is that he will move up... this year or by the start of next season at the latest. I'm sure that the Leafs already have some excellent coaches in mind as his replacement. Hopefully we end up with innovative young coaches at all three levels of the organization.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Liljegren hands it off to a fresh Agostino who goes end to end to score a beauty in overtime against the tired Laval D. That’s all she wrote.

I thought Laval was the better team last night, especially in Overtime. The Marlies could have got a couple more power plays, but sometimes that's how the game goes.

Good to see the play of Liljegren. I would say that he's quality 80% of the time and there's still 20% where you get frustrated with his play & need to be cleaned up before he gets called up. The times that I didn't love his play were the pass between the legs breaking out of the zone. But I did love his skating and decision making is getting better.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I thought Laval was the better team last night, especially in Overtime. The Marlies could have got a couple more power plays, but sometimes that's how the game goes.

Good to see the play of Liljegren. I would say that he's quality 80% of the time and there's still 20% where you get frustrated with his play & need to be cleaned up before he gets called up. The times that I didn't love his play were the pass between the legs breaking out of the zone. But I did love his skating and decision making is getting better.

Does anyone play 100% all of the time? Not saying things need to continue getting better, I mean he is 20 so I hope he hasn't peaked, but at some point he will need more of a challenge and that time should be coming soon.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Does anyone play 100% all of the time? Not saying things need to continue getting better, I mean he is 20 so I hope he hasn't peaked, but at some point he will need more of a challenge and that time should be coming soon.

The 20% that I was talking about is more towards the things that he needs to clean up.

I don't expect anyone to play at 100%. But he needs to dominate more at the AHL & it's easier to clean up the mistakes at that level than the show.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
The 20% that I was talking about is more towards the things that he needs to clean up.

I don't expect anyone to play at 100%. But he needs to dominate more at the AHL & it's easier to clean up the mistakes at that level than the show.
He's playing 25-30 minutes a game as a 20 year old. He is dominating, and has been since mid-last year at this level.

Every player makes mistakes at every level, even the superstars. He'll be fine when he gets here and starts in a third pairing sheltered role at around 14-15 minutes.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
He's playing 25-30 minutes a game as a 20 year old. He is dominating, and has been since mid-last year at this level.

Every player makes mistakes at every level, even the superstars. He'll be fine when he gets here and starts in a third pairing sheltered role at around 14-15 minutes.

I guess our definitions of dominating are different.

What I'm trying to say is, it's easier to clean up the problems he's making with the Marlies before he comes up to the big club. I understand he's doing a ton of things right, but the point of him being with the Marlies now is for that development.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I guess our definitions of dominating are different.

What I'm trying to say is, it's easier to clean up the problems he's making with the Marlies before he comes up to the big club. I understand he's doing a ton of things right, but the point of him being with the Marlies now is for that development.

You don't learn to defend against McDavid by practicing against grinders and other rookies. Elite defensemen rarely ever spend more than a year or two against weak competition, most are thrown right into the fire.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Justin “Not a prospect” Brazeau is 2nd on the Growlers in points...

Vladislav (edit: “Lesser prospect than Greenway”) Kara now has 7 points in 9 games (edit: In the KHL).

Last edited:
Reactions: Lauro

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

Vladislav Kara now has 7 points in 9 games.

Being bitter about people's definition of a prospect seems strange to me. Sure if everyone thought he sucked have at it. But the vast majority of people who refused to vote for him did so on he basis of their definition of a prospect(under contract with the Leafs or drafted by the Leafs) and Brazeau not fitting it. Just seems like a weird thing to still be upset about 4 months later.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017

Vladislav Kara now has 7 points in 9 games.
Does anybody know what Kara's contract looks like with Kazan? Would love to get a look at him at the end of this year or bring him over for a development camp.

Reactions: hockeynorth

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Does anybody know what Kara's contract looks like with Kazan? Would love to get a look at him at the end of this year or bring him over for a development camp.

Eliteprospects says contract is until 20/21. At that point in time, it might be a good idea to try and bring him to NA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad