Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - It's finally puckdrop, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerk

Apr 27, 2009
hollowell gets tripped right in front of the ref, no call, and then kivihalme gives it away and the moose get like 2 mins of pressure

all because of a blind ref

Reactions: Cheeks Klapanen

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
So Lilly looks amazing, Anderson looks good, Rosen is a train wreck, Kivihalme is scary, Hollowell is fast and skilled and still tiny
And my man Clune just destroys somebody in a fight.
Why he never gets a NHL chance I don't know. He can actually play. There is a reason Dubas kept resigning him.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
So Lilly looks amazing, Anderson looks good, Rosen is a train wreck, Kivihalme is scary, Hollowell is fast and skilled and still tiny

That Kivihalme-Hollowell pairing has not been very good at all. Rosen had a really bad turnover that led to a goal, but has otherwise been fine and he did score our goal.

Liljegren had a bad turnover too but he recovered and has been amazing otherwise.
Anderson and Robertson are doing well.

Rubins and Duszak haven't been great and had a bad turnover, but otherwise they've been solid but unspectacular. Most of the forwards can fall in that general category as well.

Manitoba is outplaying us, and our goalie still looks like a beer leaguer. Like he's making some solid saves but every save he makes is so animated... And he is so small too.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I really like how Robertson looks. He will probably be a top line winger one day. His skating stride is so weird though
His skating stride is very similar to mason raymond. Maybe not as fast as Raymond, but that hunched over position is not the greatest for staying on your feet. Raymond fell almost every shift, saw a lot of that from nick that period as well. He looks good, but he must have got knocked down like 10 times that period. Something he will need to work on.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Liljegren looks so smooth and composed, this kid still has top pair upside but I think a lot of it comes between the ears for him, as in his game goes as his confidence goes.

He now has that shift to shift look where he looks like the best player on the ice in some instances and it's exciting to see, he used to be much more timid but now that he knows the right play to make he makes it with much more confidence.

His defensive game has grown leaps and bounds as has his ability to slow the game down a bit more, which is what will help his game translate to the NHL because some of the fancy stuff you can get away with on the Marlies will end up in the back of the net in the NHL. I could see him easily playing sheltered minutes like Lehtonen but better to give him 20+ minutes and top pairing on PK and maybe PP without Sandin

Reactions: stickty111

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Liljegren looks so smooth and composed, this kid still has top pair upside but I think a lot of it comes between the ears for him, as in his game goes as his confidence goes.

He now has that shift to shift look where he looks like the best player on the ice in some instances and it's exciting to see, he used to be much more timid but now that he knows the right play to make he makes it with much more confidence.

His defensive game has grown leaps and bounds as has his ability to slow the game down a bit more, which is what will help his game translate to the NHL because some of the fancy stuff you can get away with on the Marlies will end up in the back of the net in the NHL. I could see him easily playing sheltered minutes like Lehtonen but better to give him 20+ minutes and top pairing on PK and maybe PP without Sandin

totally agree. I hope having Sheldon as his coach will help with giving him a longer leash. He looks so damn confident with the puck. Really looks great. I think he has top pair upside, with a more likely top 4 projection. But i think someone on here already mentioned it, he has to be the most under appreciated prospect in our system.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think he has to be looked at for next year.

rielly. Brodie.
Muzz. Holl/dermott
sandin. Lilly.

plus another veteran 3rd pair D......not sure who? Savard? Larson? Etc.

Id bring back Bogosian, rotate he and Liljegren depending on opponent.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017

I think we really need to pair Liljegren with Muzzin to start next year. Would be great to ease his transition. The problem last year in limited minutes is that he mostly played with Sandin or Marincin who are not good defensively at the NHL level.

Give him a solid vet to lean on and allow him to just play his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad