Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I dunno, I thought he looked pretty bad in the few games he played for the Leafs. He might be one of those players that are good in the A but bad in the NHL.

He had one bad game last year. This year, I think he had one bad game and 3 good games.

He is ready for an extended look as soon as the Leafs are ready to give him one. Is great on the PP, is great on the PK, plays a lot like Hyman and Coleman...

And he makes league minimum this year and next.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
????? I'm saying give Anderson a good long run if he looks ready for it. I have no idea what you're saying.
You clearly seem to think that his corsi numbers are bad and that he shouldn't be written off due to that, but they're actually good. If that's not what you meant, what did you mean?

Reactions: stickty111

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
You clearly seem to think that his corsi numbers are bad and that he shouldn't be written off due to that, but they're actually good. If that's not what you meant, what did you mean?
Was responding to someone who said Anderson looked bad in the NHL and might be more of an AHL guy. Was simply saying we jumped ship on Marchment too quick and look what happened. Give Anderson a fair chance.

High corsi Malgin is just the description of what we jumped on. My post isn't about corsi

Reactions: Shooter2x

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Was responding to someone who said Anderson looked bad in the NHL and might be more of an AHL guy. Was simply saying we jumped ship on Marchment too quick and look what happened. Give Anderson a fair chance.

High corsi Malgin is just the description of what we jumped on. My post isn't about corsi

We need to play Anderson and few marlies if we can just to prep them for playoffs.

Not to mention Spezza and Simmonds look like their legs are toast

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I like Joey Anderson, he's a valuable depth player. He brings nice speed and a tenacious forecheck, good puck retrieval. Can play physical at times. Can score. He is definitely one player I wouldn't mind seeing them give him an extended look to if an opportunity comes about.

I think he may be our next waiver wire casualty.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I like Joey Anderson, he's a valuable depth player. He brings nice speed and a tenacious forecheck, good puck retrieval. Can play physical at times. Can score. He is definitely one player I wouldn't mind seeing them give him an extended look to if an opportunity comes about.

I think he may be our next waiver wire casualty.

More likely to become part of the Dubas TDL spend.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
The way the team is looking....we probably shouldn't be.
Agreed, he's shown confidence in the team by not making a huge move after the last playoff series, why double down and trade a 1st to show more confidence in a group that simply doesn't deserve it? Same old lifeless performances, losing in humiliating fashion to the Wilkes Scranton penguins, a last place Hab team, another loss to a near last place team in Arizona. He should not be allowed to mortgage anymore of the future betting on this particular group of players

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
Prayers to Rodion Amirov. I hope the brain tumour is benign

Really contextualizes why he was missing time and spending time in Germany and makes a lot of our whining about him not playing look bad. Shows you really never know what's going on with a player

Hope he recovers, a brain tumor is really scary, especially so young

Last edited:

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Really contextualizes why he was missing time and spending time in Germany and makes a lot of our whining about him not playing reflect poorly. Shows you really never know what's going on with a player

Hope he recovers, a brain tumor is really scary, especially so young

100%, I posted that in the other thread, a lot of people shit on the Ufa coaching staff without knowing the full story. Meanwhile they were just honouring his wishes and protecting him. It's not just our fanbase, but this goes for all fans. At the end of the day we don't know anything behind the scenes. I really really hope he gets a full life, forget hockey. I just hope he survives this and has more time with his family.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
100%, I posted that in the other thread, a lot of people shit on the Ufa coaching staff without knowing the full story. Meanwhile they were just honoring his wishes and protecting him. It's not just our fanbase, but this goes for all fans. At the end of the day we don't know anything behind the scenes. I really really hope he gets a full life, forget hockey. I just hope he survives this and has more time with his family.
With all due respect, I do not think there will be one person whining about Ufa's decisions to rest Rodian at this point knowing what we know now. It's very easy to look at things in hindsight and say that we should have known better to not be critical of their judgement not to play him.

That said, I think ultimately this can just serve as a reminder that there is so much more than hockey when it comes to these guys. As much as we want them to succeed as players and more specifically Maple Leafs, there is a human being behind each and every one of our players. Even for a guy like Justin Holl for example. We as a fanbase always seem to like to pick on 1 or multiple players every year. Last year it was Freddy, this year it's Muzz and Holl. We couldn't care less about the human, we only care about the results. Without knowing what might be going on in the background. That's not to say we cannot be critical of the player when it is justified, but maybe as a fanbase we need to shift our energy into a more constructive way. It doesn't always have to be this player is a bust/dump/liability...etc

Sometimes there is more than meets the eye. Pretty easy for us to forget that these guys we immortalize have real life human problems.

I am gutted for Rodion. This kid has so much talent. He seems unbelievably positive about a situation that would knock most of us to our knees. I don't know about you guys, but to me that's character. Exactly the type of energy this organization needs TBH. If he never plays hockey again, so be it. His health is the only priority at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
With all due respect, I do not think there will be one person whining or bitching about UFA's decisions to rest Rodian at this point knowing what we know now. It's very easy to look at things in hindsight and say that we should have known better to not be critical of their judgement not to play him.

That said, I think ultimately this can just serve as a reminder that there is so much more than hockey when it comes to these guys. As much as we want them to succeed as players and more specifically Maple Leafs, there is a human being behind each and every one of our players. Even for a guy like Justin Holl for example. We as a fanbase always seem to like to pick on 1 or multiple players every year. Last year it was Freddy, this year it's Muzz and Holl. We couldn't care less about the human, we only care about the results. Without knowing what might be going on in the background. That's not to say we cannot be critical of the player when it is justified, but maybe as a fanbase we need to shift our energy into a more constructive way. It doesn't always have to be this player is a bust/dump/liability...etc

Sometimes there is more than meets the eye. Pretty easy for us to forget that these guys we immortalize have real life human problems.

I am gutted for Rodion. This kid has so much talent. He seems unbelievably positive about a situation that would knock most of us to our knee's. I don't know about you guys, but to me that's character. Exactly the type of energy this organization needs TBH. If he never plays hockey again, so be it. His health is the only priority at this point.

100% agree with everything you posted, humans first, hockey second. I've tried to make that point a few times in different topic threads, specifically Mitch Marner and JT, I admit sometimes I don't always convey it in the best ways or I take things personally. But there's so much to life besides sports and results. I remember the other day another poster called me naive or dumb fan because I choose not to get upset after losses. At the end of the day who cares if the Leafs lose? Tomorrow is another day, I'm happy I can watch and enjoy. Being a fan of sports comes with ups and downs but it should never dominate your life. I pray Rodion gets better and is able to contribute to the leafs someday. But most importantly I hope he gets an extended life with his family and loved ones! He's only 20, so much life left to live even if it's without hockey.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
100% agree with everything you posted, humans first, hockey second. I've tried to make that point a few times in different topic threads, specifically Mitch Marner and JT, I admit sometimes I don't always convey it in the best ways or I take things personally. But there's so much to life besides sports and results. I remember the other day another poster called me naive or dumb fan because I choose not to get upset after losses. At the end of the day who cares if the Leafs lose? Tomorrow is another day, I'm happy I can watch and enjoy. Being a fan of sports comes with ups and downs but it should never dominate your life. I pray Rodion gets better and is able to contribute to the leafs someday. But most importantly I hope he gets an extended life with his family and loved ones! He's only 20, so much life left to live even if it's without hockey.
Yup, it's realistically the only way to look at it. Honestly I used to be that ridiculously manic fan as well, so I can understand that passion.

I think what's changed for me is listening to these hockey podcast's over the last couple of years and when they interview current and former players. You end up seeing the human being more than the player. It has taken the venom out of my critic's for the most part. If I have critics, which I definitely do, I try not to make it personal. I feel like there is a way to be respectfully critical of the way one is playing without attacking the fabric of their being. Like you said regarding Mitch, there are some who can't wait to call this guy mentally weak the second he comes up short in a big game. Which when you take a step back and think about that for a second is kinda f***ed up. Especially in the world we live in today with almost everyone dealing with some form of mental health issue. If Mitch is battling some mental hurdles, is that not something we as a fanbase should want to support him with? If not support, maybe just not use it as ammo against him??

I just feel like I have a deeper appreciation for these athletes now. When you see these players as people first, it gives you an understanding that they still make human mistakes on the ice. Despite their talents. I still get choked like any sports fan on the planet, but I'll never let it effect me beyond an hour or 2. It's not worth it for anyone. As much as we all obsess over everything related to this team, at the end of the day it's still just a game. These guys have families to go home to and lives outside of hockey.

Maybe Rodion's misfortune can serve as a wakeup call to all of us.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
Yup, it's realistically the only way to look at it. Honestly I used to be that ridiculously manic fan as well, so I can understand that passion.

I think what's changed for me is listening to these hockey podcast's over the last couple of years and when they interview current and former players. You end up seeing the human being more than the player. It has taken the venom out of my critic's for the most part. If I have critics, which I definitely do, I try not to make it personal. I feel like there is a way to be respectfully critical of the way one is playing without attacking the fabric of their being. Like you said regarding Mitch, there are some who can't wait to call this guy mentally weak the second he comes up short in a big game. Which when you take a step back and think about that for a second is kinda f***ed up. Especially in the world we live in today with almost everyone dealing with some form of mental health issue. If Mitch is battling some mental hurdles, is that not something we as a fanbase should want to support him with? If not support, maybe just not use it as ammo against him??

I just feel like I have a deeper appreciation for these athletes now. When you see these players as people first, it gives you an understanding that they still make human mistakes on the ice. Despite their talents. I still get choked like any sports fan on the planet, but I'll never let it effect me beyond an hour or 2. It's not worth it for anyone. As much as we all obsess over everything related to this team, at the end of the day it's still just a game. These guys have families to go home to and lives outside of hockey.

Agreed. It's why I hate it when people say a player sucks at hockey when he truly doesn't. He just isn't good enough for the NHL. I criticize players too but I also recognize that not every player is perfect and they all make mistakes including the star players.

I've listened to podcasts too where celebrities are interviewed and it's made me see them in a much more human light as only seeing them on a screen can give you a weird sense of who they are. Celebrities struggle just like us, same with pro athletes.

Reactions: Twine Tickler

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto

Well said

The Kyle Beach situation with Chicago was one of those wake up calls for me. Knowing what we know now about what was going on, people jumping to call him one of the biggest busts ever and some of the threads back here discussing him when he was a struggling prospect look really bad today. Him knowing that people consider him one of the greatest busts without knowing what was going on in his personal life also must have been pretty hurtful.

The Beach situation and with Amirov really is a great reminder that these players are human and we don't know what's going on behind the scenes and in their personal lives, and while it is okay to be critical as a fan we need to remember that it is just a game to us that we watch for a few hours a week and we need to be conscious of how we critique these players

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Joe Woll in the cage.
Teemu Kivihalme sighting too.
One five man unit is -16 in this game, so far. Yikes. (Anderson/Seney/Suomela and Kivihalme/Hollowell).

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Marlies lose 6-4. Bad defence, and Moore thinking Clifford being on the ice with 1:28 down one is a good idea, while Robertson is stapled to the bench.

Thats Babcock having the 4th line out down 1 level of incompetence.

Reactions: cookie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad