Marleau and Thornton sign 3 year extensions

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Exactly. For security reasons.

Actually I think it's more for ease, you have hard copies and you want to transmit them to somewhere else that wants hard copies. Emailing and data-faxing is also okay but it's more steps.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
My folks bought me a lefty stick (I'm a righty) when I was a kid because they had no ****ing clue what they were doing. It's always felt more natural. I don't know if it's a cause or a coincidence, but I've always bought lefty sticks.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I started off with a righty stick but then it broke and all I had at the time was a lefty stick and I was bored so I've been using lefty sticks ever since. It feels more natural now anyways.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Actually I think it's more for ease, you have hard copies and you want to transmit them to somewhere else that wants hard copies. Emailing and data-faxing is also okay but it's more steps.

I've talked with a bunch of people about why they have fax machines in their offices still and the usual answer I get is that there's not the same risk of interception or something being compromised. And when you're doing something that may have sensitive data in it, that's a big plus.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
I like the contrast between the 2 pictures; Thornton is on Doug's side of the table, almost invading his personal space, and Marleau is on the opposite side of the table, slumped down a little more as if Wilson was in the more powerful position. Marleau looks like he was in an interview and got the job, where Thornton looks like he was doing Wilson a favor.

I know this is not the truth in either case, but just funny to think about. :sarcasm:

No you're right. That's exactly what the pictures are trying to convey

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I've talked with a bunch of people about why they have fax machines in their offices still and the usual answer I get is that there's not the same risk of interception or something being compromised. And when you're doing something that may have sensitive data in it, that's a big plus.

Thats just an excuse, its really because these kinds of industries have a hard time updating themselves because the process gets so ingrained and wide spread. But I will give you, risk of interception by anyone other than people in the same office is essentially zero.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
I mean, sending a document via email still involves scanning the document, entering the email and clicking send. It's not like it's easier than faxing. I feel like faxing gets a lot of hate for no reason.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I mean, sending a document via email still involves scanning the document, entering the email and clicking send. It's not like it's easier than faxing. I feel like faxing gets a lot of hate for no reason.

It gets a lot of hate because its inherently unreliable. Faxes often come across garbled or incomplete which requires refaxing. If there is an issue it can be very difficult to diagnose on which end the problem is occurring, etc. As an IT person I HATE fax machines. We have none in our office, but we do a lot of faxing, we just use an electronic fax service.

SpaceCoastShark

Look what the cat dragged in
Apr 8, 2009
Space Coast, FL
It gets a lot of hate because its inherently unreliable. Faxes often come across garbled or incomplete which requires refaxing. If there is an issue it can be very difficult to diagnose on which end the problem is occurring, etc. As an IT person I HATE fax machines. We have none in our office, but we do a lot of faxing, we just use an electronic fax service.

This.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007

What do you guys use if you dont mind me asking. I have been cribbing fax machines over the last year or so.

considering the document is likely already digital.....

General Office workflow for a fax

Generate Document -> Print Document -> Read and Approve Document -> Edit -> Print -> Fax

Sometimes there is a signature in there somewhere but we would still want and store a digital copy as well as the original.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
What do you guys use if you dont mind me asking. I have been cribbing fax machines over the last year or so.

considering the document is likely already digital.....

General Office workflow for a fax

Generate Document -> Print Document -> Read and Approve Document -> Edit -> Print -> Fax

Sometimes there is a signature in there somewhere but we would still want and store a digital copy as well as the original.

Currently we use AT&T's office@hand service, its fine, does the job. Our copy machines are setup to send email and our users are trained how to fax by typing in an email address ([email protected]). It's not a perfect system, I would like to find a better solution at some point, but at least if someone calls and says our fax is broken we can pretty confidently say "its not us".

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
My folks bought me a lefty stick (I'm a righty) when I was a kid because they had no ****ing clue what they were doing. It's always felt more natural. I don't know if it's a cause or a coincidence, but I've always bought lefty sticks.

I've played 36 years with a left hand shot stick. The general rule is if you are right-handed you shoot left.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
How does a JT/Patty signing evolve into a faxing vs email and righty vs lefty debate? Great creative thinking within this group.

I've played 36 years with a left hand shot stick. The general rule is if you are right-handed you shoot left.

The general rule is if you are born in…

Canada: Left
USA: Right

One of my Canadian friends explained why this is a few years ago. At least it is his hypothesis, and seems to pan out.

It all depends on whether you play baseball or golf before hockey. If you play hockey first you play with your dominant hand at the top of the stick. If you play baseball or golf first you will be naturally inclined to continue playing "from the same side", if you will.

99.9% of Canadians play hockey before baseball or golf. 99.9% of Americans play baseball before they play hockey.

Made sense to me.

On topic...I was in Tahoe all weekend and came back to this.

Awesome!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad