Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - 2023-23 Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Cowan-Moldenhauer-Voit line has been dominant. Elias has been standing on his head to keep it 2-0.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Mathieu De St. Phalle has been pretty noticeable in terms of speed and creating chances for Team Blue. Definitely light on his skates though. Quiet game for Minten and Hirvonen. Tverberg had some noticeable plays. Elias stood on his head for Team Blue.

Team White just dominated though. The Cowan, Moldenhauer and Voit line is just too much. Niemela and Koster did great work for Team White as well, although I think Koster needs to calm down his game at the blueline. The one invite that impressed me is Pier-Olivier Roy for Team White, he really stood out in a good way.

One more period to go.

Last edited:

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
its development camp so it's gamified practice

nobody expects to get absolutely deleted in open ice in this situation
Yup, I understand the kid who threw the hit is trying to impress the Leafs, earn a contract, etc - but you should not be throwing big hits at your own teammates.

Anyone who has played a contact sport knows this.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Playing physical is fine no matter the situation, but a hit like that is over the top and unnecessary. It doesn't matter if the hit was clean or not. You can't do that. Losing one of your better forward prospects to it makes it worse. Hopefully Hirvonen recovers quickly.
We shouldn't see that player again.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Shame about Hirvonen. Tough introduction to NA hockey. Gotta keep your head up at all times.

I thought Moldenhauer was a great pick. Real sleeper. His game should translate well to the next level. Voit was another solid pick in the middle rounds. Cowen while not the BPA at 28 is a good prospect nonetheless and could be a good middle six winger in the future.

Lisowsky has a good shot and natural goal scoring ability. For guys like him it’s all about defensive details and skating. If he improves in those areas he could be a nhl player.

Yup, I understand the kid who threw the hit is trying to impress the Leafs, earn a contract, etc - but you should not be throwing big hits at your own teammates.

Anyone who has played a contact sport knows this.
It’s ok in prospect tournaments against prospects from another organization but you can’t do that to fellow prospects in your own organization. That kid should be gone.

Reactions: kb and zoA

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Hate to see someone potentially injured and Hirvonen is one of our better prospects but if the hit was clean, I have no problems with it and a overall more intense/physical culture wouldn't be the worst thing for this team.
There are betters way to do that though. Also if a hit in a development camp is whats needed to set a intense culture for this team, we have bigger problems.

zoA

Mar 23, 2010
Shame about Hirvonen. Tough introduction to NA hockey. Gotta keep your head up at all times.

I thought Moldenhauer was a great pick. Real sleeper. His game should translate well to the next level. Voit was another solid pick in the middle rounds. Cowen while not the BPA at 28 is a good prospect nonetheless and could be a good middle six winger in the future.

Lisowsky has a good shot and natural goal scoring ability. For guys like him it’s all about defensive details and skating. If he improves in those areas he could be a nhl player.

It’s ok in prospect tournaments against prospects from another organization but you can’t do that to fellow prospects in your own organization. That kid should be gone.

Yep, you don't follow through like that against your own teammates. His positioning would have allowed him to literally stop up and it would have still had an impact without it leading to an injury. It is correct that it's NA hockey and it's a shame, but as you said, I would imagine that kid is gone after that.

Reactions: kb

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
No need to try to be Scott Stevens out there during a scrimmage. Hopefully our top prospect there’re is ok.

Guess Sundin was impressive. being 6’2” and a RHD helps his chances to sign a contract with us

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Playing physical is fine no matter the situation, but a hit like that is over the top and unnecessary. It doesn't matter if the hit was clean or not. You can't do that. Losing one of your better forward prospects to it makes it worse. Hopefully Hirvonen recovers quickly.
We shouldn't see that player again.
Should there be hitting at a prospects camp in early July? If you look at most NHLers, they are not even hitting the ice until August. Most do off-ice work once they begin to ramp back up in late June and July.

And these kids too, CHL, NCAA, Europe ended in March-April for the majority of players except those in the CHL league championships and Memorial Cup. No one should be in training camp form right now.

If the Leafs are allowing hitting, hopefully everyone knew that and was prepared for it. Just seems unnecessary to be letting the kids hit at a prospect camp in early July.

Reactions: kb and stickty111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad