Marleau and Thornton sign 3 year extensions

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Be4zf3ACEAALxYi.jpg:large

If that's Doug's office, he needs to so something about that. My office is nicer than that.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Doug appears not to have a computer in his office. Also I've been on vacation this week but I'm stoked about the deals

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Pretty sure that's a TV for watching games. You can see the cable boxes of to the right

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
He has a Fax machine too. God he seems like he may be like one of my customers that I speak with over the phone. "Can I get a confirmation?" "Sure, what is your email." "I don't have one. Just Fax it to me.":help:

Not sure what is more surprising to me. People that don't have email or the amount of people with aol emails.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
He has a Fax machine too. God he seems like he may be like one of my customers that I speak with over the phone. "Can I get a confirmation?" "Sure, what is your email." "I don't have one. Just Fax it to me.":help:

Not sure what is more surprising to me. People that don't have email or the amount of people with aol emails.

The league offices probably require a fax machine for things like filing documents.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
He probably does all of his work on an iPad and has an office assistant do a lot if things for him

EastBayShark

Aug 10, 2011
San Jose, CA

I like the contrast between the 2 pictures; Thornton is on Doug's side of the table, almost invading his personal space, and Marleau is on the opposite side of the table, slumped down a little more as if Wilson was in the more powerful position. Marleau looks like he was in an interview and got the job, where Thornton looks like he was doing Wilson a favor.

I know this is not the truth in either case, but just funny to think about. :sarcasm:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
If that's Doug's office, he needs to so something about that. My office is nicer than that.

Doug appears not to have a computer in his office. Also I've been on vacation this week but I'm stoked about the deals

FWIW, That's one of his TWO offices. (One @ Tank, in basement; one "upstairs" @ Sharks Ice.) He does have some framed jerseys on the walls.

Yes, he does have a computer, or at least a tablet. May just not be "in view.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Maybe doug put his laptop somewhere else for these photos ... there appears to be an unplugged network cable on the desk (grey).

what is this from?

I like the contrast between the 2 pictures; Thornton is on Doug's side of the table, almost invading his personal space, and Marleau is on the opposite side of the table, slumped down a little more as if Wilson was in the more powerful position. Marleau looks like he was in an interview and got the job, where Thornton looks like he was doing Wilson a favor.

I know this is not the truth in either case, but just funny to think about. :sarcasm:

Nice analysis lol ... OT: Is patty left-handed?

Last edited:

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Maybe doug put his laptop somewhere else for these photos ... there appears to be an unplugged network cable on the desk (grey).

what is this from?

Nice analysis lol ... OT: Is patty left-handed?

Puss and boots

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Patty signs right handed from what I remember. Most players end up using the opposite handed stick.

It's because the common thought is to have your dominant hand on top for better control. A lot of American players do the opposite though. I forgot why though. I think it had something to do with baseball.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
It's because the common thought is to have your dominant hand on top for better control. A lot of American players do the opposite though. I forgot why though. I think it had something to do with baseball.

the baseball thing is likely because when parents buy kids their first hockey stick, they'll likely think "well, my kid bats X-handed, so he must play hockey X-handed too."

and like you said, top-hand dominant with hockey is because your top hand is used for more of the fine control on shooting, passing, and especially stick-handling, so you should theoretically have your dominant hand in that position where it will do the most good.

That said, it's not necessary. It's probably better to let the kid figure out what feels more natural to them and go from there. Or do something like give them a broom and see how they use that, and pick a hockey stick accordingly. Because there's more correlation between broom handedness and hockey handedness than there is between baseball handedness and hockey handedness.

I am left-hand dominant and I play hockey left handed as well as bat left handed, golf left handed, and hold a broom with my left hand on the bottom, right hand on top. On the flip side, one of my friends is right-hand dominant, he plays hockey left handed, bats left handed, golfs left handed etc.

If you feel better playing hockey dominant hand on the bottom, play that way. It's better to be comfortable than force yourself to do something that feels wrong just because it's the way the "experts" say you should hold your stick.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
the baseball thing is likely because when parents buy kids their first hockey stick, they'll likely think "well, my kid bats X-handed, so he must play hockey X-handed too."

and like you said, top-hand dominant with hockey is because your top hand is used for more of the fine control on shooting, passing, and especially stick-handling, so you should theoretically have your dominant hand in that position where it will do the most good.

That said, it's not necessary. It's probably better to let the kid figure out what feels more natural to them and go from there. Or do something like give them a broom and see how they use that, and pick a hockey stick accordingly. Because there's more correlation between broom handedness and hockey handedness than there is between baseball handedness and hockey handedness.

I am left-hand dominant and I play hockey left handed as well as bat left handed, golf left handed, and hold a broom with my left hand on the bottom, right hand on top. On the flip side, one of my friends is right-hand dominant, he plays hockey left handed, bats left handed, golfs left handed etc.

If you feel better playing hockey dominant hand on the bottom, play that way. It's better to be comfortable than force yourself to do something that feels wrong just because it's the way the "experts" say you should hold your stick.

I write with my right, hockey left, golf left, and curling throw with my right hand.

Baseball i catch with my left but throw with my right, and i bat on the right side of the plate.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I write with my right, hockey left, golf left, and curling throw with my right hand.

Baseball i catch with my left but throw with my right, and i bat on the right side of the plate.

Well of course. It'd be hard to catch and throw with teh same hand unless you barehand everything :sarcasm:

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
What's really weird to me is if a guy catches with his dominant hand. Greiss catches left and one night I noticed he was charting face-offs with his left. It kind of blew my mind lol.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I just saw the pen in his left hand, is all. I am a write-left, do-almost everything-else right guy.

Not really. Faxing something is a whole hell of a lot more secure than e-mailing or file-sharing or any other sort of computer transfer.

Faxing is pretty much the standard for legal document transfer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad