Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Pontus Holmberg started off really strong then fell of a cliff and never recovered. Now he seems to be demoted to the 4th line as ice time keeps dropping. SDA has been similar in the sense that he hasn't raised his stock after showing great promise in camp. Brooks in the games I have watched has been underwhelming.

Doesn't look promising for the C depth in the organization. We are lucky to have Tavares.

Reactions: stickty111

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Pontus Holmberg started off really strong then fell of a cliff and never recovered. Now he seems to be demoted to the 4th line as ice time keeps dropping. SDA has been similar in the sense that he hasn't raised his stock after showing great promise in camp. Brooks in the games I have watched has been underwhelming.

Doesn't look promising for the C depth in the organization. We are lucky to have Tavares.
I was actually shocked to see how bad of a skater Holmberg is. I like his smarts and situational awareness, and he has a lot of admirable subtleties to his game, but his skating is worse than below average. Even if he manages to improve that part of his game, i'm not sure if it will be enough to make him an NHLer.

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
I could see us being a bit more active in the European/NCAA/CHL OA market this off-season. Our prospect system is still fine quality-wise in my opinion, but we could use more options. I really like Felhaber out of Ottawa.

Tye Felhaber | C/LW | OHL | 6'0 | 20 Years Old | 56 GP | 53 G | 95 PTS | 1.70 PTS/G
Justin Brazeau
| RW | OHL | 6'6 | 20 Years Old | 54 GP | 48 G | 90 PTS | 1.67 PTS/G

Both would be great signings.

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
I would like to see them explore moving Gardiner in a hockey deal for futures and then blending those futures into another acquisition that could help right now. I don't know if we should own rental should be a given, considering how mercurial his playoff track record is. But I am against losing him for nothing. And don't really want to sign him.

I agree with the double move.

In an ideal world we could turn Gardiner into someone like Mayfield or Nutivaara.

Both have great contracts.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
SDA looks like a bit of a miscalculation given his lack of pro frame, terrible OHL production.

But I guess you have to draft some duds to find a Debrincat or a Point...

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
You people realize Holmberg is a 6th round pick right? Of course he has major faults but he's still having a good year for where he was drafted.
YES!

This is the thing, when you get someone who us super talented and drafted that late, there must be some major flaw holding you back.

I'd rather draft guys late with 1 big flaw that we can just work on until it works, instead of just an all around meh player.

Reactions: hockeynorth

horner

May 22, 2007
Billy moskal C London knights
6'00" 190
55 11 21 32 +19

Undrafted
200' player
60% on face offs
Skilled
Tough
Brings it every shift

Could be a grt 4th line center down the road

Was invited to the Columba's Blue jackets rookie tournament.

Surprised we didn't invite him to the rookie tournament last yr.

Would love to draft him this yr

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Billy moskal C London knights
6'00" 190
55 11 21 32 +19

Undrafted
200' player
60% on face offs
Skilled
Tough
Brings it every shift

Could be a grt 4th line center down the road

Was invited to the Columba's Blue jackets rookie tournament.

Surprised we didn't invite him to the rookie tournament last yr.

Would love to draft him this yr
Wouldn't waste a pick on him, would offer him an ahl deal though, and he would probably start with the Growlers.

I'd like to add Dunkley as well.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Tye Felhaber | C/LW | OHL | 6'0 | 20 Years Old | 56 GP | 53 G | 95 PTS | 1.70 PTS/G
Justin Brazeau

Felhaber signed with Dallas....

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Justin Brazeau

Felhaber signed with Dallas but Brazeau would be a good signing with the loss of Grundstrom.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
SDA looks like a bit of a miscalculation given his lack of pro frame, terrible OHL production.

But I guess you have to draft some duds to find a Debrincat or a Point...

Maybe he will be another Brooks? but there was no need to have given him an ELC already, Dubas needs to be better.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Maybe he will be another Brooks? but there was no need to have given him an ELC already, Dubas needs to be better.

I think our amateur scouting in North America needs to be a little sharper. Obviously you're not going to get everyone, every draft. They are showing signs of trying to get those hidden gems which I support, but they've picked a lot of guys who haven't exactly taken off post draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad