Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Because we have the room to bring another one in.

The original point was about making the team better, and not making east/west moves, why not sign Polak if you want cheap help

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
My point is we have enough players that YOU don't seem to like, why bring in more mid 20's 3rd 'ish pairing Khl d'men , get it?

I don't like Zaitsev's contract, that doesn't mean he wasn't a good pickup
Just like Ozhiganov and Rosen look like decent pickups

If you can get them for the cost of an ECL and no draft capital why the hell wouldn't you?

Reactions: stickty111

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I don't like Zaitsev's contract, that doesn't mean he wasn't a good pickup
Just like Ozhiganov and Rosen look like decent pickups

If you can get them for the cost of an ECL and no draft capital why the hell wouldn't you?

I have seen you trash him often!! lol

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The original point was about the team better, and not making east/west moves, why not sign Polak if you want cheap help

Because Polak isn’t “help”.

Depth isn’t a bad thing. The more options we have, the better.

The Russian 22 year old D-man is almost certainly more of an option than Holl, so if it wakes Dubas up to not have Holl on the roster next year, than so be it.

Ideally, we can move Zaitsev this off-season to free up some space, so when we consider that Hainsey, Gardiner, Marincin, and Zaitsev, and hopefully Holl will be off the roster next season, then yeah, we can certainly sign a Russian D-man to a 1 year ELC, who can either play with the Marlies or with the Leafs.

We aren’t talking about signing him right now, it’s next season, and we have far less depth going into next year on D than you seem to believe

Reactions: stickty111 and Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I have seen you trash him often!! lol

WTF?

So because I hate his contract and think he's a bottom pairing defenseman we shouldn't get players for free from Russia and other countries around the world?

By your logic I should be the one against free agent pickups and you should be in favor of them, don't you like free stuff?

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
WTF?

So because I hate his contract and think he's a bottom pairing defenseman we shouldn't get players for free from Russia and other countries around the world?

By your logic, I should be the one against free agent pickups and you should be in favor of them, don't you like free stuff?

You are the guy that trashes all d'men that are not top 4, I debated you many times and I'm still not convinced you even watch Leaf and Marlie games, I told you that last year lol, you know I'm right lol and im over this confo ;)

Prodigy MayD

Jan 3, 2019
WTF?

So because I hate his contract and think he's a bottom pairing defenseman

When you realize Zaitsev is a good top 4 defenceman and is one of the key reasons Torontos penalty kill and goals against are so low.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
You are the guy that trashes all d'men that are not top 4, I debated you many times and I'm still not convinced you even watch Leaf and Marlie games, I told you that last year lol, you know I'm right lol and im over this confo ;)
Dont be so arrogant and self centered. News flash, you dont know everything in the world. Im not convinced you watch Marlies or Leafs game, considering you said "Lilly is 4-5 years away from being a top 4 d man", or that "Marner falls 7-8 spots in a redraft".
you know I'm right lol and im over this convo.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

If management thinks there's a player out there that can help and they can get him for the cost of only an ECL and contract spot why not?

I've been very nice to Marincin, Ozhiganov and Dermott this season so the hating bottom pairing defenseman thing is rubbish

You took a position that's mind numbing, can't explain why and went back to the old "don't watch the games" thing, just admit you screwed up and she's a goodin

When you realize Zaitsev is a good top 4 defenceman and is one of the key reasons Torontos penalty kill and goals against are so low.

Please enlighten me on how he's top 4 quality?
Besides being paid like on of course

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
If management thinks there's a player out there that can help and they can get him for the cost of only an ECL and contract spot why not?

I've been very nice to Marincin, Ozhiganov and Dermott this season so the hating bottom pairing defenseman thing is rubbish

You took a position that's mind-numbing, can't explain why and went back to the old "don't watch the games" thing, just admit you screwed up and she's a gooding
Management can do whatever they want its there team, I'm just tossing out an opinion, I pretty much accept all their decisions. My position is that I want our D upgraded and not with an experimental KHL guy, what is mind-numbing about that. you're trying to put spins on my posts, and confusing yourself

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Management can do whatever they want its there team, I'm just tossing out an opinion, I pretty much accept all their decisions. My position is that I want our D upgraded and not with an experimental KHL guy, what is mind-numbing about that. you're trying to put spins on my posts, and confusing yourself

Shoot on back and read post #224, you will see that I also wanted us to acquire a genuine top 4RD by trade, it wasn't written that long ago, are you struggling with short term memory loss?

Nobody anywhere has said that Russian guy they may be looking at is top 4 quality or will be used in that way, we've been saying he's a bottom pair or depth type no risk pickup

That's why most of us can't understand your objection to it, makes no sense but there you go

WilliamInLondon

Mar 24, 2016
Shoot on back and read post #224, you will see that I also wanted us to acquire a genuine top 4RD by trade, it wasn't written that long ago, are you struggling with short term memory loss?

Nobody anywhere has said that Russian guy they may be looking at is top 4 quality or will be used in that way, we've been saying he's a bottom pair or depth type no risk pickup

That's why most of us can't understand your objection to it, makes no sense but there you go

I really don't see how anyone can disagree with your point on this lol. Who would be opposed to getting free, serviceable assets?
The fact that subsequent contracts doled out weren't efficient use of resources doesn't refute the point that the acquisition of any free, serviceable asset is a gain to the organization.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I went to school there graduated a couple years ago before they started building all those condos/buildings downtown. Are they done yet/is downtown still changing? It's a shame Guelph is my favourite city.

Not sure why that's a shame. Housing prices are outrageous here.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Whats going on with Durzi?

Goals and points waaaay down.

Aside from Dermott, this management group has flubbed 2nd round picks. Im concerned that Durzi is going that route.

Edit - Grundstrom is fine too.

Last edited:

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

Aside from Dermott, this management group has flubbed 2nd round picks. Im concerned that Durzi is going that route.
I'm hoping with this incoming trade, Durzi really takes off.

It does seem as though we have had some questionable 2nd round picks over the last 3-4 drafts, though.

If Durzi can't get to well over a point-per-game by the end of the season, he may be another one.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Edit - Grundstrom is fine too.

He's been injured for pretty much half the season so far and was only 5 points out of being the top scoring defenseman on Owen Sound. He's been putting up lot's of shots and when I saw him play a few times this season he looked pretty good. A little early to judge him purely on his numbers 18 games in.

He'll very likely be the #1 defenseman on Guelph now. He's only 3 points out of Guelphs top scoring D but with 23 less games played.

Last edited:

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
He's been injured for pretty much half the season so far and was only 5 points out of being the top scoring defenseman on Owen Sound. He's been putting up lot's of shots and when I saw him play a few times this season he looked pretty good. A little early to judge him purely on his numbers 18 games in.

He'll very likely be the #1 defenseman on Guelph now. He's only 3 points out of Guelphs top scoring D but with 23 less games played.
Is the trade to Guelph officially complete at this time?

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Bracco was also a second rounder and is making solid progress. Not wanting to rekindle the debate of a few pages back though

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
Can totally see Guelph now challenging the likes of London, Niagara, Ottawa with this move. Havent been too good since Fabbri played for them

Reactions: gmacdaddy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad